The Haves Versus The Have Nots

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh let's not fool ourselves.

Did we really think we would win last night?

Based on the threads, polls and national take? 95% Thought we would lose.

21-13 is hardly a blow out. Let's be clear. But mistakes and the usual defensive woes and a wicked 9ers defense kept any come back in doubt.

Good lord, their defense is what we want to be when we grow up.

We were clearly outmatched for most of the game. But what incensed me were the stupid penalties and lost opportunities. DK? You child. Shut the F up. Enough with your pouty BS that costs us 15 yards. Grow the hell up. Diggs? Love you man but how many would be interceptions do I have to stomach with you this year?? A pick I could have catched would have put us near the 50 yard line before the half.

I could go on and on but the point is clear. We are nowhere near the 9ers at the moment. We have a long way to go, especially on defense.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I told my girl that last night. "Damn they remind me of our defense back in the day!" Swarming to the ball like a hive mentality.

I miss that.

Meanwhile our defense looks like a bunch of random bees swarming around with no real directive or purpose.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Oh let's not fool ourselves.

Did we really think we would win last night?

Based on the threads, polls and national take? 95% Thought we would lose.

21-13 is hardly a blow out. Let's be clear. But mistakes and the usual defensive woes and a wicked 9ers defense kept any come back in doubt.

Good lord, their defense is what we want to be when we grow up.

We were clearly outmatched for most of the game. But what incensed me were the stupid penalties and lost opportunities. DK? You child. Shut the F up. Enough with your pouty BS that costs us 15 yards. Grow the hell up. Diggs? Love you man but how many would be interceptions do I have to stomach with you this year?? A pick I could have catched would have put us near the 50 yard line before the half.

I could go on and on but the point is clear. We are nowhere near the 9ers at the moment. We have a long way to go, especially on defense.
I honestly felt we could win this with home field advantage and they having a 3rd string QB along with Oetes magic on prime time. 49ers defense was fast but professional teams can take advantage of that very easily if we feel our offense is great. We made mistakes that we shouldn’t have like fumbling, not picking up blitzes, not establishing runs and Geno not being sharp. We had a chance if we were able to drive the field in the second or third attempt. If we kept it close, we pressure the irrelevant and we win. I am so mad at season ticket holders who sold majority of their tickets. So many Niners. That tells me folks have up on us.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They have dogs on defense that swarm to the ball. Our team is at least a year or two away from being a legit contender (if they draft right).

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Last night felt like the Mariners playing the Astros. Completely outmatched.

I have no hope in Pete and John to build this thing correctly. The have lost their eye for talent evaluation. The promotion of Clint Hurtt tells me Pete doesn't know what he's doing.

I've lost my faith. Taima save me

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah that was the most depressing part of watching last night, seeing a carbon copy of the defense we used to have.

The good news is we now have the draft capital and cap space next off season to do as much as possible to get back to somewhere near that level of a defense.

Honestly, the Niners have been REALLY lucky the past 6-7 years. They've either been playoff contenders or stunk because of injuries and got high picks to stock that defense with elite talent. Seriously, you have to go back to 2014 if you want to see a Niner record anywhere close to middle of the road. It's been either 10+ wins, or 2-6 wins and a top 10 pick.

Torc

Reaction score
Their Defense is what we used to be when we were grown.
I thought this several times. A secondary that is physical enough that they push the edge of legal, could get a PI or defensive hold on pretty much any play. Linebackers that are just waiting for the RB to catch a screen behind the line of scrimmage so they can blow him up, and can defend a tight end - or at least make him regret he caught the ball.

I'm not saying they're to the level of the LoB, but yeah it seemed familiar. I'm so tired of playing teams in our division that have a defensive lineman's name that I hear WAY too often - Bosa, McDonald etc etc, and we don't have anyone close to that level. Bosa was living in our backfield and the roughing the passer penalty that he got was yet another "WTH do you expect a defensive player to do?!?" moment for the NFL. (I was happy about the resulting cancellation of the pick 6 of course ;) )

Our defense looked awful, but only allowed 14 (not counting the turnover near the goal line). Of course, that was to a rookie that was one step from an undrafted free agent, and they allowed him to complete his first dozen or so passes.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Last night felt like the Mariners playing the Astros. Completely outmatched.

I have no hope in Pete and John to build this thing correctly. The have lost their eye for talent evaluation. The promotion of Clint Hurtt tells me Pete doesn't know what he's doing.

I've lost my faith. Taima save me

I would tend to agree but we knew this defense would go through growing pains this year.

The last draft they hit it out of the park. So either something changed, or they were extremely lucky? If they can hit on some dominate players on the front seven, faith will be restored.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The last draft they hit it out of the park. So either something changed, or they were extremely lucky? If they can hit on some dominate players on the front seven, faith will be restored.

If Pete and John can't hit on at least three of the first four picks in the top 50 of the draft they're probably looking for new jobs in a couple years.

They will never have another opportunity like this in either of their careers.

Latest posts