The latest on Jadeveon Clowney and trade partners.

Seymour

Reaction score
I still don't make this trade unless he comes in well under Clark long term. I do not think we are 1 player away, and I think our DB's don't give us the time to get there anyway. People said the same about the Richardson trade...we get a 2nd or 3rd back yet we never did because we are players in the FA market and it canceled the comp pick. We will be players again next year looking at our roster so that kills the comp pick if true.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3qcgwpzq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1166396963786350592[/tweet]

Wait, what? How is Houston going to get a first? The best they can hope for is a 3rd if they let Clowney walk, and if they try to franchise and trade him again next year, they're going to be in an even worse position than they are now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, not gonna' happen. Of course, as long as there are guys out there like Dan Snider, anything is possible.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting!

Sounds as if the Hawks are unwilling to pay the price of entry to allow discussions.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seymour":377717mw said:
I still don't make this trade unless he comes in well under Clark long term. I do not think we are 1 player away, and I think our DB's don't give us the time to get there anyway. People said the same about the Richardson trade...we get a 2nd or 3rd back yet we never did because we are players in the FA market and it canceled the comp pick. We will be players again next year looking at our roster so that kills the comp pick if true.

That offseason was the biggest disater of the John Scneider era.

We could have had multiple 3rd round picks for Richardson and Graham and 9thers.

Instead we have Jarran Brown, Ed Dickson and Bark Mingo.

Yay.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I would pay a second straight up for a year. We will either get a 3rd, or a player the team considers more valuable than the 3rd, if he walks. Either way, we will get either a draft pick, or an additional free agent, out of the deal.

So, a second for a one year rental and another player. Sounds worthwhile to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
McGruff":20nfmomy said:
Seymour":20nfmomy said:

That offseason was the biggest disater of the John Scneider era.

We could have had multiple 3rd round picks for Richardson and Graham and 9thers.

Instead we have Jarran Brown, Ed Dickson and Bark Mingo.

Yay.

Someone gets it!!

How did that turn out folks??

:3-1:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3o07vppa said:
I still don't make this trade unless he comes in well under Clark long term..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Clowney accepts the tender here that he's refusing to accept in Houston, he becomes a UFA and we don't get a chance to extend him.

Meaning there is NO negotiating mid-season on a long term deal. We just get a one year rental player and he becomes a UFA next off season.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
How could you pass up on the chance of a once a generational talent at a premier position? We've never had anything close to this guy on our team.

So what we miss fired in the past - I highly doubt JS & PC will let their past failures influence this decision. If he can be had for the right price that fits within our plans for short and long term, you bet they'll pull the trigger.

We are going to waste our defense with this joke of a line we got this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":167zt3mq said:
Seymour":167zt3mq said:
I still don't make this trade unless he comes in well under Clark long term..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Clowney accepts the tender here that he's refusing to accept in Houston, he becomes a UFA and we don't get a chance to extend him.

Meaning there is NO negotiating mid-season on a long term deal. We just get a one year rental player and he becomes a UFA next off season.

As I understand it that is correct. But they could tag him again which is unlikely and I think because he fired his agent we can negotiate prior to others after the season but am uncertain about that? Maybe Kitsap Guys knows this answer. This is where things changed some I believe.....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1166424538969714689[/tweet]

Rat

Reaction score
All the "one year rental" talk, can't we just franchise him next year? That's the beauty of the Russ and Wags deals already being done. Worst case scenario, we risk losing Reed, who probably tanked his own value anyway. This would be getting a premiere talent in his prime.

Latest posts