The Let Down

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bitter":gcieb073 said:
Mojambo":gcieb073 said:
This fanbase is so goddamn spoiled. Spoiled rotten.

Spoiled because we hate to see potential wasted? I think it is more that we have a good idea of what lean years look like and know you can't squander the opportunities the current talent level presents.
Bingo! That is exactly right. Being a lifelong Hawks fan, I've seen too many supremely talented Seattle teams squander playoff opportunities away.

It's a crying shame that Largent, Easley, Tez, Jacob Green, Joe Nash, Jeff Bryant, Dave Brown, Curt Warner, John L. Williams, etc etc etc never got to play in a Super Bowl for the Hawks.

High expectations are a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
All coaching staffs make mistakes. I'm very hopeful ours will learn from theirs, especially the fiasco that was the o-line early this season.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I do, however, understand the frustration here. Coaches trying to make the pieces fit where
they obviously don't. and not reacting quick enough when realizing that. Not tweaking the
game plan sooner when things aren't working.

Every season brings its new challenges:
Kam's holdout!!! Dan Quinn gone. O line problems. ML goes out. Rawls goes out. Graham goes out.
Our freaking punter breaks his nose! RW goes on a record breaking streak. This kid Lockett looks OK.

You just have to hope that Pete and John continue to bring in talent, both players AND coaches.
They've got a winning formula, I just think it works better when there's less turmoil happening.