The long undershirts trend??

Seymour

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time I remember Carson getting drug down from behind with the long undershirt he is leaving untucked. Last time a game or 2 back he had like 4 feet of shirt stretched out, the shirt tore then he got tackled. This is a sloppy dress tendency I see more and more around the league. I have to wonder why Pete doesn't put an end to the advantage given to the defense to tackle these long shirts when run down from behind?? Looks sloppy too, not liking this trend. Why they even doing this?

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well, it does do a decent job of covering the plumbers crack.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Well, there you go. You found something to complain about. :lol:

In all seriousness, I noticed it too. Not sure why Carson likes the untucked shirt, but it does not appear to be impeding him.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":19rhc4e6 said:

In all seriousness, I noticed it too. Not sure why Carson likes the untucked shirt, but it does not appear to be impeding him.

Well it obviously is impeding him if it aided in his being tackled which it clearly did.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":1omd3sqz said:
hawknation2018":1omd3sqz said:

Well it obviously is impeding him if it aided in his being tackled which it clearly did.

It was grabbed a few times, but he kept going. He’s running the ball at a high level right now. 3.4 yards per carry after contact is great. And he began the game with the shirt untucked, so there must be some reason why he likes it that way. Maybe he thinks defenders will go for the shirt, rather than wrap up. I wouldn’t mess with it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Marshawn had dreads... Carson has a long shirt. If it was tucked in someone would complain about something else. Smash Mouth Football. DILLY DILLY

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Pete Carroll believes in psychology, as do I. If he believes that little things like this psychologically brings the best out of Carson, even as something as small as "appearance," let him live. It's really a silly issue

chris98251

Reaction score
After getting tackled and maybe some ribbing come film day he may change, I remember Greg Pruitt when he played for the Browns, he needed like 3 Jerseys a game, they were tear aways then and I think the league changed the policy on them. But he was running with half shirts some games.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2xtxz4bh said:
After getting tackled and maybe some ribbing come film day he may change, I remember Greg Pruitt when he played for the Browns, he needed like 3 Jerseys a game, they were tear aways then and I think the league changed the policy on them. But he was running with half shirts some games.
You thinking of Earl Campbell?
Those tear away's were not regular jersey's in NCAA or NFL
but took them awhile to figure it out that it was cheating in a
way.Big ol Earl got many yards after half his jersey was
shredded 10 yards back..He admitted years later that that
helped him quite a bit..

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I agree! Every player who does not tuck his shirt should get fined by the league for uniform violation, and told by the referee to tuck it in. if that dosent work maybe a 5yd penalty for repeated offences!!! :mad: Looks really sloppy, like a practise or scrimmage..

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":1h02e20d said:
I agree! Every player who does not tuck his shirt should get fined by the league for uniform violation, and told by the referee to tuck it in. if that dosent work maybe a 5yd penalty for repeated offences!!! :mad: Looks really sloppy, like a practise or scrimmage..

In that case, we need to ban dreadlocks, and hair outside the helmet.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2ytvh466 said:
Marshawn had dreads... Carson has a long shirt. If it was tucked in someone would complain about something else. Smash Mouth Football. DILLY DILLY

How does that contribute to the topic? I said this is a trend league wide, not just picking on Carson. :roll:

I'm also trying to understand why all the sudden they are doing this even?

I don't personally care so much about the rest of the league, just our guys giving away a uniform disadvantage of another way to drag you down.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I've seen players without undershirts and many times the jersey will 'ride up' exposing bare skin. Maybe players are protecting their midriffs from abrasion etc.

Even without a reason, styles come and go over time periods. Remember short shorts on the basket ball courts? When the style changed and guys began wearing baggy, almost calf length shorts, people complained about that too. Said it looked 'sloppy and too urban'.

The longer undershirt showing from a shorter jersey is parallel to a women's styling called "layering" . Men's and women's trends tend to mirror each other and will endure until something else replaces them.

Be happy that you guys don't have the "half tuck" which is still popular in women's styling. It's truly stupid looking and unflattering to boot.

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe he is conscious about his butt? I dont tuck my shirt in for the same reason.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I like this topic! I agree, it's a sloppy look along the lines of the baggy pants baseball players wear these days.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Maybe a compromise could be that the undershirts would be the same color as the jersey.

Also a more durable fabric (similar to the Under Armour Cold Gear/Heat Gear made of nylon lycra). That would appear more "uniform-like" than a white cotton undershirt.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not the only one who has noticed this trend. Looks so stupid.

doso

Reaction score
I think it’s a benefit for sure. When tacklers think they’ve got him by grabbing his untucked shirt, it stretches for an extra 3-4 yards. If they were to grab on to anything else, he’ll possibly get less yards. :idea:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lol Dude could wear a tutu for all I care so long as he keeps like on he's the Juggernaut.

"Don't you know who I am?!?!"

Latest posts