The most ideal next team for Russell Wilson

knownone

Reaction score
Redzone stats this year
Geno Smith 15/33 45.5% 113yards 6TD 2INT 68.6 Rating
Russel Wilson 24/36 66.7% 179yards 10 TD 0 INT 117.8 Rating
It's worth noting the Broncos have played an extra game than Seattle, so those totals are a tad misleading. But let's remove the glaring sample size issue and look at last season.

Geno: 41/76 54% 301yards 18TD 0INT 103.1 rating
Wilson: 24/47 51% 183yards 7TD 1INT 91.6 rating

Geno was 9th in QB red zone scoring, and Russell was 27th.

rcaido

Reaction score
It's worth noting the Broncos have played an extra game than Seattle, so those totals are a tad misleading. But let's remove the glaring sample size issue and look at last season.

Geno: 41/76 54% 301yards 18TD 0INT 103.1 rating
Wilson: 24/47 51% 183yards 7TD 1INT 91.6 rating

Geno was 9th in QB red zone scoring, and Russell was 27th.

How is last season relevant to the discussion. Everyone knows Wilson played awful.

We are talking about current redzone this season. Geno had only 3 less throws then Wilson, so the stats can be compared. Its not a glaring sample size lol.

knownone

Reaction score
How is last season relevant to the discussion. Everyone knows Wilson played awful.

We are talking about current redzone this season. Geno had only 3 less throws then Wilson, so the stats can be compared. Its not a glaring sample size lol.
No. You want to limit the discussion to this season because including last season expands the sample size and proves you wrong.

You are using total stats. But Russell's played an extra game, so his total stats look better by comparison. For example, if we remove Russell's performance against the Bears, his overall numbers are significantly worse.

themunn

Reaction score
Redzone stats this year
Geno Smith 15/33 45.5% 113yards 6TD 2INT 68.6 Rating
Russel Wilson 24/36 66.7% 179yards 10 TD 0 INT 117.8 Rating

OK but those stats don't allow for how often we run in the redzone - Kenneth Walker has 6 TDs this season, all of which have been redzone rushes - 4 TDs from the 1 yard line, a 3 yard TD and a 7 yard TD. With that in mind, when we get close, we're giving the ball to Walker (as illustrated by back to back 1 yard failed runs against Arizona on Sunday before we gave Geno the third down try which was set up to fail).

In comparison the Broncos have scored just one rushing TD all season. So redzone stats are not too dissimilar, with both teams scoring 11 TDs, albeit Geno's 2 interceptions do look worse in comparison.

rcaido

Reaction score
OK but those stats don't allow for how often we run in the redzone - Kenneth Walker has 6 TDs this season, all of which have been redzone rushes - 4 TDs from the 1 yard line, a 3 yard TD and a 7 yard TD. With that in mind, when we get close, we're giving the ball to Walker (as illustrated by back to back 1 yard failed runs against Arizona on Sunday before we gave Geno the third down try which was set up to fail).

In comparison the Broncos have scored just one rushing TD all season. So redzone stats are not too dissimilar, with both teams scoring 11 TDs, albeit Geno's 2 interceptions do look worse in comparison.
I wasn't comparing Broncos vs Seahawks redzone but that is very interesting stats to look at.

Broncos RBs has only gotten the ball 19 times total within the redzone. Only 3times within 5 yards.
Seahawks had the ball 36 times within the redzone and 16 times within 5 yards.

Seahawks are ranked #2 in Redzone attempts but conversion wise its not good. They are ranked 21st.

Interesting enough, the Broncos have the 4th best rushing yards per attempt but 29th in actual attempts.

The RBs have 17 attempts difference, almost doubled. While Geno & Russ has only 3 attempts difference which is a valid way to compare QBs redzone.

LastRideOut

Reaction score

I remember getting irritated whenever the broadcast would show a graphic showing Russ's career game winning TD drives total after 3-n-outs all game along when Russ was a player for Seattle.

I'm sure Donk fans feel the exact same way when they showed this during the Jets game. In fact I think it was a few minutes before he fumbled the ball to end the game. These graphics haven't been relevant for Russ for years now. Time to stop showing them.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yay. And out of the 32 NFL teams, how many would want him on his current contract?

Here's a hint: it's... nearly one.

Yes, that Pete Carroll is one hell of a coach, and he and his offensive coördinators did one hell of a job to be able to get so much out of a quarterback whose limitations have kept and will continue to keep any other coach from coming even close to duplicating the feat.

Before last season, RW3-and-out and the Russellettes had everyone convinced that Pete Carroll was wasting Russell Wilson's prime years by not "lett[ing him] cook." What we've seen since the trade showed us that, well,

Seahawker

Reaction score
I remember getting irritated whenever the broadcast would show a graphic showing Russ's career game winning TD drives total after 3-n-outs all game along when Russ was a player for Seattle.

I'm sure Donk fans feel the exact same way when they showed this during the Jets game. In fact I think it was a few minutes before he fumbled the ball to end the game. These graphics haven't been relevant for Russ for years now. Time to stop showing them.
Wow...
Mr. Unlimited broke all kinds of records, handed you a Lombardi trophy and then gifted you some 1st & 2nd rounders on his way out. But somehow he's the fall guy? I bet most of you never even went to Subway to try his Dangerwich. 🙄

chris98251

Reaction score
I think like Mr limited if not in a plush safe environment with a One of a Kind RB and a Historical defense would do exactly what many would do eating a Dangerwich, Choke!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wow...
Mr. Unlimited broke all kinds of records, handed you a Lombardi trophy and then gifted you some 1st & 2nd rounders on his way out. But somehow he's the fall guy? I bet most of you never even went to Subway to try his Dangerwich. 🙄
He didn't hand us anything..The LOB/Pete did
all Me3 did was try to take it all for himself.
As for that nasty sub it wasn't advertised but a
minute.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wow...
Ex girlfriend/ ex wife syndrome. They get the house and the kids but still angry and do personal attacks still even though they were one who cheated and wanted the divorce. Scorn fans are the worst

Russell Wilson 40000 passing yards, 5000 rushing, and 300Td is quite a feat. Not sure anyone currently can obtain that. Maybe Josh Allen but he would be the closest one.

By the time Russ retire he will have 50000+, 6000+, & 400+. I'm glad he was a Seahawks. I hope he comes back and retires as one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ex girlfriend/ ex wife syndrome. They get the house and the kids but still angry and do personal attacks still even though they were one who cheated and wanted the divorce. Scorn fans are the worst

Russell Wilson 40000 passing yards, 5000 rushing, and 300Td is quite a feat. Not sure anyone currently can obtain that. Maybe Josh Allen but he would be the closest one.

By the time Russ retire he will have 50000+, 6000+, & 400+. I'm glad he was a Seahawks. I hope he comes back and retires as one.
See your still digging in that Desert sand he sold you saying it's beach front property, hit water yet?

jeremiah

Reaction score
RW needs to find his magic again. The problem is, he left it behind in some suitcase in 2017. He doesn't have the wheels, once they are gone 5' 10" QBs can't find lanes. I think even Drew Brees could play better today, than RW.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

For Wilson to get to 50,000 passing yards, he'll need the rest of this season and two more as a starter. I think it's more likely he's out of the league by this time next year than starting for another two and a half seasons.

It also seems pretty unlikely he'll get to 6,000 yards rushing. He's getting older, slower, and more fragile, and he'll need another two full seasons at his career average before this season (just over 450 yards) to get there. And that would also require him to continue to be a starter into the 2025 season. I just don't think that's very likely. At this point, most Broncos fans want the team to bite the $85M dead-cap bullet and get rid of him. And once a guy has made over $40M a year, I don't think he's going to want what teams will be willing to pay him to be their backup or an emergency one-year starter for a team in a situation like the 2023 Jets. Plus, as a backup, there's no way he gets close to any of those round-number milestones.

As for TD passes, Wilson would need another 79 to reach 400. His career average before this season, including all those years he was in the system Pete Carroll built to get the most out of Wilson's strengths while minimizing the impact of his glaring weaknesses, was 28 per year. He's now older and slower, and he is no longer in Carroll's Russball system, but let's give him 28 per year. That's another 15 this year, and he would need to remain a starting quarterback and maintain his career average of 28 TD passes per year into the 2026 season. I feel very safe saying that's not going to happen.

If 50,000 passing yards, 6,000 rushing yards, and 400 TD passes are the over/unders for Wilson's career when it's over, I'm more than comfortable taking the under on all three.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RW needs to find his magic again. The problem is, he left it behind in some suitcase in 2017. He doesn't have the wheels, once they are gone 5' 10" QBs can't find lanes. I think even Drew Brees could play better today, than RW.
Your right on wheels..They are good for one or two easy runs
and then he is tired.
Drew could as he didn't need to create by running.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Not the first time antennas weren't up to detect my sarcasm 🙄.
"Be careful, it's spicy."

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
See your still digging in that Desert sand he sold you saying it's beach front property, hit water yet?
I think the only reachable water would be the Salton Sea, which is shallow, landlocked, highly saline body of water at the southern end of California, lies on the San Andreas Fault, and beach front lined with millions of dead fishes every summer.

BUT BUT BUT, it's driving distance from Wilson's home in San Diego.

Last edited:

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I think the only reachable water would be the Salton Sea, which is shallow, landlocked, highly saline body of water at the southern end of California, lies on the San Andreas Fault, and beach front lined with millions of dead fishes every summer.

BUT BUT BUT, it's short drive from Wilson's home in San Diego.

View attachment 61443

Russ's play smells like this too.

Accurate.