The NBA is a garbage league that needs to die, but I know

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":16ukm93z said:
Meh, anyone could get most of these "superstar" calls if these players had the brains to attack the basket in the clutch, where most these late game free throw fouls and normal free throw fouls for that matter, happen most the time.

But hey, who am I to poop on a conspiracy party?
With all due respect intended! BS!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Care to eleborate?

Antonio Daniels used to do it all the time when he was with the Sonics. I know you aren't calling Antonio Daniels a superstar, theres numerous others that would do this.

Its pretty simple basketball knowledge that you're instilled with as a kid... How much time is left? whats the score? if its all close, you attack the basket.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The complaints you guys have about officiating favoring the superstars go right to the doorstep of David Stern. He has orchestrated all of the bullshit in the NBA in the name of marketing and growth. Superstars and big market teams have sold merchandise and generated ratings because IMO unlike the NFL, he didn't feel the purity of their game stood on its own. He has largely been successful in his approach, but I question the sustainability of a superstar driven league considering how the NFL got to where it is was based on parity and competition. Perhaps because there's only 5 guys on the floor at any one time the superstar driven model of he NBA will continue. I have doubts because I believe at some point people in Cleveland, Sacramento, Toronto, etc. are going to get bored as hell with the endless losing and just quit on being fans of the game and not bother to show up/watch even when LeBron comes to town.

One thing I do know though, Stern screwed the city of Seattle mightily and for that I hope he rots in hell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3unvqmnp said:
Care to eleborate?

Antonio Daniels used to do it all the time when he was with the Sonics. I know you aren't calling Antonio Daniels a superstar, theres numerous others that would do this.

Its pretty simple basketball knowledge that you're instilled with as a kid... How much time is left? whats the score? if its all close, you attack the basket.
If you really believe ther are "no superstar calls" in the NBA you are watching he game thru rose colored glasses. There is nothing wrong with loving the game and the league if you choose to do so but come to blindly ignore one of the NBA's biggest warts is well........ Let me stop there, before going off on the NBA again or come across as a dick to you (as you are one of the posters I respect here).

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean I'm not saying there aren't super star cars or calls that favor certain players

Remember the Sonics Vs Spurs playoff series in 06? Spurs were flopping like fish and fouling like they weren't raised correctly. I just don't think it happens as much as people say it does.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q3eqq77z said:
The complaints you guys have about officiating favoring the superstars go right to the doorstep of David Stern. He has orchestrated all of the bullshit in the NBA in the name of marketing and growth. Superstars and big market teams have sold merchandise and generated ratings because IMO unlike the NFL, he didn't feel the purity of their game stood on its own. He has largely been successful in his approach, but I question the sustainability of a superstar driven league considering how the NFL got to where it is was based on parity and competition. Perhaps because there's only 5 guys on the floor at any one time the superstar driven model of he NBA will continue. I have doubts because I believe at some point people in Cleveland, Sacramento, Toronto, etc. are going to get bored as hell with the endless losing and just quit on being fans of the game and not bother to show up/watch even when LeBron comes to town.

One thing I do know though, Stern screwed the city of Seattle mightily and for that I hope he rots in hell.
Thank you, you said it better than I did. Like I said in the past I hope "Little Napoleon" (Stern) is the first man to ever die from a very painful and very severe case of herpes!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You know who never fouled out? Wilt Chamberlain. He did that while averaging 45.8 minutes per game throughout his entire career. Was that because the league didn't call as many fouls? Or was it because Wilt was the greatest basketball player of all time? I'd say both.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I stopped watching the NBA when it was more common for a flop foul call than a real foul call. Bill Lambear was one of the first and worst. His reaction was almost comical because it was so exaggerated.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kixkahn":2o5mn6xj said:
I stopped watching the NBA when it was more common for a flop foul call than a real foul call. Bill Lambear was one of the first and worst. His reaction was almost comical because it was so exaggerated.
Karl Malone, And John Stockton were also flop artists that got away with it.