The new Steve Largent.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
An interesting point between the two, and I must admit I am a life long Largent fan, is that how many times that Doug is open and Russ never sees him... been going on for years....

netskier

Reaction score
gonzhawk":24860hds said:
An interesting point between the two, and I must admit I am a life long Largent fan, is that how many times that Doug is open and Russ never sees him... been going on for years....

I was told Thursday after the game that Russ is coached to only scan half the field, basically because he is a running quarterback, and does not have time to scan the entire field before he must take off.

On the other hand, pocket quarterbacks, meaning those who have more or less dependable pockets, are coached to scan the entire field.

Russ is a bit of both styles of quarterbacks, so I think that sometimes he has time to scan the whole field, and other times he doesn't, and on those times he misses wide open receivers.

Anyhow, this theory makes sense to me, based upon what I have seen, and I wonder what others think of it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
One cant say enough good things about Doug Baldwin. The man is just everything. We are so lucky to witness this unique chemistry between Doug and Wilson. It keeps amazing me.

It took time for me to get over his dump taking penalty in the super bowl, but he has been nothing but class ever since. It’s time to forgive that.

Rocket

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":2pqti1na said:
Does anyone else see the similarities in Doug Baldwin and Largent.
Both largely after thoughts in the draft, and free agency, both having to be the focus of the offense and the other teams primary receiver to stop.
Often times doubled and triple covered.

THIS team is much more talented than those other Seahawk teams, but with our offensive line issues and no running game, I am not sure Baldwin doesn't have it worse especially of late.
Baldwin is like a clone of Largent in the way he runs he's routes, and his footwork,and his work ethic.

I can't remember a Seahawk receiver since Largent to have his ability to catch the ball and make the acrobatic catches look routine.
Seriously, mad Doug is probably the most underrated receiver in football.
This team is going to miss him when he decides to someday hang it up.

MAD RESPECT TO YOU DOUG!.

Angry Steve Baldwin?
Angry Doug Largent?

I was thinking the same thing while watching the "schoolyard" pass, catch and run.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1tstufqp said:
The Great Hawktini":1tstufqp said:
Does anyone else see the similarities in Doug Baldwin and Largent.
Both largely after thoughts in the draft, and free agency, both having to be the focus of the offense and the other teams primary receiver to stop.
Often times doubled and triple covered.

THIS team is much more talented than those other Seahawk teams, but with our offensive line issues and no running game, I am not sure Baldwin doesn't have it worse especially of late.
Baldwin is like a clone of Largent in the way he runs he's routes, and his footwork,and his work ethic.

I can't remember a Seahawk receiver since Largent to have his ability to catch the ball and make the acrobatic catches look routine.
Seriously, mad Doug is probably the most underrated receiver in football.
This team is going to miss him when he decides to someday hang it up.

MAD RESPECT TO YOU DOUG!.

Angry Steve Baldwin?
Angry Doug Largent?

I was thinking the same thing while watching the "schoolyard" pass, catch and run.
You wanna see “Angry Steve” watch 2 plays. The play before he decleated Hardin, and the Hardin decleating itself.
It’s my favorite non-playoff Hawks play ever!

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't see the Steve Smith comparison. Smith was crazy fast and played like a big receiver.

Baldwin is kind of unique. The most similar receiver I can think of in my lifetime is Derrick Mason--but with a little bit of tough guy thrown in there like Ricky Proehl or Hines Ward.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score