the nfc west blog

amill87

Reaction score
49ers":3stgiy8f said:
amill87":3stgiy8f said:
And yeah, the Niner trolls can get bad around here but this response is not out of line.
And if someone took the time to actually read my responses, you'd see that I have said several times that the Seahawks are better than the 49ers, and THE team to beat in the NFC, if not the NFL.

I'm a realist, not a troll. Besides, you guys seem to be smarter and more with-it than the idiots I hang out with on the 49ers.com forums. So many band-wagon fans..... they have no clue what they're talking about.

Sorry if that came off as I was talking about you. I was referring to other posters. I'm with ya on the OP saying we can't be beat at home is ridiculous.

On topic, the NFCW blog is filled up with Niner stuff because the Hawks just had a bye week and nothing really new to talk about. Harvin got mentioned and that's about it. Not too much news in Hawks land at the moment.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sorry you guys are falling for his routine. I don't think I've ever called a niner fan here a troll before but if you read between the lines on other threads, you'll see what's going on, don't say I didn't warn ya.

Monistat

Reaction score
Personally i think Blount is a weak writer. Too many times i feel like he is just regurgitating info we already heard elsewhere for the day. I actually miss Sando <3

amill87

Reaction score
Monistat":kzu4obw8 said:
Personally i think Blount is a weak writer. Too many times i feel like he is just regurgitating info we already heard elsewhere for the day. I actually miss Sando <3

I think ESPN made the right choice in splitting the blog up into 4 writers. I kinda felt like Sando was slipping but I think it was because it was just too much to cover and too hard to appease four different fan bases that hate each other.

Too bad we got the nascar writer.

paramedic586

Reaction score
Aros":2owyq7kn said:
49ers":2owyq7kn said:
theseahawkguy":2owyq7kn said:
seems to have a love affair with the 9ers who suck. Do they not know seattle cannot be beat at home by any team which includes them too?
.......... Cardinals?

I wonder what it must be like to be a fan of a rival team (say for argument's sake, the 49ers) and hang out in the other team's fan forum (say for argument's sake, Seahawks.NET) after your team won?

Hmm. Never tried it before. Different strokes I guess.

Well given my name I work really crazy hours. (20:30-0830) so in the early mornings when I'm not running calls I enjoy reading other teams forums. I feel I get more team info from fans then I do from writers. Probably because most people on these forums are die hard fans. For the most part I don't respond. But when ever I see an opposing team tread about the 49ers of course I'm going to read. Some times respond. Honestly our threads the most active, most informative, and fun to read. But sometime I get sick of the whining (yes we are known as whiners not just cause it Rhymes) about stupid things. I chop it it up to band wagon fans personally. Im from the "red zone" forums so please don't lump me with the 49ers "webzone" crowd. ( I don't know why but the 49ers webzone seems to get a lot of hate.

Anyways I'm never here to pick a fight. I just love talking about football. Only reason I root against the hawks is because they are our true rival. Plus I know somebody who knows lynch ( played together at cal) he is a stand up guy according to him. Hard to "hate" a team like that. Cheers all.

I hope to see the hawks in the NFC championship. Because if the 49ers are going to be the best the need to beat the best. Cheers. :)

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Monistat":1nhh9eru said:

you think? I know!

49ers

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3ni0bvhq said:
Sorry you guys are falling for his routine. I don't think I've ever called a niner fan here a troll before but if you read between the lines on other threads, you'll see what's going on, don't say I didn't warn ya.
?? I said way back that I think the 49ers would win the 2nd matchup, and then lose to the Seahawks in the playoffs. I'm not backing down from that. The Seahawks have THE best defense in the league, and defense wins championships. Not to mention, a great rushing attack, the best home-field in the NFL, and the best QB in the NFC West. Even the kicking game is amazing.

I've said all of this, either on these forums or the 49ers ones. I don't know what everyone else is "falling for".

49ers

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2gngwbk0 said:
Oh that's right, I'm also a donor for this website: http://seahawks.net/donation_tracker/donate.php

Should have started with that.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I think we all should be careful when reading other fan posts. There are plenty of Hawk posters that I cringe when reading on other team's sites. It one thing to be on your own team site and go for it but to do it on an opposing team site is a bit dickish.

As for the Hawks and Niners I think we probably all agree they may be the two best teams in the League. They are really the two most balanced teams , then followed closely by Carolina. Then you have the AFC, Denver is the best offense but not balanced, The Patriots maybe the most balanced right now, or do we say maybe the Chargers?

Back to the OP, I can not stand Blount's writing for the most part, heck I think many here can write that drivel. I sure wish we had Sando as our writer he was one of the best.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I quit reading the NFC West blog, or whatever it is now, when Sando got promoted.

I miss his insights and stats, but my appetite for info is satiated here at .NET, so I don't miss it too much.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TBH I didn't know there still was an NFCW blog.

And yeah, I miss Sando, but he was promoted, and good folks should get promoted.

Didn't know the Hawks got a Nascar guy. The 9ers got Williamson and gosh he sucks. He might even be worse than Grant Cohn (easily the 9ers worst beat reporter, although marginally improving if still pretty uninformed and trollish, in his father's tradition).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
49ers":3gyitngm said:
amill87":3gyitngm said:
And yeah, the Niner trolls can get bad around here but this response is not out of line.
And if someone took the time to actually read my responses, you'd see that I have said several times that the Seahawks are better than the 49ers, and THE team to beat in the NFC, if not the NFL.

I'm a realist, not a troll. Besides, you guys seem to be smarter and more with-it than the idiots I hang out with on the 49ers.com forums. So many band-wagon fans..... they have no clue what they're talking about.
I like this guy,Good luck to your team till they get to Seattle :49ersmall:

OP
OP
T

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
look a espn today supporting a team whos qb is barely better than tebow. Did that the second game of the season too and look what happened.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Based on the money line the Seahawks have a 66% likelihood of winning on Saturday. That can be viewed as consistent with pretty much everything said here, provided you don't over analyze all of the hyperbole and quibble about the same semantics that accompanies every sports discussion.

When somebody says that the Seahawks are definitely going to win they do not mean we have a 100% chance of winning. If you have followed the NFL for any amount of time you know that even the heavy favorites lose fairly often and the parity between teams is probably the best thing the NFL has going for itself vs. other sports. There is a reason that teams can go from the #1 overall pick to the playoffs and wild card teams win Super Bowls; the margin between a good team and a bad team is razor thin. Give posters the benefit of the doubt and translate into equivalencies; when you read "definite win" and "unbeatable" just add on the caveat "as much as anything is definite in the NFL".

Hawks46

Reaction score
Polaris":2k3nyobf said:
49ers":2k3nyobf said:
theseahawkguy":2k3nyobf said:
seems to have a love affair with the 9ers who suck. Do they not know seattle cannot be beat at home by any team which includes them too?
.......... Cardinals?

Any Given Sunday......and I'd point out that the Cardinals played out of their mind defense that day. When Palmer throws four picks, you can be 99%+ sure his team will lose. I think subsequent events have shown that the game was not indicative of anything other than Seattle having a bad day and the Cards having a stellar one.

I point out that your niners "couged" a 17-0 lead to the same team, and very nearly lost that game.

Cardinals still won, which refutes the bolded section. We're not invincible here. This is why fans of other teams call us arrogant....we lose a few weeks ago to a team and turn around and make the "cannot lose to any team" statement afterwords. The Niners also do not "suck" (at least as a team), they're one of the hottest teams in the NFL. GB isn't any easy place to play.

If the Niners fans did that, we'd have all sorts of names for them. Just sayin'

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawks46":alr2he4b said:
Polaris":alr2he4b said:
49ers":alr2he4b said:
theseahawkguy":alr2he4b said:
.......... Cardinals?

Any Given Sunday......and I'd point out that the Cardinals played out of their mind defense that day. When Palmer throws four picks, you can be 99%+ sure his team will lose. I think subsequent events have shown that the game was not indicative of anything other than Seattle having a bad day and the Cards having a stellar one.

I point out that your niners "couged" a 17-0 lead to the same team, and very nearly lost that game.

Cardinals still won, which refutes the bolded section. We're not invincible here. This is why fans of other teams call us arrogant....we lose a few weeks ago to a team and turn around and make the "cannot lose to any team" statement afterwords. The Niners also do not "suck" (at least as a team), they're one of the hottest teams in the NFL. GB isn't any easy place to play.

If the Niners fans did that, we'd have all sorts of names for them. Just sayin'

Niner fans do do that. On their boards I don't care (since I have better things to do than read 49ner boards). I am told Webzone in particular as a bad reputation. However, these are Seattle boards. Just Saying.

Hawks46

Reaction score
As a follow up, I don't care what fans post on other boards. I come here because information is aggragated by folks that have more time than I do, and I like the discussion; we have some good football minds here, and I learn stuff ( and hopefully impart some small insight back into the threads).

I don't have time to troll multiple forums. I have enough self confidence and I don't give 2 craps about what someone might be writing about my team somewhere, at some point. If someone is fine here, it's all I care about. THere's a few Niners fans that have some football intelligence and objectivity. I like other perspectives and this guy seems to be in that group as far as I'm concerned.

I'm a fan of the Seahawks first, then football. Without all the other teams, there would be no Seahawks !

DrDix

Reaction score
Hawknballs":zt29pob8 said:

Or maybe you're a little too oversensitive to what that person said. Just because someone says something you may not agree with or like does not mean they're a troll. It doesn't work that way.