The only WRs that demand double coverage available are...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":ba15xp51 said:
Pandion Haliaetus wrote: it can be done easy...

Lets say the Bears do trade us Marshall... They actually save 3.95m. I dont know where the other guy got 13m from. Marshall saved the Bears as Som6rset said 4m.

Lets also say the Seahawks trade thier 2015 4th and 6th rounder (from Jets).

Lets say the Seahawks also get Marshall to restructure with GUARANTEED MONEY.

Sidebar of Reality- Seahawks lacking WR depth will likely opt to give Kearse a 2nd round tender. Ive seen that number been estimated at 2.5 min to 3.1 max.

So lets say Seahawks give Marshall a 4 yr, 30m w/ 8m signing bonus. Up to 18 m guaranteef.

2m hits on a 4 yr spread.

Year 1: 2 base gtd + 8m sb = 10 m in pocket.

Cap hit = 4m

Note: 4m is about 1m more than the max estimate of the 2nd round tender slotted to keep Kearse.

Marshall @4 > Kearse @ 2.5-3

Yr 2: Doug Baldwin enters the last year of his deal @ 5.6m against the cap. Keep in mind that after the season that money will return to the WR pool.

For Marshall:

1.5 roster/workout bonus + 2.5 gtd base + sb = 6.0 cap hit

2 yr earnings = 14 m

Yr 3: Remember Baldwin comes off the books so Marshall can get a significant boost. 2017 is also the Year where the cap is expected to be 160 m and Seahawks have 100m in free cap which will change ofcourse when Wilson and Wagner plus others sign their extensions.

But what was Baldwin's can now be Marshall's and allocate some of the 5.6 m cap hit to Marshall's purse.

1m roster bonus
+ 1 m workout bonus
+ 4m base salary
+ 1 m performance pay
+ signing bonus
= 9m cap hit

BM can be cut saving 5 m or 7 m( by designating him as a June 1st cut).

Yr 4: Keep in mind this will be Marshall's age 34 season.

1m roster bonus
+1m workout bonus
+ 5 yr base
+2m performance pay
= 11 m

Seahawks can cut Marshall saving 9 m.

Total Earnings In Years:
1- 10 m
2- 14 m
3- 21 m
4- 30 m
Wow you sure went all out on a mix of fact and fiction .We don't know how exactly his contract is structured to fit on our salary cap.We don't even have our own teams spreadsheets to know how this works.I get you want him and you worked hard on your post but man I have to disagree with you .I don't see it -sorry.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":22t9vduw said:
hawksurething":22t9vduw said:
Pandion Haliaetus wrote: it can be done easy...

Lets say the Bears do trade us Marshall... They actually save 3.95m. I dont know where the other guy got 13m from. Marshall saved the Bears as Som6rset said 4m.

Lets also say the Seahawks trade thier 2015 4th and 6th rounder (from Jets).

Lets say the Seahawks also get Marshall to restructure with GUARANTEED MONEY.

Sidebar of Reality- Seahawks lacking WR depth will likely opt to give Kearse a 2nd round tender. Ive seen that number been estimated at 2.5 min to 3.1 max.

So lets say Seahawks give Marshall a 4 yr, 30m w/ 8m signing bonus. Up to 18 m guaranteef.

2m hits on a 4 yr spread.

Year 1: 2 base gtd + 8m sb = 10 m in pocket.

Cap hit = 4m

Note: 4m is about 1m more than the max estimate of the 2nd round tender slotted to keep Kearse.

Marshall @4 > Kearse @ 2.5-3

Yr 2: Doug Baldwin enters the last year of his deal @ 5.6m against the cap. Keep in mind that after the season that money will return to the WR pool.

For Marshall:

1.5 roster/workout bonus + 2.5 gtd base + sb = 6.0 cap hit

2 yr earnings = 14 m

Yr 3: Remember Baldwin comes off the books so Marshall can get a significant boost. 2017 is also the Year where the cap is expected to be 160 m and Seahawks have 100m in free cap which will change ofcourse when Wilson and Wagner plus others sign their extensions.

But what was Baldwin's can now be Marshall's and allocate some of the 5.6 m cap hit to Marshall's purse.

1m roster bonus
+ 1 m workout bonus
+ 4m base salary
+ 1 m performance pay
+ signing bonus
= 9m cap hit

BM can be cut saving 5 m or 7 m( by designating him as a June 1st cut).

Yr 4: Keep in mind this will be Marshall's age 34 season.

1m roster bonus
+1m workout bonus
+ 5 yr base
+2m performance pay
= 11 m

Seahawks can cut Marshall saving 9 m.

Total Earnings In Years:
1- 10 m
2- 14 m
3- 21 m
4- 30 m
Wow you sure went all out on a mix of fact and fiction .We don't know how exactly his contract is structured to fit on our salary cap.We don't even have our own teams spreadsheets to know how this works.I get you want him and you worked hard on your post but man I have to disagree with you .I don't see it -sorry.

You don't have to agree...but at least other seahawks fans know its easily possible to get him,Vjackson,or any other proven #1 WR that becomesa avalible ;)