The player that went away

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":aaz898de said:
Surprised by this but Sherman. He just gave a certain level of confidence that seemed to carry over into the rest of the team, the fans etc. The GB game when he picked off Rodgers in the end zone sort of sums that feeling up for me. He drove me nuts at times but when he was at his best he was so much fun and I think under appreciated since leaving by the fan base although I also understand why.

Not a surprise, at least Sherman ON the field. In the locker room and yelling at his coaches? Not so much.

We're certainly seeing what the team looks like without a Sherman taking away half the field and how bad the defense plays with mediocre CB's. That's for sure.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":1lih44vk said:
Clint Gresham. The guy only ever made one bad snap, and it was on purpose (snapped through the endzone to get a safety, in a weird situation where that was a good strategy).

I'd love to see the stats on how many times we've committed an intentional safety during the Pete Carroll era, versus other teams. Has to be a lot, comparatively speaking.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tarvaris Jackson.

His ability to read the coin and correctly call heads or tails in clutch situations should never go unnoticed.
His absence in the coin toss has left a void that will likely never be filled.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
"Lost" is an interesting term.

Golden Tate - We lost him because he signed a better contract elsewhere and he played really well. I think of all the players note, he's the one that played much better after he left but that was mostly due to offensive scheme differences. We probably could have made better use of him.

Earl Thomas - He's one of my top 3 Seahawk players of all time. I'm not sure Baltimore will see the level of success with him and I feel the loss of what he was, not what he is. He is still a good player, but not the great that was here.

All that said, I feel the loss of Earl the most. With our run game, receivers just aren't utilized very much, so their impact is much less. Safeties are impactful on the majority of defensive plays and the difference between Earl and the safeties we have is significant. We can't pay everyone though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
#1 )Kam C.
# 2 ) thee Real Mike Rob ( I loved how he united the locker room)
#3) #24
There are others but these are the first that come to mind.

He’s a snapshot of the SB roster.
Lots of good choices available.
77d2ab4e6403ecb5c9da732ea4edf282.jpg

Obviously there were many that left the team in the years previous to SB48

Honorable mentions

House$
J. Ryan
They just added something special IMO.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Okung wasn't our biggest loss but he was one of the most significant with the way everything went down afterwards.

The Hawks were clearly planning on resigning Okung, but his decision to act as his own agent was a curve ball. It ended with him taking a bunch of imaginary money with the Broncos that turned into a 1 year $8 million contract when they cut him the following off season. In reaction the Hawks were forced to start a rookie UDFA TE at LT that season with the expected growing pains. That no doubt contributed to Glowinski having a poor season at LG.

Worse, the team decided to bank on Fant for 2017 only to have him go down for the season to a torn ACL in August. That left them in serious scramble mode having to play Odhiambo at LT with no experience, and ultimately needing to trade for Duane Brown halfway through the season at a cost of both a 2nd and a 3rd round pick due to Lane failing the physical.

OL struggles ended up as the major weakness of the team in 2016 and 2017 along with all of the RB injuries.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
minormillikin":3sdcr3ao said:
Clint Gresham. The guy only ever made one bad snap, and it was on purpose (snapped through the endzone to get a safety, in a weird situation where that was a good strategy).

He was good and we went through some struggles when he left but Ott has been solid.

I think it's Kam by a mile. He was durable (until he wasn't) unlike Earl and he was just such an emotional leader. It says a lot to me JS said their plan was to build around Wagner, Russ and Kam.

Other than his (understandable) hold-out, Kam was a total team guy. I still remember that Green Bay game where we got our ass kicked, he was on the sidelines in near-tears telling the guys to keep fighting.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
To me, it's a toss-up between five players.

Earl Thomas
Cam Chancellor
Doug Baldwin
Richard Sherman
Marshawn Lynch

All stellar, Pro Bowl, potential Hall of Fame players. All heavy contributors to our Super Bowl win and the subsequent run. All whose talents are sorely missed on this team. And no matter how they left, it's hard to argue the holes they left behind.

But... hard to make an argument against this. Notably, this year, we have won the toss twice (and won both times) and lost once (to the Saints). Make of that what you will.

Jerhawk":2siqu3nw said:
Tarvaris Jackson.

His ability to read the coin and correctly call heads or tails in clutch situations should never go unnoticed.
His absence in the coin toss has left a void that will likely never be filled.

Seymour

Reaction score
Them only player that could erase Megatron!!!!!!!!!!

6a00e009983955883301b8d219a7f6970c pi

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jgd8y28v said:
It's gotta be Kam........for not only the physicality, edge and what he brought to the defense on the field. But for his leadership in the lockeroom helping lead and control a LOT of volatile personalities.

I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as Kam left, guys like Earl, Doug and Sherm started acting out.
This.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3k7su9w3 said:
If I had to choose from the last 10 years, I would say Golden Tate. I didn't really consider Lynch, Sherm, Earl, or Kam because there were other circumstances (retirement or bridges burned) that didn't allow them to be here.

However, the title of this thread immediately made me think of Joe Jurevicius.

Thought this too.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
LargentFan":198d2z1b said:
therealjohncarlson":198d2z1b said:
And Tate's "antics" didn't ??
What are you referring to here?
I’d be willing to bet it has something to do with his waving bye-bye taunt. Or maybe a doughnut shop.

Reaction score
No love for Big Red Bryant on here. I loved that dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":37oq3w96 said:
I have always contended that losing Tate lost us the NE SB and probably one more trip to the SB (and likely win) against the Broncos again.

Not only that, but Tate was a very good blocker for the run game.

Worst loss for us that I can imagine. My favorite players were still Lynch, Kam, Earl, Sherman and Browner (I know he tried to kill someone but he was awesome on the field as an intimidator) - but the loss of Tate was the first domino in the toppling of the dynasty.

Next was Lynch. But without an OL to block for Lynch, it almost did not matter by that point.

Definitely! At the price he cost the Lions, 5 yrs @ $31M. When the Seahawks had no problem handing money out to bums like Cary Williams, Luke Joeckel, Eddy Lacey, etc.

Letting Tate walk made no sense from a football perspective. His cap number in yr 1 with Detroit was $3.1M. The Seahawks could've easily afforded it. The upcoming draft was loaded with receiving talent though, so they thought they could save money, and fill the position that way. They drafted Paul Richardson.

minormillikin

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":22yoe058 said:
LargentFan":22yoe058 said:
therealjohncarlson":22yoe058 said:
And Tate's "antics" didn't ??
What are you referring to here?
I’d be willing to bet it has something to do with his waving bye-bye taunt. Or maybe a doughnut shop.

Or allegedly banging ORW (Original Russ Wife)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
xray":3ugdyvbd said:
What is your favorite player in the last 10 years that the Hawks lost though one way or another , Mine is Golden Tate...I always imagined Tate & Baldwin on the field with Wilson slinging it...that's called moving the chains .

Before I got to your 2nd sentence I was already thinking Golden Tate, so I'm not copying you, but..Golden Tate. He was a great fit and big time playmaker. It's really too bad they missed so badly on Percy Harvin or else I think they re-sign him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Fade":37vevte3 said:
TwistedHusky":37vevte3 said:
I have always contended that losing Tate lost us the NE SB and probably one more trip to the SB (and likely win) against the Broncos again.

Not only that, but Tate was a very good blocker for the run game.

Worst loss for us that I can imagine. My favorite players were still Lynch, Kam, Earl, Sherman and Browner (I know he tried to kill someone but he was awesome on the field as an intimidator) - but the loss of Tate was the first domino in the toppling of the dynasty.

Next was Lynch. But without an OL to block for Lynch, it almost did not matter by that point.

Definitely! At the price he cost the Lions, 5 yrs @ $31M. When the Seahawks had no problem handing money out to bums like Cary Williams, Luke Joeckel, Eddy Lacey, etc.

Letting Tate walk made no sense from a football perspective. His cap number in yr 1 with Detroit was $3.1M. The Seahawks could've easily afforded it. The upcoming draft was loaded with receiving talent though, so they thought they could save money, and fill the position that way. They drafted Paul Richardson.

Lets just admit that Tate was let go because they HAD TO!!!!

Caught with his hand in the cookie jaw is not cool!!! :141847_bnono:

Tate has a real taste for sweets as we found out year 1 when he was busted hyjacking maple bars.