The secret to Pete Carroll’s success: His roster spans decades

Rainger

Reaction score
Good article about how NFL players feel about Pete. Kinda makes Chadiha's 2010 article saying "MEN" in the NFL would not play for Pete look silly and has not aged well.

Last edited:

sdog1981

Reaction score
It was a valid concern in 2010. Chip Kelly flamed out, Matt Rhule just flamed out. Jim Harbaugh liked college more than pro and went back.

Why is anyone bringing up opinion pieces for 2010? By week 12 of 2012, he was right, the team was 6-5 after losing to Miami on the road. New information has come to light that allows people to change their opinions.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It was a valid concern in 2010. Chip Kelly flamed out, Matt Rhule just flamed out. Jim Harbaugh liked college more than pro and went back.

Why is anyone bringing up opinion pieces for 2010? By week 12 of 2012, he was right, the team was 6-5 after losing to Miami on the road. New information has come to light that allows people to change their opinions.
Some people just can't let it go.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It is an article about Pete and his former players for info.

Some may not have seen it.
Is it wrong to be able to show a contrast? My God.

If I change the heading will that make you happy?

No it probably won't.
What are you talking about? YOU BROUGHT UP 2010, WE DID NOT BRING UP 2010 YOU DID. You even took the time to link a 12-year-old article. Did Chadia troll you on Twitter or something? It is really strange that you are giving him traffic to an article he wrote 12 years ago.

Just edit that part of your post and you won't look like some dunce that can't get over an article written 12 years ago.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
What are you talking about? YOU BROUGHT UP 2010, WE DID NOT BRING UP 2010 YOU DID. You even took the time to link a 12-year-old article. Did Chadia troll you on Twitter or something? It is really strange that you are giving him traffic to an article he wrote 12 years ago.

Just edit that part of your post and you won't look like some dunce that can't get over an article written 12 years ago.
Lol I got the article from another thread that someone else here posted.

Did you go off your nut in a childish rage at that other guy for posting it in the other thread?

If you have a problem with my post instead of coming in and yelling at me just Block me and you don't have to read my posts, but others might find the contrast interesting.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Lol I got the article from another thread that someone else here posted.

Did you go off your nut in a childish rage at that other guy for posting it in the other thread?

If you have a problem with my post instead of coming in and yelling at me just Block me and you don't have to read my posts, but others might find the contrast interesting.
I have no reason to block you, you have interesting stuff to say. It's just odd that you are gravitating to something that is so old that it has nothing to do with the current NFL.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I have no reason to block you, you have interesting stuff to say. It's just odd that you are gravitating to something that is so old that it has nothing to do with the current NFL.
Thank you. I was merely pointing out the article about Pete and his players.

I remembered the link posted a couple of days before by another person in another thread, by that ESPN writer and thought that the contrast would be interesting.

I mean isn't that what people are doing regularly on here about what people in the past thought about Geno, Pete, RW3, etc etc. and how it is today.

The contrast between what people once thought and what has happened is I think interesting so I wanted to share for others who may feel the same.

Anyways back to the subject. It is great to read about how many of the former players are helping and have a connection with Pete now that a former QB is not on the team. Listen to the clip from Irving in the article almost makes you want to cry.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It is an article about Pete and his former players for info.

Some may not have seen it.
Is it wrong to be able to show a contrast? My God.

If I change the heading will that make you happy?

No it probably won't.
Sure, that's what you're doing. Just showing contrast, that's all. Just an innocent, misunderstood victim. Gotcha.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If you don't have anything to say about the subject and the articles and only want to go after me please keep it to yourself and stop trying to derail threads. Thank you.
I'm just showing contrast. Stop posting the same thread. So and So "Expert" Didn't Predict Success X Time Ago Therefore Everyone Must Still Abide By What They Said Back Then Without Adjusting For What's Happened Since.

Nunya

Reaction score
Every time I heard PC talk he always seem genuinely happy for the players when they played well. He always talk about how proud he is of them or about their talents. Basically he sounds like a proud father when talking about he children. Sometimes I get the impression that winning or losing is not as important to him than his players doing well.

When listening to the players, it always seem like they have nothing but respect for PC and seem very beholden to him. There has also been very few years when the team does not act like they are all best friends and are very tight. Even Marshawn mentioned it in his interview with Sherm. Marshawn said something to the effect that all the outlets claiming there was dissention in the locker room after the fatal SB against NE were wrong and the team was still very tight afterwards.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
If you don't have anything to say about the subject and the articles and only want to go after me please keep it to yourself and stop trying to derail threads. Thank you.
OK...see, this is where the eyes start rolling again.

I think by the strictest of board rules the way I understand them...a response could look like:

"We see by many, many, many posts that some of our members have made it their mission to textually beat down every last person (member, pundit or otherwise) who had a negative opinion of Pete or prediction on the way this season may turn out. We understand...there is no longer a need to qualify why Pete & team should be admired and respected for what they have done this season. Many of those posters bring color to many topics...but these types of posts have turned detrimental to the original cause. All respect intended."

But who wants to post that way?

I love Pete...but my goodness, can he please find someone better to challenge plays? They are not good at that! They also kinda suck with time management sometimes.

Do I now need to duck for cover?

Nah...