They Changed the Recipe..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jhern87":2klx0rx1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2klx0rx1 said:
I don't see a recipe change, Pete and Bevell would LOVE to run the ball like the old days, but between this horrificly bad O-line and Lynch aging 10 years before our very eyes, there have been more 3rd and 16's than 3rd and 2's.

Graham wasn't brought in to change our offensive philosophy, he was brought in to correct our terrible Red Zone issues.

I was referring to their personnel makeup and salary allocation as their "recipe". Graham wasn't brought in to change anything but in doing so we moved to more of a pass offense vs run.

And I'm telling you the reason we're passing more is not Graham, it's because our run game and O-line is garbage.

Pete said in Graham's welcome to the team presser that nothing's changed, we're still a run first pound the rock team..........and he's stubbornly continued to do that, to the detriment of our offense IMO.

I WISH we'd change our offensive philosophy, cause this shizzle ain't working.

purpleneer

Reaction score
No "recipe" is going to work well for very long in the NFL, especially considering it's impossible to maintain even if you try. I keep hearing about that first 3 plays being a problem, being all passes and signalling a change of identity, etc. It is preposterous to me to consider a successful series of plays as a problem unless it's crazy luck that makes it work. I didn't like the deep shot, but the ball was moved toward the goal well enough to earn more plays with the ball. Newsflash: if you keep making the line to gain, you will score no matter how you move the ball.
The other phrase I heard mentioned as a problem is that Arizona dictated what the Hawks did. How is that a problem? If the opponent makes it easy to move the ball a certain way, does it not count if it's not the same way you want to? There are plenty of problems with the approach being taken by the Hawks offensively, but leaning more on the pass in general isn't really one of them.

HawkerD

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1bd6nhpf said:
If they had cut Unger, cap casualty or not, that would have been stupid.

And they would be to blame for the problems now.

Choosing to trade for a player you cannot use, because you were going to throw away an important piece to your success is not a mitigating factor.

The problem is the FO inability to assess important pieces to the team success and the relative value they provide vs the market cost for their continued service.

We are going on 3 years now with really bad FO trades and FA signings, to the point where moves by the FO almost have to be judged as a failure until they prove a success. The years we got Avril + Bennett are several years past and the other successes were before that.

I don't trust the ability of this FO to judge trades or FA signings at all.

I do trust their draft and UDFA assessment ability.

Well I don't trust their drafting ability either. SUre they hit the lottery there first 2 yeas but not a single standout from the last three drafts. Please note I used the word "standout". A few pretty decent serviceable players but that is it. Many people will say "if so and so didn't get hurt...." or "give him time...". Thats BS. In the NFL you need some players to come in and be difference makers from day one or you become a bottom feeder.

Frank Clark
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Tye Smith
Obum Gwacham
Kristjan Sokoli
Ryan Murphy

Paul Richardson
Justin Britt
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jimmy Staten
Garrett Scott
Eric Pinkins
Kiero Small

Christine Michael
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper
Jesse Williams
Tharold Simon
Luke Willson
Spencer Ware
Ryan Seymour
Ty Powell
Jared Smith
Michael Bowie

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jhern87":2k2hy3p0 said:
Yes, BUT you need a good QB to win. With a good defense you should be helping them by running the ball. Something we've sacrificed for bringing in Graham.

Not moving the ball very well with the RO, 'Run Game' while in the 'Red Zone' was something the Seahawks were doing LONG before JG was ever in Seattle, so they recognized the need to FIX the problem.
What the Seahawks needed, was a 'Red Zone' threat...So, they went out and got JG, and now?, (it should be dawning on Pete) that it's not JUST the inability to get him integrated into the System, it's poor OC planning that the money is being wasted on.
It's also a fact that last Season, subbed in players were doing just as good a job at getting the job done and sometimes even BETTER, than when Unger was in the games, so the trading him away IS/WAS NOT the problem with the deficiencies in the Red Zone.
Letting Giacomini (sp.) leave was a whole another (FOOLISH) matter.
Even the Game Announcers were aware of Bevell's inept play calls, eh Pete?