Think any of these CB's have the ability to step up?

Smoke

Reaction score
I was on the Jean Baptiste train during the draft 2 years ago, once we picked him up I was gitty as a school child. I feel like that was a cunning move on JS's part. He's nasty.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't NEED to draft a CB, we have guys that have been groomed without being forced, Simon while having been injured played willingly with those injuries, HEALTHY he could be the physical force we need on the other side, we need depth at the slot and both CB's though and the best of the rest I think will fill that. O line and DT as well as maybe a OLB that can also pass rush off the edge I think are the major acquisitions we need to focus on, if something ala Shaun Alexander type player drops in our lap you don't ignore them.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be in competition for the remaining starting spot, and George Farmer will surprise everyone in camp this Summer.

[youtube]h1KYMaPnWpk[/youtube]

"I can play anywhere on the field" - with 4.35 40 time, and tons of athleticism, he still has a very high ceiling

Rob12

Reaction score
Really, really intrigued with these five:

Seisay
Simon
Jean Baptiste
Tye Smith
Jordan Farmer

Jean Baptiste might be the best of all. In a system like this, maybe the kid can really turn into something with this coaching staff. With Simon, the talent is there, but he has to stay healthy. He's kind of a Paul Richardson to me at this point - I'm not counting on him, but believe that he can be a huge contributor if he can stay on the field.

The coaches love Tye Smith. He was essentially redshirted, but spent the entire season on the 53. That says something to me.

Unsure on Seisay, and Farmer. Love the size of both.

I think in that group, there's two future contributors to the LOB. And I have no idea who will separate themselves at this point.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":347lctwx said:
Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be in competition for the remaining starting spot, and George Farmer will surprise everyone in camp this Summer.

"I can play anywhere on the field" - with 4.35 40 time, and tons of athleticism, he still has a very high ceiling

Yeah, I'm getting some good vibes about Farmer after Pete mentioned him as somebody to watch. He could have chosen at least 4 other names, but Farmer was the one he chose to mention.

Fade

Reaction score
King Dog":2i2e5tfb said:
Looking exclusively at our roster - think any of these guys have the ability to step up and be a productive starting NFL corner next season?

Seisay
Simon
Jean Baptiste
Tye Smith
Jordan Farmer
Trovon Reed
Douglas McNeil
Ranking them right now

1) Jordan Farmer - Elite athlete. The last unknown player on the roster Pete hyped was Rawls. So...

2) Tye Smith - Looks like a Walter Thurmond type on the field. JS seemed the most hyped about this late round prospect of the ones he selected in last year's draft. He restrained himself from saying which HOF corner he reminded him of in his post draft day 3 presser.

3) Stanley Jean-Baptiste - Physically, the ideal Seahawks Corner. He was drafted by the wrong team, and was put in a position to fail. Very intriguing player. 6-3, 218 ran a 4.33 combine 40. 41.5'' vert. Has receiver level ball skills.

4) Deshawn Shead - Jack of all trades master of none, but that being said is a quintessential backup player due to that versatility. ERFA which will cost 1 yr 600k.

5) Marcus Burley - Very athletic nickel corner, and has flashed at times. He will come cheap as he is an ERFA which will cost 1 yr 600k.

6) Tharold Simon - Cannot stay healthy, and only has 1 year left. He has to stay healthy, and play well this pre-season to make the team.

7) Douglas McNeil - Looked really good for a WR playing corner for the 1st time during last pre-season. He is up against it though with his age, and lack of experience playing corner.

:cool: Mohammed Seisay - did not look good in last year's pre-season, then got hurt. He will get a 2nd chance because Seattle traded a 6th round pick for him.

9) Trovon Reed - Appears to be training camp fodder, has some kick return ability, but athletically inferior to the players in front of him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":11bu53m3 said:
Spleenhawk2.0":11bu53m3 said:

Yeah, I'm getting some good vibes about Farmer after Pete mentioned him as somebody to watch. He could have chosen at least 4 other names, but Farmer was the one he chose to mention.
:th2thumbs: