Think Revis and Sherm could patch things up? (total fantasy)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1d9dnebx said:
Looks like TB is gonna release Darrelle Revis, barring a trade.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10585 ... -trade-him

I know, I know... Not possible.. But imagine how well he'd fit in with the LOB!! Not one, but TWO shutdown corners!

As long as Sherm isn't yelling across the field during practice... "You Suck Revis!. I'm the best in the league!" :p

But to feed my fantasy...

How much money is Revis gonna command anyways?
Never happen besides Maxwell is pretty decent. Also he doesn't fit our system and he refuses to restructure, if he did Cleveland would have traded for today. And that defense they're building isn't chopped liver.

Hawks46

Reaction score
rightbench":1qei9kk8 said:
Revis would be the next guy cut after a couple weeks because he wouldn't buy in. he's too much about himself (see White, Lendale)

This. Revis has always been about Revis' contract and not the team.

randomation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":332rm1zx said:
BlueThunder":332rm1zx said:
I guess I should have capitalized the part in parenthesis in the title of this thread...

(TOTAL FANTASY)

I knew there was .09% chance of it ever happening. I just thought it would be awesome if there was some way it could happen, and Tampa is letting him go in a cost-cutting move. He had a great year. And if he could join our Defense? Surrounded by our glut of talent to where he didn't have to carry most of the load? OMG! He'd be on a whole 'nother level! That's why a lot of our guys are as good as they are... The surrounding talent.

Not even .09%

We have a better chance trading the 32nd overall pick for Calvin Johnson than Darrelle Revis does at becoming a Seahawk.

Wait that's an option why the hell aren't we doing that to heck with trading up for Evans lets just get Megatron for the 32nd :p

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Sherman would end the season with 30 interceptions. It would take a cruise boat full of cash to resign him.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
TJH":3k4q4loa said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3k4q4loa said:
Revis isn't a fit for our system.

He is the prototype of what fits our system. I have no idea what you're talking about. He is far better in press than you think.

I stated that he could obviously perform in our system but he is certainly not the prototype for all the reason I have stated in above posts.

Besides, not sure how you can look at Sherman (who is our prototype) and then look at Revis and say he is also our prototype. He is our prototype nickel back (WTIII) who doesn't have the sideline to help him press and needs to be able to play tight man. Sherman can just take inside shoulder of the WR, press him outside and dare quarterback to play fade routes over his 6'3" frame. Sound familiar?

One of the other important points to think about as to why Revis is not our prototype is, like most positions on our defense, because he is just too rare a talent to find except for in the first round consistently. We intentionally have created a defense where 5th rounders can develop into studs. Reason is because we take an unconventional approach to every position.

So to break down:

Revis is the prototypical conventional corner.

Sherman is the prototypical Seahawks corner.

That is about as simple as I can put it.