This just messy with Dunbar.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Dunbar trade is just about as moronic as the McDowell draft.

Only difference is Dunbar trade, Hawks didn't give up much, so it was worth the gamble.

The loss of him playing is about the same level as wasting a first round pick with McDowell.

Largent80

Reaction score
At this point, I would say to not include Dunbar as being part of the team. For the life of me I can't figure out how these guys that work so hard to get to the pro level, just decide to do their stupid shit.

He should hire Dershowitz, Rudy, and Sekulow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It doesn't even matter what happens to Dunbar legally, he's not playing for the Hawks.

Reed got six games and was never even charge or convicted. Dunbar's in such a mess it doesn't even matter if he get's prosecuted or not, the league's going to hammer him with a huge suspension.

Maybe they can keep pushing out the decision and trial into the 2020 season so he plays a little. But doubtful. Seems like the Florida District Attorney has more than enough evidence to proceed with an arrest.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h069swn said:
It doesn't even matter what happens to Dunbar legally, he's not playing for the Hawks.

Reed got six games and was never even charge or convicted. Dunbar's in such a mess it doesn't even matter if he get's prosecuted or not, the league's going to hammer him with a huge suspension.

Maybe they can keep pushing out the decision and trial into the 2020 season so he plays a little. But doubtful. Seems like the Florida District Attorney has more than enough evidence to proceed with an arrest.
Got a feeling you are spot on about this.

Atradees

Reaction score
Clayton thinks with the current state of pandemic in florida he might not get to court for a year or more. The leages decision on Reed took a long while. We might see him all year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who knows at this point? I'm just waiting for people to blame Pete and John. Because they somehow should predict when someone is gonna' be a knucklehead.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Largent80":4kqpw60e said:
At this point, I would say to not include Dunbar as being part of the team. For the life of me I can't figure out how these guys that work so hard to get to the pro level, just decide to do their stupid $h!t.

He should hire Dershowitz, Rudy, and Sekulow.

That was his initial play. Seems he has now recovered some good sense and hired at least legit representation. Maybe now we'll start to see more about how this thing will eventually shake out. But I still think it's hard to see him skate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z65s2qu said:
Sgt. Largent":1z65s2qu said:

Got a feeling you are spot on about this.

I guess the good news for the Hawks is the case could drag on and be delayed with motions for a year or two.

Dunbar's already been granted bail and travel privileges to come to camp, so that's a good sign. At the least he'll probably play this year so we at least see if he's worth hanging onto through his legal proceedings.

So if you're the league, you'd probably wait until the trial is over until rendering your own suspension. This case is a mess, so it's going to take the league a long time to sift through all the evidence.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"This case is a mess, so it's going to take the league a long time to sift through all the evidence."
Right you are. And if the league renders a verdict before legal proceedings have taken their course to conclusion the league is wrong.