This play was so awesome vs the Vikes

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Good play by Wilson on the scramble drill but I guess I don't see anything amazing about it other than the quick recovery and presence of mind to look downfield. It wasn't a long pass or thrown into a tight window, more of a blown play by a usually sound Vikings defense.

#24 Munnerlyn blew his contain on the blitz and let Wilson get outside of him ... that I can forgive and give Wilson kudos as he makes a lot of defenders look foolish in space, but what's more overlooked - #21 Josh Robinson completely blew his coverage. At that point in the game starting CB T. Newman was hurt and Robinson - our #5 CB had to play. Robinson was in man coverage and inexplicably decides to let Lockett run right by him.

Nice play by Wilson, but Lockett is left alone wide, wide open in middle of field because our worst CB blew his coverage. Robinson was not re-signed and is now in Tampa and we Vikes fans couldn't be happier.

Whole lot of luck for the Hawks that game .... still stings for us Vikes fans haha. Hope for a rematch in playoffs in 2017.

253hawk

Reaction score
So tired of the 'luck' narrative. Having 7 defenders chase after a QB 10-15 yards behind the LOS isn't luck, it's piss-poor execution by the defense and Wilson made them pay. So is botching a hold and shanking a kick. Piss. Poor. Execution. Taking advantage of miscues is not luck, it's working opportunity to your advantage under chaotic parameters.

The only thing that was luck in that game was Rudolph running straight into Chancellor on purpose and drawing a ridiculous DPI to extend the drive.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Okay.
Find a good extended highlight of the play and, you will notice that he actually secured his mouthpiece with his left hand while running to secure the ball on the slide.
It makes the ensuing events even more astonishing.
No panic, just cool calculation at every level....astonishing.

Also this was a designed running play with audible to Baldwin on a screen as an option. Lockett had a blocking assignment but made an amazing heads up play.

No luck was involved at all. A close inspection of the play reveals intelligence.