This sums up how popular the Seahawks are becoming...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I live in Sheffield, the fifth biggest city in England. Not a hot bed for American football. Certainly not a place you'll find any American's.

Today I went to the Shopping mall (in a Seahawks T-shirt). I bumped into another guy wearing a Hawks tee. And when making a purchase later on, a shop assistant came up to me and said, "Great win last night" and did a little fist-clench celebration.

A bandwagon is developing here.

I'm comfortable with that. Winning = new fans.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I woke up 3:30 AM to watch the game and I have been brisk all day! Have to wear some Hawks gear tomorrow, but I will be surprised if anyone in Helsinki says anything :D I have yet to meet another 12 in these latitudes..

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I've come this close to converting a lifelong Jets fan to jump ship. Hes always talking about how he admires the hawks play style, how much of a beast Lynch is, how he's jealous of our stadium and fans... And how much he hates the Jets right now...So I finally told him to just come out of the closet and go fullblown 12th man.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's pretty cool English.

The fans seem to like American Football during the annual game in London.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There are a LOT more Seahawks fans in the UK these days.

I definitely wasn't the only one watching from 1:30-6am this morning.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I'm on the east coast, and it is getting a little frustrating being called a bandwagon fan just because the hawks are doing good right now. They think anyone that lives here that would wear hawks gear must be a bandwagoner...

I grew up in Bellingham area, and I've been a hawks/mariners fan since I was a kid, bandwagon my ass. (I will confess it was heavy handed towards the mariners at that time, but hell)

Storts

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1g4nxfyi said:
There are a LOT more Seahawks fans in the UK these days.

You certainly weren't.

I'm shattered now though with work after an hour and a halfs sleep

Reaction score
Great post English. I'm fascinated by American football's rising popularity in the UK.

But one thing even more interesting is your devotion to it, which is awesome, but how do you get to see so MUCH NFL and college football over there? Does the UK offer some sort of satellite package we have here for NCAA and NFL football...maybe w/DVR so you can watch all those different games? Or do you accomplish your viewing mostly online?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I got a call after the game from my co-worker who was watching the game and she told me her daughter said "Mom I want a Seahawks jersey for Christmas!" during the game. The whole family is hardcore Vikings fans.

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3orgnua4 said:

Likewise. Didn't go back to bed, save for a brief hug for the wife. Then a shower and left the flat for work at 6:30. I felt fresh as a Doug Baldwin file.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1i7ucrc8 said:
I'm on the east coast, and it is getting a little frustrating being called a bandwagon fan just because the hawks are doing good right now. They think anyone that lives here that would wear hawks gear must be a bandwagoner...

I grew up in Bellingham area, and I've been a hawks/mariners fan since I was a kid, bandwagon my ass. (I will confess it was heavy handed towards the mariners at that time, but hell)

I can relate. I grew up in Mill Creek. When I first joined this board, I was being called a bandwagon fan since I'm now out in (mostly) 49er territory here in Hawaii. Though in truth, this whole state is pretty much a bunch of band-wagoners among the local population since they don't have proximity to any NFL team...

Oh well, it is what it is. It's definitely quite an atmosphere watching games in Giovanni Pastrami's in Waikiki. Pretty much every game, and fans of every team there. I'll have to keep an eye on the Seahawks section as the season progresses, and see how much it grows.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kf379ve said:
NJSeaHawk":3kf379ve said:
Chelsea FC + Seahawks= win.

dont

do

it

again

ever

Blue is the color.
And Chelsea is the name.

KTBFFH

Yeah. A few teams wear blue, but theres only team thats known as "The Blues". CHELSEA FC :thirishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Everton wears blue too dont they?

(and enough soccer talk, go to the sports thread)

I wonder what NFl team has the largest international draw? I'd bet the Hawks are in the top 5

djb28

Reaction score
You just saw more Hawks fans in one day, in one area on the other side of the world than I have in 30 years in my area.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Cool post. Living here in Redskins country I am always asked to explain why the hell I am a Seahawks fan. Now it will switch to oh you jumped on the bandwagon because they are so awesome. I am not sure which annoy me more. I did actually jump on the bandwagon in 2005. Anyway, it's an awesome team to follow. Wow, RW is looking better than RGIII so far this season. I'll be wearing my hat and sweatshirt more than ever!

MrCarey

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":2tj1rkae said:
CaptainSkybeard":2tj1rkae said:

I can relate. I grew up in Mill Creek. When I first joined this board, I was being called a bandwagon fan since I'm now out in (mostly) 49er territory here in Hawaii. Though in truth, this whole state is pretty much a bunch of band-wagoners among the local population since they don't have proximity to any NFL team...

Oh well, it is what it is. It's definitely quite an atmosphere watching games in Giovanni Pastrami's in Waikiki. Pretty much every game, and fans of every team there. I'll have to keep an eye on the Seahawks section as the season progresses, and see how much it grows.

While it sucks, we say the same thing about Cowboys/Steelers/Niners/Patriots fans that are all from different parts of the world that isn't their actual team's state. Gonna have to get used to it since the team is good now. The people who have seen you wearing the colors for years will know that you're a true fan, but new people that you meet will always have that feeling in the beginning.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":h6doqw0t said:
Great post English. I'm fascinated by American football's rising popularity in the UK.

But one thing even more interesting is your devotion to it, which is awesome, but how do you get to see so MUCH NFL and college football over there? Does the UK offer some sort of satellite package we have here for NCAA and NFL football...maybe w/DVR so you can watch all those different games? Or do you accomplish your viewing mostly online?
I have a great online source showing all games in HD, love Redzone on a sunday. I normally pick up a college game as well each week.
We get the primetime games each week on Sky & Channel 4.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1rj2x1af said:

Can you stencil the year that you became a fan on the jersey? That might help. Wearing old school gear would probably help too but the new uniforms were so badass. Just ask Tony McDaniel!