This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Houston Texans

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well the 45-17 Jags game turned out about the way I thought it would... except for the 17 points part. But we're 3-0! What more could we ask for? And I am LOVING the meltdown in San Fran! What a perfect capper to the day! Now we get what I figure to be the biggest test so far this season: A 10 am road start against a damn good Texans team. We win this one and WOW! Look out NFL!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" Board

http://boards.houstontexans.com/

Texans Talk

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/

Football's Future forum.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=18

Kind of slim pickin's this week, but the first two are pretty good.

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
OP of Seahawks vs Texans wrote this:

On Sunday, September 29th, at noon at Reliant Stadium, the Texans take on the Seattle Seahawks.
The first game the Texans take on a real contender.
The Seahawks are led by a very talented second year quarterback.
Wilson is someone to watch.
The press defense they run is very similar to the Texans.
This is a great team and considered elite.
This game will come down to great defense.
The Texans defense must be allot better then they have been.
I'd like to drink the cool aid and say we win this, but I can't.
Texans 28
Seahawks 34

Sorry guys!

---
Giving us the win even though they don't know our Oline is in shambles atm, that being said if I had to pick a score I'd say

Seahawks 24
Texans 17

Imagine if Russell Wilson was a pocket passer. :179419:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I said in the OP "a damn good Texans team". Am I mistaken? I thought they were supposed to be pretty good... They are 2-1, but they did get beat up by the Ravens today, but they were on the road. Guess I'd have to see the games to see why they have no confidence.

Cartire

Reaction score
They really havent been good at all this year guys. I think everyone just assumes having JJ Watt makes you amazing. Hes 1 of 22. Even in their wins, they have looked mediocre at best against below average teams.

It will be difficult for us because of the Road and the time, but this isnt as hard as people predict.

Seafan

Reaction score
Texans are the class football program of the entire state. Best team, coaches, fans. I've watched them closely for several years. They have a very good front seven and some good DBs as well. JJ Watt and Brian Cushing are monsters. It will be a game like Carolina. A low scoring defensive battle that hopefully Seattle can pound out a victory. I know our team will be up for this game. It must have been a little difficult to psych themselves up for the Jags. Looking forward to this one.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Cartire":2yq3c4bb said:
They really havent been good at all this year guys. I think everyone just assumes having JJ Watt makes you amazing. Hes 1 of 22. Even in their wins, they have looked mediocre at best against below average teams.

It will be difficult for us because of the Road and the time, but this isnt as hard as people predict.
Agreed. Going into the season I think I had this pinned as a loss, but definitely not anymore. They shouldn't scare anybody.

Shaz

Reaction score
It's going to be a very tough test, any game on the road is but you're facing (When they're on all Cylinders) one of the AFC's best teams

24-13 Hawks

Defensive battle all the way through

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3sicdv8l said:
Yeah, I said in the OP "a damn good Texans team". Am I mistaken? I thought they were supposed to be pretty good... They are 2-1, but they did get beat up by the Ravens today, but they were on the road. Guess I'd have to see the games to see why they have no confidence.
It was ugly. Typical Texans loss...score quickly and get up by 10+. Then crush Schuab. My only question is...can we do the quick start on the road?

21-17 Hawks. (Before this week I was thinking 27-17 Texans).

Sac

Reaction score
It's going to be a tight one.

Play action, rollouts and 3 step drops for Wilson while hoping Watt doesn't bat down his passes. A lot of running the football and a hopefully stingy defense and we can win. If we try and get cute with 5-7 step drops and long developing routes with Watt going up against McQ, well then, we'll see RW get hit and maybe turn the ball over.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Texans fans I've met are probably the most easy going, realistic, and classy fans in football. They're like the anti-Cowboys. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are giving the Hawks due praise.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1c50b2cm said:

The Texans CAN be a good team. I think they've got most of the pieces. But they seem very much like the '03 to '07 Hawks minus the SB year. By which, I mean they have some very good players, but they have a few glaring holes and lack that certain something - whether it's killer instinct or dynamic QB play or whatever - that's going to prevent them from making it very far.

They've won two playoff games in their history, both at home, and both against a Cincy Bengals team that is also lacking dynamic QB play. And whenever they have to face a solid opponent - especially on the road - they come up small.

Now, that's not to say that Seattle should have an easy time against the Texans in Houston. They've got some beastly defenders who can take advantage of our struggling O-line. But I will say that walking out of there with a win is well within the realms of possibility, especially if the passing game can be locked in like it was at the end of the 1st half yesterday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This week feels like a trap game, not last week. Playing an "early game" against a beat up, under-performing team in their house that even their fans don't expect to win. This will be a huge test for the Hawks to see if they've truly taken that next step into being an elite team that can beat anyone, anywhere.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":qh428x75 said:
This week feels like a trap game, not last week. Playing an "early game" against a beat up, under-performing team in their house that even their fans don't expect to win. This will be a huge test for the Hawks to see if they've truly taken that next step into being an elite team that can beat anyone, anywhere.

Yep, I agree. More worried about this game, than I was about 9ers just simply because of the situation.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I admit to feeling a lot more comfortable with this game than I did last week. Still, it'll be a hell of a challenge on the road. Time to learn if the guys are really listening to Pete and find out just how consistant we are.

Cartire

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":247pkul3 said:

I dont think you can call this a trap game. A trap game consist of overlooking an opponent. I highly doubt they overlook the texans and start focusing on the colts.

I wont be shocked if we lost, cause you know, road, 10am, any-given-sunday. But I also wont be shocked if we won either.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cartire":97skoj6r said:
AbsolutNET":97skoj6r said:

I dont think you can call this a trap game. A trap game consist of overlooking an opponent. I highly doubt they overlook the texans and start focusing on the colts.

I wont be shocked if we lost, cause you know, road, 10am, any-given-sunday. But I also wont be shocked if we won either.

I don't think the players are overlooking them, I just mean "trap" in the sense that we are a more talented team and are favored, but if we want to prove that we have taken the step to the next level, we need to win it. Its typically a game the Hawks lose, so if they can pull it out, it will say a lot about them.

Cartire

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1zxmx5lg said:
Cartire":1zxmx5lg said:
AbsolutNET":1zxmx5lg said:

I don't think the players are overlooking them, I just mean "trap" in the sense that we are a more talented team and are favored, but if we want to prove that we have taken the step to the next level, we need to win it. Its typically a game the Hawks lose, so if they can pull it out, it will say a lot about them.

Tru that, but if we have to split the next two road games, I would much rather lose next week and beat Indy in 2 weeks. Its a Wilson vs Luck game, and Luck winning would just make for horrible commentary the week after.