This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Minnesota Vikings

Polaris

Reaction score
Smellyman":763qwgd4 said:
Surprising number of fans predicting a Hawk win in the prediction thread. Don't see that very often in fan forums.

I'm not. First of all the Viking fans in some ways seem to be much like our own fanbase in its somewhat passive-aggressive relationship with their team. Secondly and more importantly, the Viking schedule has been absolute cake this year and even then they've lost games that on paper they should have won (such as against San Fran in week one). The Viking have faced precisely one team that was any good at all (Green Bay) and got their doors blown off.....and the Viking fans are well aware of this.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2llz7rf8 said:
Polaris":2llz7rf8 said:
MontanaHawk05":2llz7rf8 said:
Polaris":2llz7rf8 said:
Truth be told I felt much better about the potential matchup against Minny than I ever did against the Steelers.

I actually feel the reverse. Bridgewater strikes me as that maddening, careful QB who does just enough dink-and-dunking to win against our defense. Guys like Austin Davis and Nick Foles have beaten us because they have the patience that guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning don't always have.

I'm expecting a low-scoring game that comes down, as any Seahawks game does, to the fourth quarter.

Well the reason I felt as I did (and do) is that this year, our defense has been vulnerable to the medium-long to long ball when thrown precisely. That takes a good veteran QB. Big Ben is such a QB (so is Carson Palmer). Bridgewater is not.
Bridgewater can make those intermediate timing throws. He also throws accurately on the run and makes plays similar to Wilson. He just isnt as consistent and doesnt have the deep ball accuracy of Big Ben or Wilson although his receivers can get open deep. Main reason his production is so low is because they aspire to be the Seahawks offense albeit with AD as option 1.

Norv's playcalling works well with Bridgewater's skillset so far. He also includes AD and Asiata as receiving threats. Dont be surprised how often they use their versatile tight ends: Rudolph and Ellison. Its been our weakness to defend good TE at times.

On defense the Vikings have a young underrated group. Linval Joseph can be one of the nastiest nose tackles in the league. Linebacker Anthony Barr is a fast powerful rangy athlete at 6'6" 260 lbs who not only rushes the qb but deflects passes at the LOS. Last game he twice ran down Atlantas Coleman and was step for step with Coleman 20 yds downfield to deflect a sure td pass. Pairing him with Griffen who already is a solid DE is a nightmare. Kendricks and Greenway with Barr makes their linebacking group quick to the ball and sure tacklers but the Vikings defense have had lapses defending runs up the middle at times. Their defense ranks 29 against the run. However their secondary is underrated with Waynes, Rhodes, Newman and Sendejo contributing to the 4th best passing defense.

Very nice post for a seahawks fan ;)
Waynes hasn't played much this year except when newman had been hurt and on special teams (which he leads the team in tackles) you forgot harrison smith at safety, he is one of the best safety in the league.
I predicting a close game coming down to the 4th quarter.
Vikings win 24 -17 Peterson dominates the 4th quarter (averaging 8.1 per carry in 4th)
I will also be sitting 45 yard line 2nd row behind my vikings bench.
If anyone is going to the game we are tailgating in the state fair grounds parking lot, it is 20$ per car with free shuttles to and from the stadium.
Also we have 30 pounds of ribs and 30 pounds of smoked chicken drummies :) anyone is welcome!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SkolVikes":168phepc said:
Very nice post for a seahawks fan ;)
Waynes hasn't played much this year except when newman had been hurt and on special teams (which he leads the team in tackles) you forgot harrison smith at safety, he is one of the best safety in the league.
I predicting a close game coming down to the 4th quarter.
Vikings win 24 -17 Peterson dominates the 4th quarter (averaging 8.1 per carry in 4th)
I will also be sitting 45 yard line 2nd row behind my vikings bench.
If anyone is going to the game we are tailgating in the state fair grounds parking lot, it is 20$ per car with free shuttles to and from the stadium.
Also we have 30 pounds of ribs and 30 pounds of smoked chicken drummies :) anyone is welcome!

Welcome to the forum. :2:

I hope the game is well fought with no injuries. I hope the people going to the game have a wonderful time. Go Hawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its not enemy forum stuff... but living here I have been extra glued to Sports talk radio. They are very excited about this game. They see Seattle as potential for their first big win, but understands the challenge. Most are picking a Vikings win, but a close one, and are worried Seattle will put the ball in Teddy's hands.

Lots of respect for the Seahawks. They willfully acknowledge the team is not what it was the last 3 years, but also that they are what the Vikings want to be.

Been a fun week. Hoping for a better one next week

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
That, my friend is freaking Funny as all heck. I LOVE IT. You are Bulletin board material. LMAO :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well at least we are on top :)

Now if Rock can sue for copy write infringement and using our content to increase hits were all good :)

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
chris98251":15s9jfhq said:
Well at least we are on top :)

Now if Rock can sue for copy write infringement and using our content to increase hits were all good :)

Well, they'd probably have to pay me for that to stick... Hey! I've got an Idea!....

Naw, just kidding... lmao! I wouldn't even accept if offered. I get more enjoyment just being a fan of our 'hawks and my fellow fans... And .NET! It would be like accepting money for helping someone unable to change a tire. Accepting money would ruin the good feeling, ya know? I've been doing this for 15 years to share with fellow hawks fans that are as interested as I am to see what other fans are saying about us. I just found it interesting and thought others would be as well.

GO HAWKS!!!

Zorn76

Reaction score
Always enjoy opposing fans and their "no fear" mentality when talking about the upcoming opponent.

Should be a good game.

Seahawks are fine when they get into rhythm early offensively. The OL (which still will need a major over haul next offseason) plays with a bit more pep in the step when we generate 1st downs and put up points in the opening quarter.

They are a group that's confident after the fact. If it's a bunch of 3 and outs to open the game, then they start to doubt themselves, and remain in that funk for an entire half it seems.

Keep 3rd downs to manageable distance offensively and quit coughing up 3rd and longs defensively. The latter is what drove me nuts about the Steeler game last week. Getting a win tomorrow would really give our playoff chances a boost. We are finally above .500, and putting off that 6th loss for as long as possible is gonna be key. The Falcons may continue to help, but we have to do our part to stay in the race.

Go Hawks!!!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3aufxg64 said:
Viking fans will need counseling after this....

Not as much as Green Bay fans did after the NFCCG... Even I felt sorry for 'em... Same with the 49ers after Sherm's swat the year before... Man, we sure put on a good show in the NFCCG! They should just book us every year. TV ratings and stuff ya know? Hope we get to see it again this year!