This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New York Giants

BlueThunder

Reaction score

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Onetime Kaepernick backup Colt McCoy is expected to start given Jones' injury.

TyreeHelmetCatch

Reaction score
Giants fan here. I'm looking forward to the game although under no expectation that the Giants can win this without Jones. Here are a few things I'm looking to see and players you can watch out for.

1. James Bradberry vs Metcalf - Bradberry has been the best player on the Giants all year. He's not the most important but is playing at an all pro level and no receiver has been able to do anything against him. He also hasn't gone up against anyone of Metcalf's level so it's a good test. You might say Metcalf demolished Slay (you love to see it) but Bradberry is at a different level.

2. Yiadam vs. Lockett - He's been our weak link in the secondary and the one teams target. He had his best game last week, hope it continues.

3. Giants O-line - This has been the worst unit on the team for years but seems to be rounding the corner. Thomas got off to a standard rookie start with ups and downs but has been playing well. Nick Gates, an UDFA last year, moved to center and is pancaking people left and right. If the Giants are going to have any shot, the line has to lead the way for the running game.

4. Leonard Williams - The GM got a lot of heat for trading for LW last year but he's been a game breaker all year and is heading towards a monster contract. Can he get home against Wilson?

5. Evan Engram - Perhaps the most frustrating player I've rooted for in years. He's our only game breaker on offense with Barkley out, he creates mismatches with his speed and size but routinely drops balls or has a brutal turnover. I doubt they Giants will air it out with Mccoy so if they're going to get some big plays, it will probably have to be Engram in space.

Ultimately I think the Giants are undermanned without their QB and while the defense has been good, Seattle will score points and the Giants simply won't be able to match them. The defense has been playing well and they'll need to step up to give the Giants a chance.

The team has been scrappy with the new coach, even the losses early in the year were all close, so I don't expect a blow out.

Hope all is well up in the PNW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TyreeHelmetCatch":2p7tqqi3 said:
1. James Bradberry vs Metcalf - Bradberry has been the best player on the Giants all year. He's not the most important but is playing at an all pro level and no receiver has been able to do anything against him. He also hasn't gone up against anyone of Metcalf's level so it's a good test. You might say Metcalf demolished Slay (you love to see it) but Bradberry is at a different level.
Welcome! Nice breakdown.

Will Bradberry shadow DK pretty much the whole game? If so, what's your prediction for Metcalf's stats against him?

chris98251

Reaction score
We will see , one week it seems to be Lockett getting 10 or so catches and the next seek DK.

I really think they play match up ball a lot and if One of them is winning Russ just keeps going there.

TyreeHelmetCatch

Reaction score
Will Bradberry shadow DK pretty much the whole game? If so, what's your prediction for Metcalf's stats against him?

For the most part, yes. They'll change up looks and definitely play a fair amount of zone, but Bradberry has generally followed the top receiver.

For example, he did this in the Dallas game (before Dak was hurt) and limited Amari Cooper to 2 and 23. CeeDee Lamb went off though and abused Yiakom for 8 and 124.

Stats? Hard to say, it's the best challenge he's had all year. I think 6 for 60 is about what I'd predict but Metcalf is so dangerous, all it takes is one explosive play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TyreeHelmetCatch":1mk5m30b said:
Giants fan here. I'm looking forward to the game although under no expectation that the Giants can win this without Jones. Here are a few things I'm looking to see and players you can watch out for.

2. Yiadam vs. Lockett - He's been our weak link in the secondary and the one teams target. He had his best game last week, hope it continues.

3. Giants O-line - This has been the worst unit on the team for years but seems to be rounding the corner. Thomas got off to a standard rookie start with ups and downs but has been playing well. Nick Gates, an UDFA last year, moved to center and is pancaking people left and right. If the Giants are going to have any shot, the line has to lead the way for the running game.

4. Leonard Williams - The GM got a lot of heat for trading for LW last year but he's been a game breaker all year and is heading towards a monster contract. Can he get home against Wilson?

5. Evan Engram - Perhaps the most frustrating player I've rooted for in years. He's our only game breaker on offense with Barkley out, he creates mismatches with his speed and size but routinely drops balls or has a brutal turnover. I doubt they Giants will air it out with Mccoy so if they're going to get some big plays, it will probably have to be Engram in space.

Ultimately I think the Giants are undermanned without their QB and while the defense has been good, Seattle will score points and the Giants simply won't be able to match them. The defense has been playing well and they'll need to step up to give the Giants a chance.

The team has been scrappy with the new coach, even the losses early in the year were all close, so I don't expect a blow out.

Hope all is well up in the PNW.
Thanks for the breakdown of your team, and welcome! :irishdrinkers: