This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Pittsburgh Steelers

irocdave

Reaction score
Wow, WIKI has several paragraphs regarding the officiating. I don't see this with other SB's.

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[21] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[22]

Take your BS back to the trailer park you live in. It aint flying here bud. No sympathy for Stealer fans, your all the same. Enjoy the asterisk, Hawks should have had there first win 10 years sooner.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
irocdave":1ywxqjw8 said:
Wow, WIKI has several paragraphs regarding the officiating. I don't see this with other SB's.

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[21] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[22]

Take your BS back to the trailer park you live in. It aint flying here bud. No sympathy for Stealer fans, your all the same. Enjoy the asterisk, Hawks should have had there first win 10 years sooner.

There were also articles written about the game, many of them as I remember, on the officiating alone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A national ESPN poll taken right after the abortion that was XL*

XLmappoll.jpg

Seattle doesn't have that many fans spread out in 48 out out of the 50 states in this country.
If that were a political election map, that's a landslide!

retro74

Reaction score
Even the official Super Bowl record book I have calls it the most controversial SB of all time and says its was decided by erroneous calls rather than anything either team did

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I love how on the Steelers Forums they are bitching about the Refs. Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha.
The first half was definitely slanted for them but things were better called (shitty calls on both sides) in the second half.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":16rrb9d5 said:
I love how on the Steelers Forums they are bitching about the Refs. Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha.
The first half was definitely slanted for them but things were better called (shitty calls on both sides) in the second half.
Yep the hypocrisy runs deep with that fanbase.

irocdave

Reaction score
Most of you guys weren't around on line back in 2005. The Stealers have some of the dumbest, hypocritical, illogical, ignorant fans in the NFL. Seriously, I wish I could go back and dig up some of the crap that cesspool of a fan base posted on Hawk websites as well as their own. Look at the guy they hold up as a hero, maybe he "didn't" rape those chicks, but name another QB who has put themselves in the same positions as Big Dumbass. Not to mention the Harley and trying to superman through the windshield of a Cadillac. Wasn't there alcohol involved with that? Jonny football doesn't have shit on Big Ben. Yea, great, he is now married and has a couple of kids. Back in the day (only 10 years ago) he was a douchebag screwing anything that moved, even in toilet stalls in restaurants / bars. THAT is the guy the Stealer fan base stood behind and anointed the greatest ever back in 2005. Those words were used by Stealer fans back then. This game wasn't called perfect, but the calls evened out. I still find it amazing that two of the best rushers in the NFL didn't get a single holding call. That Stealer line must be the best to ever step foot on an NFL field. Saw Avril being tackled several times from behind.

AB84, I hope you and your family had a good time and made it home safely. I would really like to hear your take on the stadium, fans, noise and general experience. But I know we wont. If you do post it will be in reference to bad calls, which will be a huge mistake.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
AB84":m9vsbdf5 said:
maybe one day we will have a Superbowl XL rematch, so we can finally put all this petty speculative bullshit to rest.

How would a rematch put anything to rest. Different time, different teams (entirely for the Seahawks, mostly for the Steelers) different circumstances. I know Steelers fans want to bury everything about that game but who got the ring. Can't say I blame them I would too (while still being happy my team got the ring.) But no amount of petty speculative bullshit (as you put it) will ever cover up the crooked nature of what occurred in that game.

FWIW I had no ill will towards Steelers or their fans until their fans started in with their continual need to rub their denial in our faces. The Steelers did what they needed to to win the game and it didn't involve anything crooked on their part. What they had to do to win the game was vastly less than what the Seahawks (the superior team that day) would have had to do overcome the obvious an intentional slanting of that game.