This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Diego Chargers

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
taco40":3gaw6zgz said:
MLOhawks":3gaw6zgz said:
Delusional bunch.

I think I must have read a few different pages than you. Most of what I read was something akin to... The Bolts had better play a perfect game to have any semblance of a chance. And then they lose anyway. I'd say they are pretty perceptive.
Most are in my opinion and the 2 forums I checked are very active. Now if you want to see ignorance just check out Patriot forums they assume Wilson can't throw deep because of the Green Bay game!!! We did play them 2 years ago right?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I actually found a good portion of their posts just facing the reality of the whole thing. Can the Chargers win that game? Absolutely. But it isn't likely. The thing is, "Any Given Sunday" does happen, that's why the games are played.

The Hawks are good enough that even when mistakes are made or they don't play their best football, they figure out a way to win. But there are always games that get away from every team.

Hoping the Hawks stay hungry, not allowing this one to get away. Yes, there are the typical "Stop Lynch, make Wilson beat us, we should be able to run on them" posters. But not nearly as many as most fan bases. I would say that generally those guys have a pretty fair picture of what Sunday will look like.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
My family vacations in SD almost yearly and the Chargers are our (distant) "2nd team". We root for them when they aren't playing the Seahawks. In fact, my wife and I will be down in SD to watch the game.

Looking through all positions and comparing matchups, there just isn't much chance of the Chargers winning this one. Honestly, the only scenario I see the Seahawks losing is if they come out really flat, for whatever reason, and I can't see that happening.

The Chargers will be fired-up to win this game and will come out with guns blazing to win their home opener, beat the defending World Champs, and not go down 0-2. Any given Sunday... I just don't see it happening this Sunday. Seahawks win 31-13.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":rp1ybwuc said:
I actually found a good portion of their posts just facing the reality of the whole thing. Can the Chargers win that game? Absolutely. But it isn't likely. The thing is, "Any Given Sunday" does happen, that's why the games are played.

I noticed the same thing. They are not the typical delusional fans that are generally encountered. They are actually cordial, informed, and rational.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2k1n9atm said:
Their fans are alright, though I see way too much THEYRE ALL BANDWAGON HERP DERP stuff there. Is this the new stupid thing opposing fans say about us in a weak attempt to be insulting?

Yes. I encounter it on every forum these days. Jealousy is rampant amongst opposing fans.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Isn't it crazy to be sympathetic (if not empathetic a year ago...) towards another teams fan base?

Yeah, I don't post very often - but I read a lot...

God bless the hawks.

Phteven

Reaction score
Melencause":1rta3xkd said:
Plainshawk":1rta3xkd said:
Those boards are depressing.

This... almost no faith in their team there... depressing.
Damn, there's no winning with some of you guys. They pick their team to win and they're delusional. They acknowledge that their team is likely going to lose to a much better team, and they're depressing and have no faith in their team.

They're a lot more fun to read than the average 49ers fan, IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Phteven":23cqibje said:
Melencause":23cqibje said:
Plainshawk":23cqibje said:
Those boards are depressing.

This... almost no faith in their team there... depressing.
Damn, there's no winning with some of you guys. They pick their team to win and they're delusional. They acknowledge that their team is likely going to lose to a much better team, and they're depressing and have no faith in their team.

They're a lot more fun to read than the average 49ers fan, IMO.
Agreed. If my team was 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 level vs the Seahawk's 12-4+ level I'd predict a loss and hope for a good showing and not be one bit ashamed and pretty mad at some opposing fan calling me negative. I remember these boards before last year with negativity worn like a badge of honor by no small number of people.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1okan0el said:
Their fans are alright, though I see way too much THEYRE ALL BANDWAGON HERP DERP stuff there. Is this the new stupid thing opposing fans say about us in a weak attempt to be insulting?
Seems to be the new insult. Even some of the radio guys down here have talked it up. It's important to note that the Chargers are regularly blacked out but they're pointing to the quick sell out for this game as some sort of barometer of how much the fans are supporting the home team. I'm off the opinion that they're all gonna be pissed when it's 50/50 and Rivers can't get the play in.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think fans that pick their team to win are delusional. Every fan can visualize their team winning. It's not like their betting.

That board is fine, it is the blanket absolute where not a single poster acknowledges the team could possibly lose that I find delusional. There is some negativity, but that is to be expected when your heart has been ripped out.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
They are convinced us showing up in our "Dark blues" in the heat will cripple us and they will win... Dark blue is our home color LMAO...I cant wait to come strolling out in white or grey

253hawk

Reaction score
Fun fact: Seattle is the only team in the NFL to have never worn a white jersey at home.

Dallas, Arizona and Miami predominantly wear white at home. The Bucs and Eagles wear it fairly frequently as well.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kinda sick of the bandwagon fan talk.

Kingdome was the loudest place in the league and now the clink is. Fans in Seattle always supported and loved the hawks.

anyway, I hate Rivers' face. hopefully Avril and Bennett put him his back a lot.

hawker84

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":2uwwq45y said:
They are convinced us showing up in our "Dark blues" in the heat will cripple us and they will win... Dark blue is our home color LMAO...I cant wait to come strolling out in white or grey

From reading their boards, it appears they're going to pull a Carolina and wear their whites and make Seattle wear the dark jersey in what's suppose to be 100 degrees.. Hydrate fellas, hydrate... And have the IV's ready to go.. :141847_bnono: :180670:

chris98251

Reaction score
Not as bad as Carolina there, second you think Pete knows anything about California Sunshine? Half these guys probably live down that way. It may be warm but we will be prepared. Gets a lot more heated and uncomfortable when you're playing from behind anyway, Who's going to be doing that?

Latest posts