This WIN RE: D. Freeney

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bpr34uc said:
scutterhawk":2bpr34uc said:
PM also had some no nonsense O-Lines, & a shit load of big name Receivers to help him in his rise to stardom.
I don't think his O-lines were quite as good as people thought. Getting rid of the ball as quickly as Peyton did most of the time tends to hide a lot of inadequacies.

People always say this about elite Qbs. "They get rid of the ball so quickly"

Peyton had amazing O-lines. He just never had any competent backup Qbs behind him. But he had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and some damn good O-lines. So has Brady. The idea that statue Peyton's "quick release" would have somehow survived behind a bad O-line doesn't add up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3i58mrt6 said:

Peyton had amazing O-lines. He just never had any competent backup Qbs behind him. But he had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and some damn good O-lines. So has Brady. The idea that statue Peyton's "quick release" would have somehow survived behind a bad O-line doesn't add up.
This isn't even up for debate, since there are hard numbers on average time to release for every QB.

http://www.denverpost.com/2013/11/23/fa ... l-careers/

Josea16

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2jdyzxya said:
I don't think anyone here truly understands the value of Freeney - his acquisition means you will win the Superbowl:

2015 - Cards get a magical year, go to NFC Championship, and lose
2016 - Falcons get a magical year, go to Superbowl, and lose
2017 - Seahawks - following the logic, you will now go to the Superbowl and win since there are no other options left in the Freeney-verse
I appeove of rhis message and avatar.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nakoahd said:
Scorpion05":1nakoahd said:

This isn't even up for debate, since there are hard numbers on average time to release for every QB.

http://www.denverpost.com/2013/11/23/fa ... l-careers/

Good stuff. No need for us to discredit Peyton on here. Guy played the game at the highest level and was a pleasure to watch. When Brady also retires it'll really be the end of an era. Two of the best to ever do it.