Thomas Rawls has an injured fibula, out for a couple of week

Wartooth

Reaction score
Rawls is cheap, and is going to be here after this season.
If C-Mike has a great season, and continues to play as well as he has...
Re-sign him next year, and hope after getting paid, he doesn't turn into a knucklehead again.
We're lucky we got him back, he's a major part of this offense now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1zc63cgm said:
Nobody should ever lose their job, but I bet this opens the door for Michael, who is tough and fast and just keeps getting his game dialed in. I hate to say it, but I don't think Rawls has an NFL body.
Procise sure doesn't have one either by the looks of it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
austinslater25":sacvp391 said:
I think Prosise, like Michael, is going to prove a lot of people wrong in here. Excited to see what he can do.
+1
PC is jazzed about getting him in there, mentioned him in connection to the Rawls news today, he must be impressed with the possibilities.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well this stinks, but it almost seems like a blessing that our bye week is early this year.

ACFan

Reaction score
Collins looked solid yesterday and will only get better as time goes on.

If he had to start a game over the next few weeks, I strongly believe he'd have a 100 yard game, all while being our best pass protecting back, and as good a receiver out of the backfield as anyone else.

AC will state a good case for himself over the next few weeks with this opportunity.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Paying CMike is a bit risky because you never know if complacency could show up again. That being said, he's definitely on track to get a new contract from us and be a core player. Starting the season averaging 5 YPC is remarkable given our first three opponents and how ineffective the rest of our backfield has looked at times. He does still need to show that his fumble against the Rams was a fluke.

Prosise and Collins are looking like pretty savvy draft picks as well. Hopefully Prosise can get healthy enough here to start making an impact in that empty set/third down role they drafted him for.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well perhaps now that the Jets have signed the drinking TE AS Jenkins, they release Pope and we possibly can resign him.

Guess not, they cut a LB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":251zjb60 said:
It feels to me like he tried to come back too early.

And it is really unfair to raise the durability issue if that is the case, because the play that injured him was one where he was fighting for extra yardage, the OL let the defender right on through, and the defender landed on top of his back. The angle and force would have hurt anyone.

This was the very issue I was apoplectic about in losing Pope, it was pretty clear that Rawls did not look 100% to me.

But now we are stuck/screwed if Michael gets injured because we have literally nothing of value behind him. And nobody to spell a tired Michael either.

Very frustrating because this was entirely preventable. It was clearly foreseeable, the coaching staff just rolled the die on 2 unproven, likely unuseful backs - and got rid of the one guy that could have helped us if they bet wrong. Even worse, there was no upside to the decision, neither Procise or Collins were going to deliver anything this year, they were net non-contributors vs any camp body in the same position.

Jeez, Debbie!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1kd9wx77 said:
TwistedHusky":1kd9wx77 said:

And it is really unfair to raise the durability issue if that is the case, because the play that injured him was one where he was fighting for extra yardage, the OL let the defender right on through, and the defender landed on top of his back. The angle and force would have hurt anyone.

This was the very issue I was apoplectic about in losing Pope, it was pretty clear that Rawls did not look 100% to me.

But now we are stuck/screwed if Michael gets injured because we have literally nothing of value behind him. And nobody to spell a tired Michael either.

Very frustrating because this was entirely preventable. It was clearly foreseeable, the coaching staff just rolled the die on 2 unproven, likely unuseful backs - and got rid of the one guy that could have helped us if they bet wrong. Even worse, there was no upside to the decision, neither Procise or Collins were going to deliver anything this year, they were net non-contributors vs any camp body in the same position.

Jeez, Debbie! A fibula fracture has nothing to do with his earlier injury...check your anatomy chart. And, yeah, Pope was a pre-season stud...big deal. If the coaches saw enough in him, he'd still be with us. Neither Procise NOR Collins will deliver this year?? It's a long season.

DJrmb

Reaction score
We will probably add a back for some depth at least, even if just for a couple of weeks. The Raiders released Marcel Reece today who was serving a 3 game suspension for PED's. I think Reece would be a nice addition maybe even for more than just a few weeks as depth. He'd give us an option for FB as well as an option to fill the 3rd down role until Prosise is fully healed (and maybe a little competition to push Prosise a bit). His release may be perfect timing for us I think.

StoneCold

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1l2hzx4a said:

Pete said it was unrelated to his ankle injury.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
ACFan":32jbuqol said:
Collins looked solid yesterday and will only get better as time goes on.

If he had to start a game over the next few weeks, I strongly believe he'd have a 100 yard game, all while being our best pass protecting back, and as good a receiver out of the backfield as anyone else.

AC will state a good case for himself over the next few weeks with this opportunity.

Man I want to believe in AC. I do. I know he hasn't really had that many opportunities either. Its just that what I have seen from him, I'm not comfortable having him as the main backup to Michaels... yet. I'm not saying he won't eventually be that back that we need him to be. Right now though... I see a tired Michael carrying a lot of the load, and when backs are tired, they tend to have mental lapses in fundamentals which in turn give way to the opportunity for old bad habbits to resurface. For Michael, we know very well what that is.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
"Thanks Marshawn for what you did for us....but we have Thomas Rawls now. We're moving on instantly and we'll pretend like you're not the reason we were ever in any Superbowls. As a matter of fact, we will probably revise history and give Russell Wilson the glory because the last thing we want is somebody that looks like you as the greatest franchise player."

-Seahawk fan base for the past few months

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If Prosise is healthy and can pick up about 8-10 touches per game, I think we might be alright for backup. I had him as the 3rd best overall back int he draft, mostly due to upside and overall game, and I think he still has something to offer. Obviously that's a big IF when it comes to his health and health going forward.

In regards to Rawls, speaking from experience, often when you're playing with an injury that isn't fully recovered, you compensate by putting more bearing on other parts of your body. I'm not saying that it directly lead to the injury, but I wouldn't be suprised if it played a factor. If we can get some good reps via Prosise backing up Michael, then I'd rather not rush him. Maybe go IR designation to return and give him some really good time to heal.

If Prosise can't stay on the field then I think we need to consider maybe some veteran help in the backfield. Collins isn't powerful at all and just really lacks acceleration. Maybe that's just directly compared to Michael, but I get bored and sleepy watching him run.

Smellyman

Reaction score
dogorama":2m0jhx7j said:
As I'm watching Rawls a couple of weeks ago he has a run where he carries two or three of the opposing defense three or four yds and I remark on the Radish board a reference to him being Beastmode 2.0. Therein lies his problem, he knew coming in that the Seahawks wanted a hard running physical back and he has given his all to be that. I wish he would just be himself though and establish his own identity. Take what they give you and leave it at that, not everyone can be the Beast.

It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big? I think Beastmode goes down in NFL history as being one of the great legends, and I think Thomas Rawls can be a great back too, but only when he understands who Thomas Rawls really is.

Lynch was listed at 217, he was 215 when drafted. Let's be honest though, He was wll north of that in the last few years.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Smellyman":3pi9dj18 said:
dogorama":3pi9dj18 said:
As I'm watching Rawls a couple of weeks ago he has a run where he carries two or three of the opposing defense three or four yds and I remark on the Radish board a reference to him being Beastmode 2.0. Therein lies his problem, he knew coming in that the Seahawks wanted a hard running physical back and he has given his all to be that. I wish he would just be himself though and establish his own identity. Take what they give you and leave it at that, not everyone can be the Beast.

It's funny, I posted a comment by one of SF's d-line last week where he remarked that the Seahawks are different now, they no longer have that 6'1" 245 lb. running back. I wrote that it was funny he said that because Marshawn is 5'11" 217 lbs. Every time I think about that it gives me a new appreciation for how great Marshawn really was, because how was he able to completely punish defenders year in - year out w/o really being that big? I think Beastmode goes down in NFL history as being one of the great legends, and I think Thomas Rawls can be a great back too, but only when he understands who Thomas Rawls really is.

Lynch was listed at 217, he was 215 when drafted. Let's be honest though, He was wll north of that in the last few years.
Whole heartedly agree. While he didn't grow 2 inches to be 6'1, he was probably somewhere around 240.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3lz6s15g said:
"Thanks Marshawn for what you did for us....but we have Thomas Rawls now. We're moving on instantly and we'll pretend like you're not the reason we were ever in any Superbowls. As a matter of fact, we will probably revise history and give Russell Wilson the glory because the last thing we want is somebody that looks like you as the greatest franchise player."

Lynch retired and he wasn't THE reason. He was one of many.

There isn't one Hawk fan who doesn't LOVE lynch, but he retired and yes fans need to move one.

odd post.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":z6xm0stj said:

I don't know. Seems like there's mad love and appreciation for Marshawn moreso than disregard.

Rawls did very well last year up until the injury. But you can't replace a generational back like Lynch.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":26qgx5w7 said:
SixSeahawk":26qgx5w7 said:

Lynch retired and he wasn't THE reason. He was one of many.

There isn't one Hawk fan who doesn't LOVE lynch, but he retired and yes fans need to move one.

odd post.

Doug Baldwin said he was.

Obviously on a football team, there's never going to be one guy responsible for everything...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":182mg51c said:

Say what?

Beast gets tons of love. Being happy with Rawls isnt disrespectful to Lynch.

This is a strange post, and a strange viewpoint to be honest.....

Maybe sixhawk is Marshawn? Lol