Thomas, Sherman, and Wagner made the All-Pro Team.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I am really happy for all of them but especially Bobby. Glad to see him finally getting some of the shine he deserves.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
The All-Pro system is such a joke. And to think, this and the equally laughable Pro Bowl is about all the non-skill positions have to earn HoF cred. It needs a serious upgrade in legitimacy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3dcclapo said:
-The Glove-":3dcclapo said:
That ish pisses me off that Weddle gets love over Kam...different types of safeties but Kam, when healthy, is way more impactful than Weddle

I'm OK with this. You used the phrase when healthy yourself. Kam was not healthy and played below average as a result for the majority of the season. These last 6 games he's been playing at an All-World level, but I think him nearly being 1st team is a testament to that.

I'm shocked Bobby made it, except he just missed games. He's been fantastic whenever he's played.

Weddle was the better player this year. They went with a Safety position, not FS and SS. That Kam got 3rd place, while injured, over every other safety other than Earl and Weddle is a huge compliment.

To the poster that was saying they need to break the FS and SS up, it's funny but they used to do that. I'm not sure if this is the first year they're going generic Safety, but it's been a long time in coming. Most teams don't even use a true SS anymore. You know, a passing league and all that ?

As for Bobby, if there was any year he was going to make All Pro, it was going to have to be this year. Kuechly has been great so far in his career, and even if I think he makes more impact plays than Luke does, Kuechly just puts up too many stats to drop out of All Pro consideration. The reason Wagner made it this year is that Bowman was out all year and Willis missed half the year. Those two guys will get All Pro before Bobby will in most years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3gnkzbg8 said:
Who's taking Weddle over Kam? Seriously?
Kam was injured (the bone spurs) and playing poorly compared to his normal level for a good portion of the year. This is an annual vote and not supposed to be based on past accomplishments, etc., so I'm not sure why anyone has a problem with Kam not getting voted in this year, personally.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":240mb9nt said:
themunn":240mb9nt said:
Kam only two votes away from tying with Weddle too. They really need to break that category up into SS and FS

People who know their football? Kam didn't have the greatest start to his season. We all know why, but he wasn't held out of games like Wagner, so there is no 'official' or 'objective' reason why he was doing so poorly early on...yet he still got the 3rd-most votes of all safety and made 2nd-team All-Pro for the second season.

Oh, and Weddle isn't exactly chopped liver. That boy is a baller.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1ybgk4nr said:
SomersetHawk":1ybgk4nr said:
themunn":1ybgk4nr said:
Kam only two votes away from tying with Weddle too. They really need to break that category up into SS and FS

People who know their football? Kam didn't have the greatest start to his season. We all know why, but he wasn't held out of games like Wagner, so there is no 'official' or 'objective' reason why he was doing so poorly early on...yet he still got the 3rd-most votes of all safety and made 2nd-team All-Pro for the second season.

The difference between Chancellor being a First Team vs. Second Team All Pro was the slimmest of margins: one random AP reporter voting for Weddle instead of him.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Seanhawk":86hil2x8 said:
Not a single All-Pro vote for Patrick Petersen? Delicious.

None for James "We have the best safety tandem in the league" Ihedigbo. :lol:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2pxm8xjk said:
HawKnPeppa":2pxm8xjk said:
SomersetHawk":2pxm8xjk said:
themunn":2pxm8xjk said:

The difference between Chancellor being a First Team vs. Second Team All Pro was the slimmest of margins: one random AP reporter voting for Weddle instead of him.

Which is remarkable in itself. I Kam had been completely health at the beginning of the season, chances are Weddle would have been 2nd-team. As the injury gods would have it, Weddle has a larger volume of work this year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16fbvqg2 said:
SomersetHawk":16fbvqg2 said:
Kam was injured (the bone spurs) and playing poorly compared to his normal level for a good portion of the year. This is an annual vote and not supposed to be based on past accomplishments, etc., so I'm not sure why anyone has a problem with Kam not getting voted in this year, personally.

That wasn't the question.

HawKnPeppa":16fbvqg2 said:
SomersetHawk":16fbvqg2 said:

Nice job with the early jab there! I don't particularly take issue with Kam's absence from the first team list, but just wonder what it is about Eric Weddle's play that makes him a better candidate? I'm not arguing that he's not a really good player nor am I unaware of Kam's issues at the start of the season but I still value his overall impact over the 14 games very highly, whereas in the few Chargers games I've watched this year I've not really noticed Weddle for great football play.

He had a clutch forced fumble in OT against the 49ers and that was an awesome play, but he also got absolutely owned on Kap's long TD run. He's racked up a lot of tackles (he's a really good tackler) but have you seen how bad that run defense is? I don't notice him shedding blocks and stuffing RBs in for stops and short gains like Kam, he's just cleaning up mess a lot of the time. He shouldn't be penalised for it, it's an important job, but it's also a job other good safeties could be capable of doing. Kam's superior in coverage too, imo.

For sure he's a really valuable player, and arguably more valuable to the Chargers than Kam is to us. But this isn't a team MVPs list, this is the best players in the league at their positions. And from what I've seen this year, I'm still taking Bam Bam over Weddle.. It should be a moot point anyway, as Munn says they should dissect it into FS/SS.

As admitted, I've not seen anywhere near as much of Weddle as I have of Kam, and I'm all ears for a counter argument that doesn't patronize or put everything on Kam's injury struggles early in the season. I suspect that some would point to FO, I don't have access to their rankings so don't know for sure but I'm guessing Weddle's rated extremely highly for his tackling ability.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2r86icg7 said:
RolandDeschain":2r86icg7 said:

That wasn't the question.

HawKnPeppa":2r86icg7 said:

Nice job with the early jab there! I don't particularly take issue with Kam's absence from the first team list, but just wonder what it is about Eric Weddle's play that makes him a better candidate? I'm not arguing that he's not a really good player nor am I unaware of Kam's issues at the start of the season but I still value his overall impact over the 14 games very highly, whereas in the few Chargers games I've watched this year I've not really noticed Weddle for great football play.

He had a clutch forced fumble in OT against the 49ers and that was an awesome play, but he also got absolutely owned on Kap's long TD run. He's racked up a lot of tackles (he's a really good tackler) but have you seen how bad that run defense is? I don't notice him shedding blocks and stuffing RBs in for stops and short gains like Kam, he's just cleaning up mess a lot of the time. He shouldn't be penalised for it, it's an important job, but it's also a job other good safeties could be capable of doing. Kam's superior in coverage too, imo.

For sure he's a really valuable player, and arguably more valuable to the Chargers than Kam is to us. But this isn't a team MVPs list, this is the best players in the league at their positions. And from what I've seen this year, I'm still taking Bam Bam over Weddle.. It should be a moot point anyway, as Munn says they should dissect it into FS/SS.

As admitted, I've not seen anywhere near as much of Weddle as I have of Kam, and I'm all ears for a counter argument that doesn't patronize or put everything on Kam's injury struggles early in the season. I suspect that some would point to FO, I don't have access to their rankings so don't know for sure but I'm guessing Weddle's rated extremely highly for his tackling ability.

I would say the reason is Eric Weddle played more consistent from week 1 to week 17. Kam at the start of the year had some poor tackling and coverage issues due to his injuries or whatever. I would take a healthy Kam over a healthy Eric everyday of the week too but if Kam is playing injured well, that could be a different story. Remember it took until November for Kam to really return to his old self. Hell he is even on record for saying how he didnt enjoy looking at game film from earlier in the season because of how he was playing while injured.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
UGotHawked":3scsur7f said:
Seanhawk":3scsur7f said:
Not a single All-Pro vote for Patrick Petersen? Delicious.

None for James "We have the best safety tandem in the league" Ihedigbo. :lol:
I pointed this out to my friends(all Lions fans) AFTER I told them that Kam and Earl would be all-pro. It didn't go over too well. lol. :thirishdrinkers:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
bigDhawk":1n5snpig said:
The All-Pro system is such a joke.
I disagree.

All Pro is the highest single player recognition award.

Any other system will resort to a vote as well... it's unavoidable.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1sjx51qx said:
Eric Weddle wouldn't start in Seattle.

Russell Wilson wouldn't start in Green Bay.

Earl Thomas has clearly been the best free safeties in the league for a few years now, but let's not pretend that Weddle isn't one of the best in the league not named Thomas.

And Weddle is better than Chancellor at the free safety position. If anybody has a real complaint (besides Chancellor being/playing hurt this year) it's that they don't separate out FS/SS in the All-Pro voting.