Ticket Prices

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Good, good, I hope these prices just keep dropping and these ticket resellers barely make anything on them.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Stubhub is lowering their percentage because they know the market is crashing.

mikeak

Reaction score
There was a $1,780 set of tickets on stubhub when I was on the front page. Gone by the time I got to the seating map :)

Not buying just checking

heffmanhere

Reaction score
The game is still ten days away and one bad storm that either delays/prevents/inconveniences/ fans from getting there and/or one credible forecast for a miserable SB Sunday----and ticket prices will (ideally) begin to plummet...

Throw in the requisite mid-week security breach or threat and I may not have to part with a body part after all to get inside the stadium on game day...

MY flight is booked and I'm grateful and fortunate to be able to stay with family while in NYC...Going to the game was always a pipe-dream for me so if it somehow miraculously works out, that's wonderful....And if not, I'll be more than happy to soak in the atmosphere in NYC next week and bask in a Seahawks Championship on the Sunday night!!

Seahawkcanucknyc

Reaction score
heffmanhere":13d9s7q0 said:
The game is still ten days away and one bad storm that either delays/prevents/inconveniences/ fans from getting there and/or one credible forecast for a miserable SB Sunday----and ticket prices will (ideally) begin to plummet...

Throw in the requisite mid-week security breach or threat and I may not have to part with a body part after all to get inside the stadium on game day...

MY flight is booked and I'm grateful and fortunate to be able to stay with family while in NYC...Going to the game was always a pipe-dream for me so if it somehow miraculously works out, that's wonderful....And if not, I'll be more than happy to soak in the atmosphere in NYC next week and bask in a Seahawks Championship on the Sunday night!!

tip about stubhub.

so when i first got to nyc from van, what i did was i bought a sim card that came with data, download the stubhub app to my phone, and then i would wait outside the stadium about 30 mins before the game and watch the ticket price go down on my phone, and purchase any yankees/rangers/knicks/giants tickets minutes before gametime over my stubhub app. once payment is completed on your phone you can either download the online ticket or pick up at the stubhub booth.

that trick is magic. i have gotten into knicks games for like 10 dollars. its insane.

now as an aside, i dont know what phone you would bring but if your phone is compatible with tmobile's data frequency (i believe any unlocked phone with 1700/2100 or aws, so mobilcity/wind phones would work), you can order a sim card online from their website in advance of arriving to NYC, and then once you receive the card in the mail, activate it yourself and sign up for their 30 dollar prepaid plan which gives you 5gb of 4G internet, unlimited 3g internet, unlimited US text, and 100 mins of calling. you can only get this deal if you buy the sim card online and activate everything yourself. thats the best deal you will get on any cell phone package when you are here in NYC. this may or may not be relevant to you .. haha

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
This is a helpful thread also. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87656

If you read terms of sale, I recall any tickets listed on stubhub after 3pm eastern on the 28th must be with stubhub...this means the brokers selling tickets they do not have, which, at 2500 a week ago, only to then scoop them up at 1800 today to fill that order, although small, after many transactions seems like a decent profit...now, if they can not keep buying the prices as they drop, hopefully they get soaked...

I now see amounts of tickets for sale on tmasters exchange and tiqiq and sh only increasing...kind of crazy...good for people like me prepared to buy day of....

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Wow... 1700 now...uppers but hey. Less than double face if seller pays commish to Stubhub..

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but uppers busting via 2000 is like one of those psychological barriers....especially on stub hub with all the briers selling what they do not have.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":15tl4yu6 said:
Just my 2 cents but uppers busting via 2000 is like one of those psychological barriers....especially on stub hub with all the briers selling what they do not have.

I told my wife I thought it would hang just above $2000 for a few days
NOPE!
They blasted right past it.

I'm sure resellers are sweating it bad. Ticket sales are very slow and I'm sure site hits are through the roof.
My goal price just keeps getting lower!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah my original goal price was $1800...and my budy told me he thinks $1200. I thought he was crazy, but sure enough it's already at $1550, I guess I just continue waiting. GOOD GOOD (Emperor Palpatine voice).

Incubus

Reaction score
I just watched 2 sets of tickets go for $1550 per ticket on SeatGeek. They are definitely dropping.

( they were scooped up almost immediately ).

Incubus

Reaction score
SeatGeek is a ticket consolidation site....BUT....their prices do include all the extra fees and taxes.

You can see what site the tickets are "really" being sold from and just go there and buy them directly if you want to.....that's what we did.

In our example.....the price we saw on SeatGeek showed the total price we would pay on Primesport. ( and this turned out to be accurate ).

We had good luck direct with primesport though.

mikeak

Reaction score
Incubus":1mpeqtza said:
SeatGeek is a ticket consolidation site....BUT....their prices do include all the extra fees and taxes.

You can see what site the tickets are "really" being sold from and just go there and buy them directly if you want to.....that's what we did.

In our example.....the price we saw on SeatGeek showed the total price we would pay on Primesport. ( and this turned out to be accurate ).

We had good luck direct with primesport though.

The values I saw was excluding fees on seatgeek. Didn't spend to much time on there. Everyone should just be sure when they compare. Stubhub is busticket as well ($100). I couldn't give a rip about the tailgate thing but busticket is real money. and fees are some serious real money

One note. Stubhub was closer to 5 000 tickets yesterday and is now 400 tickets less. As prices comes down people will really start buying. I agree with others that prices will be lower but this could be interesting to watch

Incubus

Reaction score
I did double check a couple of them and at least when the seller is primesport or tndirect.......the seatgeek prices do include all the extra fees.

FYI.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but I noticed that within 10 minutes stubhub was showing 400 less tickets. I don't think this is sales. I think a broker pulled listing as they have to ship tics on Monday at the latest to keep listing. It could have also been as a result of the pre Jan 14 or so listing terms? I don't think it was real sales. What I meant to say was sales of tickets they were going to go back to the market to buy to fill

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Incubus":qduzg7sk said:
I did double check a couple of them and at least when the seller is primesport or tndirect.......the seatgeek prices do include all the extra fees.

FYI.
Tiqiq is a scraper also bit does all in price.

maporsche

Reaction score
seadoc":ns3b35n6 said:
Stub - $1600 flat. GOGOGOGO (I can't)

Singles tickets are still at $1800....dammit I wish I weren't going alone or if I had someone to get a double with.