Tickets advice for me and my son (from Georgia)

12thmanfromGA

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My senior-in-high-school son has been struggling this year with grades and even a bit of depression/anxiety, and I decided to surprise him with tickets to see his favorite team, the Seahawks (he’s loved them ever since their initial playoff runs with Russell Wilson). Give him something fun to look forward to. We’re coming for the Nov. 3 game vs the Bucs.

We’re looking at ticket options and are considering something around $150-200. We’ve seen some in section 128, but there are reports online of obstructed views. Otherwise, section 316 looks like a decent option.

Just wanted some advice on either of those sections, and any other spots you’d recommend. We’ve looked at the top levels but were concerned they’d be too high up to see much.

Appreciate it!

NukePack

Reaction score
This is bizarre. I could type EXACTLY the same post but change it to the Minnesota game and we are from NC

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
12thmanfromGA":3is0h8nk said:
Hi everyone!

My senior-in-high-school son has been struggling this year with grades and even a bit of depression/anxiety, and I decided to surprise him with tickets to see his favorite team, the Seahawks (he’s loved them ever since their initial playoff runs with Russell Wilson). Give him something fun to look forward to. We’re coming for the Nov. 3 game vs the Bucs.

We’re looking at ticket options and are considering something around $150-200. We’ve seen some in section 128, but there are reports online of obstructed views. Otherwise, section 316 looks like a decent option.

Just wanted some advice on either of those sections, and any other spots you’d recommend. We’ve looked at the top levels but were concerned they’d be too high up to see much.

Appreciate it!

I've sat in everything from FRONT ROW end zone, to last row in many sections. All seats have great views.

Go as early as possible and find a spot in the South End Zone and watch them warm up.

Welcom to .net

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
As far as I know there aren't really any obstructed views at Century Link, 128 would be fine. I've sat from the 2nd row behind the benches to the 2nd row from the top in the 300's, you can see fine from anywhere.

If you do sit in the 300's try to get as low as possible, so single letters.... A through T or whatever.... versus TT.

That's a super cool surprise for him. And enjoy, have fun! :2thumbs:

Redsand187

Reaction score
If I am remembering correctly, 128 is right next to a tunnel, so the concrete wall goes up the side and has a railing. If you were short and in the southernmost seats there may be the potential of the top the railing getting in your line of sight, but I doubt it.

OP
OP

12thmanfromGA

Reaction score
NukePack: that is bizarre. So your son is going through some of the same things, and you’re looking to come to a game this year? Pretty wild!

Everyone else: thank you so much for the good suggestions! That is really helpful, especially to hear that some of the higher up ones are still great views.

Appreciate it!

NukePack

Reaction score
I mean to a T. To the point that I am considering the same sections!

He is a senior, same seahawk history, he is struggling with grades and is very down about that. We have been to a couple of games in Charlotte over the last few years and have promised each other a game in Seattle someday. I thought the other day, this year would be the best choice given his current mood and frustration.

Only difference is the game and where we are from.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I've sat row 9 on the 50 yd line, in the Hawk's Nest & various places in the 300's & now always try to get seats in the first row of the upper deck. They are great seats but some of these are considered obstructed view because of the railings at the bottom of the stairs. The railing wasn't an issue but people stopping at the rail to watch the game was a piss off.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A change of scenery and positive reinforcement will inevitably make the 2 kids be more motivated to accomplish said tasks. Things can go better with this idea you both have. Good on ya.

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
Myself and 4 friends are heading over from the UK for the game against the Vikes (MNF)...first visit to Clink :D :D

What would be the best pre-game plan of action but also ensuring we make the most of it :irishdrinkers:

pre-game bars? Hawk Alley?

OP
OP

12thmanfromGA

Reaction score
Nuke ... that’s crazy! Pretty amazing how similar our situations are. Maybe the game will be something that sparks both of our boys.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Great job by both dad's going the extra mile for their boys. Kudo's.
As mentioned, the sight lines at the Clink are superb. Nothing should block your view unless fans in front of you prefer to stand. Also mentioned was single letter rows. and I agree. Z>AA as an example.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
DY_Seahawk":1mkyc927 said:
Myself and 4 friends are heading over from the UK for the game against the Vikes (MNF)...first visit to Clink :D :D

What would be the best pre-game plan of action but also ensuring we make the most of it :irishdrinkers:

pre-game bars? Hawk Alley?
There are plenty of TG functions at all bars that are close to the stadium. Get in early to get a seat, but go easy so you and your mates can enjoy the event.
Blue Thunder (Seahawk Drumline) splits up into groups of 5 or 6 drummers and hit the local bars to perform a cadence or 2 during the tailgates. Pretty cool event.
Lots of info on the net to check out.
Enjoy yourselves.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Newbies, also be sure to be in your seats a good 15 minutes before kickoff.
Player introductions are fun.
Raising the 12th man flag is tradition.
Taima (our team mascot, a live Osprey) will fly untethered from the Seahawks tunnel to her trainer who stands a mid field...A MUST SEE.
Lastly, check our local weather prediction and dress accordingly.
Go Hawks!

OP
OP

12thmanfromGA

Reaction score
So many great ideas and information here, everyone. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

We will definitely follow all of these instructions and surely have an awesome time.

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread up.

We arrive approx. 6pm on the Saturday (30th) of the Vikings game and our flight departs at around 8pm on the Tuesday (3rd).

We want to try and squeeze a stadium tour in if possible and also pop to the Husky stadium/store as well.

Does anyone know the best way to do these? I cant see any info online for the stadium tour during our dates.

Also, might sound a silly question but which Seahawks store would be the best to visit?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The store at the Stadium would be your best bet. Plus, that's where the tour starts from. You can buy tickets at the will call area, which is at the Northwest corner of the stadium. A couple hundred feet from the team shop basically. That's for the Hawks stadium.

There is a Husky store in Downtown Seattle, address is 1319 4th Ave. They are open 10am-6pm. If you get down this way early, you can hit the Husky store first then pop down to the House of noise for the tour and Hawks team shop.

Hawks stadium tour hours and link:
Saturday: 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
http://www.centurylinkfield.com/tour-centurylink-field/

Latest posts