TJ! TJ! TJ! (Press Conference)

dunceface

Reaction score
how can anyone not love this guy?! his endlessly positive demeanor and thick southern drawl with a heapin helpin of loyalty are undeniably endearing.

especially listen for the parts where he talks about secretly rooting for our team while with the bills cuz he "went through hard times with these guys" and considering his time away from the Hawks as a "paid vacation"

no wonder so many guys speak so highly of him

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... fa237130e3

Crizilla

Reaction score
Im going to predict we will see playing time from TJ during the regular season. But only because we'll be up by like 30 points in the 4th quarter

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Crizilla":1i045gq2 said:
Im going to predict we will see playing time from TJ during the regular season. But only because we'll be up by like 30 points in the 4th quarter
Yup, and the man really takes care of the ball so he won't squander the lead away.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dunceface":2m6onwf5 said:
how can anyone not love this guy?! his endlessly positive demeanor and thick southern drawl with a heapin helpin of loyalty are undeniably endearing.

especially listen for the parts where he talks about secretly rooting for our team while with the bills cuz he "went through hard times with these guys" and considering his time away from the Hawks as a "paid vacation"

no wonder so many guys speak so highly of him

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... fa237130e3

Not only that, they heaped praise upon him for being so accountable for the team's results and never throwing a teammate under the bus. The buck stopped with him for sure. I too love the 'can you please pass the mashed potatos' way of talking and the pleasant, down-to-earth demeanor.

drdiags

Reaction score
He looked thinner than I remember him from the past. He still has to make the squad, though most think it is a no-brainer.

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":38yw6s3j said:
He looked thinner than I remember him from the past. He still has to make the squad, though most think it is a no-brainer.

After watching Quinn that last days, I dont see how Tjack cant make the squad.

warden

Reaction score
Football is a team game. The first half of the season TJac played for us , nobody on offense was doing the right thing. Couldn't run block, could'n pass block, couldn't run the right routes, very young and inexperienced. The second half of the Season TJac played through a very painful injury. The fans who in general know chit blamed TJac for everything , screamed to start CBJ and criticized PC for not being able to get a QB. Fans completely ignored what PC said at draft time when he drafted Carp and Moffit. This team is no where near ready for a rookie QB to start. We have too many young players that need to be developed first. TJac was a very important piece of the puzzle in this teams development, he could stay in there take the punishment, take the abuse from the media and fans, play injured and not hamper the development of the rest of the offense. His team mates know this and that is why they respect him so much. Yes TJac is not a QBOTF material but he is a valued teammate and I am really happy that he is back to compete for the back up job behind Russell Wilson. If he is called for duty, there will be Three major differences for TJac this time around. One this time he will be playing with a much better supporting cast, Two he won't have a torn pec and Three he will get a lot of support from Russell. I hope that Wilson stays healthy and TJac sees limited action, but I am sure glad TJac is back on our team.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
warden":at0ioc5g said:
Football is a team game. The first half of the season TJac played for us , nobody on offense was doing the right thing. Couldn't run block, could'n pass block, couldn't run the right routes, very young and inexperienced. The second half of the Season TJac played through a very painful injury. The fans who in general know chit blamed TJac for everything , screamed to start CBJ and criticized PC for not being able to get a QB. Fans completely ignored what PC said at draft time when he drafted Carp and Moffit. This team is no where near ready for a rookie QB to start. We have too many young players that need to be developed first. TJac was a very important piece of the puzzle in this teams development, he could stay in there take the punishment, take the abuse from the media and fans, play injured and not hamper the development of the rest of the offense. His team mates know this and that is why they respect him so much. Yes TJac is not a QBOTF material but he is a valued teammate and I am really happy that he is back to compete for the back up job behind Russell Wilson. If he is called for duty, there will be Three major differences for TJac this time around. One this time he will be playing with a much better supporting cast, Two he won't have a torn pec and Three he will get a lot of support from Russell. I hope that Wilson stays healthy and TJac sees limited action, but I am sure glad TJac is back on our team.

Well said Warden. I admit I was one of those calling for his head. Yes it was frustrating watching him but there were mitigating circumstances. Still, you want the best for your team and TJ threw a couple of games away.

CANHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1khv61lq said:
warden":1khv61lq said:

Well said Warden. I admit I was one of those calling for his head. Yes it was frustrating watching him but there were mitigating circumstances. Still, you want the best for your team and TJ threw a couple of games away.

Amen warden. Very well put.

Pliny, the man's name is Tarvaris Jackson; I don't think anyone (at least anyone that wasn't one if those insane TJack fanboys) expected him to put the team on his back like he was Tom Brady. Everyone I ever talked to realised he was a place holder with maybe a 3% chance of being the qbotf.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
CANHawk":wo0eknzr said:
PlinytheCenter":wo0eknzr said:

Pliny, the man's name is Tarvaris Jackson; I don't think anyone (at least anyone that wasn't one if those insane TJack fanboys) expected him to put the team on his back like he was Tom Brady. Everyone I ever talked to realised he was a place holder with maybe a 3% chance of being the qbotf.

Yeah I get it, and I did then. Doesn't mean I had to like watching it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2d5ly9g1 said:
CANHawk":2d5ly9g1 said:
PlinytheCenter":2d5ly9g1 said:

Yeah I get it, and I did then. Doesn't mean I had to like watching it.
But you had to understand that it was part of the process to get where we are now right? I never could understood all the people who lost their mind over TJ 2 years ago.... Starting TJack was like renting a Taurus to drive down to the Ferrari dealership.

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
warden":1ptajfba said:

Cheers to all of that! :thirishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
I think knowing his role as well as having the study and work ethic of both Quinn and Wilson will help TJack, if he can make decisions faster and more accurate he will be much improved and not as much of a step back if he has to play.

kearly

Reaction score
drdiags":37ykdcmj said:

I was just going to say that. He looks slim. Which is probably a good thing.