Too Many Players on the Line of Scrimmage

Optimus25

Reaction score
kidhawk":2r6kwp8e said:
Here's the OFFICIAL rule

Position of Players at Snap
Offensive team must have at least seven players on line.
Offensive players, not on line, must be at least one yard back at snap.

(Exception: player who takes snap.)
No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.
No player of either team may enter neutral zone before snap.
No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start.
If a player changes his eligibility, the Referee must alert the defensive captain after player has reported to him.
All players of offensive team must be stationary at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to scrimmage line or backward (not forward).
After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body.
Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.
Offensive linemen are permitted to interlock legs.

Is it just me or does Edelman kind of abuse the motion rule?. Really seems like he's slightly rocking forward sometimes, in a i dare you to call this on me fashion. He stays in motion and then kind of hops sideways till the snap, but it really looks like some garbage CFL stuff to me.

sutz

Reaction score
Optimus25":3m12vi5y said:
kidhawk":3m12vi5y said:
Here's the OFFICIAL rule

Position of Players at Snap
Offensive team must have at least seven players on line.
Offensive players, not on line, must be at least one yard back at snap.

(Exception: player who takes snap.)
No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.
No player of either team may enter neutral zone before snap.
No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start.
If a player changes his eligibility, the Referee must alert the defensive captain after player has reported to him.
All players of offensive team must be stationary at snap, except one back who may be in motion parallel to scrimmage line or backward (not forward).
After a shift or huddle all players on offensive team must come to an absolute stop for at least one second with no movement of hands, feet, head, or swaying of body.
Quarterbacks can be called for a false start penalty (five yards) if their actions are judged to be an obvious attempt to draw an opponent offside.
Offensive linemen are permitted to interlock legs.

Is it just me or does Edelman kind of abuse the motion rule?. Really seems like he's slightly rocking forward sometimes, in a i dare you to call this on me fashion. He stays in motion and then kind of hops sideways till the snap, but it really looks like some garbage CFL stuff to me.
A lot of players do that, including our guys. ;)