Top 10 Arms In The NFL (per Chris Wesseling)

OP
OP
SomersetHawk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":34s03w96 said:
NINEster":34s03w96 said:
Man, you guys think Wilson is better than Kaepernick in every way imaginable.

Because it's true. You know it's true, too. You can admit it.

Wrong. Kap's better at instagram shoe fashion, getting tattoos and wearing Miami Dolphins snap-backs.

253hawk

Reaction score
Wilson probably isn't on the list because he usually doesn't have to throw hard. If the routes are run correctly and his OL does a half decent job of blocking, he can afford to take a little off it, or at least enough to make it an easier catch for the target.

Sac

Reaction score
Yeah, but every time he scrambles then throws 30 yards across his body while on the run it screams "arm strength/talent".

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":eytjvwgt said:
NINEster":eytjvwgt said:
Sgt. Largent":eytjvwgt said:
Marvin49":eytjvwgt said:
So...I guess my question is how do you define "arm strength". Velocity? Accuracy? Distance?.

From reading that article sounds like it's all of the above.

Kaepernick can throw the ball through a brick wall, but his accuracy is lacking on those type of throws........so IMO that's why he's down the list.

Man, you guys think Wilson is better than Kaepernick in every way imaginable.

And probably all other 31 QBs.

So frustrating it must be when he's never #1 on any lists.

Wow, didn't expect this kind of response to what I thought was a rational logical post by myself.

IMO the reason Russell's not on this list is because he doesn't have a big enough body of work with what the article writer used for his study........which is a large sample size of intermediate to long throws.

But since you're already hating on Russell, he's probably got the most underrated arm in the league when it comes to strength and accuracy.........and he throws a beautiful deep ball. Unlike Kaepernick who after 15 yards likes to throw copious amounts of picks and overthrows.
the writer put Bortles on the list so Russ wasn't omitted for the reason you think.

Look at the trajectory on that ball Russ threw last season at Carolina. I'd put his arm up against just about anyone in the NFL and it comes with acuracy. Cutler on the other hand uses his NFL strongest arm to pelt defensive backs.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Wilson had the highest completion % of passes 20+ yds in the NFL last year. That puts him at #1, not some stupid media opinion.