Top NFC teams, who looks good?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2uw754qc said:
Hawk_Nation":2uw754qc said:
My sleeper NFC team going into this season is Washington. Some are doubting Cousins, but the addition of Norman and a killer WR corps, they could make good a run into the playoffs.

Their biggest issue seems to be the running game, they should have not let Morris walk with no solid backup plan.

Matt Jones is better than Morris. Jones just has to stay healthy

Well my prediction didn't pan out. Their running game will be suspect until' Jones can string a few good games together.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going with Carolina looking the best. Don't forget, Denver's defense is very close to as good as ours is. Carolina scored 20 on them, at their house, and were a missed FG away from winning that game.

GB looked good but not elite, but I can attribute that to the high temps and an improving Jags defense.

Agree on Tampa as a dark horse.

I think we looked like the best defense in the NFC if not the league this weekend, even with Thomas running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Miami got 222 yards, 80 of them on two plays, and our defense can actually improve on that performance.

Not too worried about the OL. We typically start slow, especially when most of our OL is playing a new position. Think on it: Britt's first game at Center, Glowinski's first game at LG (last year he had a whopping one start at RG), Webb is experienced, Gilliam is only in his 2nd year, and Sowell also doesn't have a lot of experience at LT, and none of it recently.

We're already miles ahead of last year. Look what our OL was capable of in the 2nd half of last year. Now look at how big and athletic they are. I'm salivating to think what our run game can become.

chris98251

Reaction score
People dumping on Seattle is funny, many saw what happened coming, Bevell playing not to lose until we have to win and starting out slow was a major topic, Pete is sucking all of you in and we got 5 more games for Bevell to get a clue again.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3i0zl1fb said:
Hasselbeck":3i0zl1fb said:
Hawk_Nation":3i0zl1fb said:
My sleeper NFC team going into this season is Washington. Some are doubting Cousins, but the addition of Norman and a killer WR corps, they could make good a run into the playoffs.

Their biggest issue seems to be the running game, they should have not let Morris walk with no solid backup plan.

Matt Jones is better than Morris. Jones just has to stay healthy

Well my prediction didn't pan out. Their running game will be suspect until' Jones can string a few good games together.

Jones seem like a cross between Eddie Lacey and Trent Richardson.....not very good. Until he proves it he is a dog compared to someone proven like Alfred Morris.

ptisme

Reaction score
hawker84":jssie4jh said:
dogorama":jssie4jh said:
hawker84":jssie4jh said:
Greenbay barely beat Jacksonville?

I'm confused by your comment, did I miss something?

You stated you thought GB looked the best, I responded in a questioning manner as to why, seeing how they barely beat Jacksonville....
You need to understand something: this Jacksonville team is good. Bortels is a hell of a young quarterback and they have lots of weapons and a decent line. Defense is emerging. To go down there and win in that oppressive heat/humidity was a gutty road win. They are NOT pushovers....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dogorama":3ejncvit said:
The Vikings affirmed what I suspected, i.e. they won't get far w/Hill at QB but I am intrigued by that defense. Everything depends on how well Bradford adapts to their offense and whether he can stay healthy.

Hill won't be the QB.

This team will be very good. A tough out in the playoffs.