Trade Wilson if he doesn't sign an extension this spring.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson has to be traded if he doesn't sign an extension this off season. The reason is simple he will walk if they don't and they get nothing . You can throw around franchise tag all you want but that's the reality. They should also fire Pete and John they have built this thing they are responsible for the steady decline i'm not giving JS a pass he's had his chances.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1wg1u2jz said:
Wilson has to be traded if he doesn't sign an extension this off season. The reason is simple he will walk if they don't and they get nothing . You can throw around franchise tag all you want but that's the reality. They should also fire Pete and John they have built this thing they are responsible for the steady decline i'm not giving JS a pass he's had his chances.

Ahh they will not talk to him about an extension since he will have 2 years left. so nothing will Happen this offense season as it relates to extension.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russell has a no trade clause in his contract. He's not going anywhere unless it's something he wants to do.

And I agree with the previous poster. Neither he nor the Hawks will re-negotiate a contract with 2+ years remaining.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Seahawks can bleed him dry if they want to they have him until 2023 when he will be 35. Then hit him with 3 more franchise tags until he is 38.

Tom Brady started to take shorter cheaper deals after 2013 his age 36 season. So that will be the real negation, and it might be with a new GM/Head Coach in place.

John63

Reaction score
sdog1981":39tidpn3 said:
The Seahawks can bleed him dry if they want to they have him until 2023 when he will be 35. Then hit him with 3 more franchise tags until he is 38.

Tom Brady started to take shorter cheaper deals after 2013 his age 36 season. So that will be the real negation, and it might be with a new GM/Head Coach in place.

They could try, but 1 the franchise tag would be at least 50mil.the first year of FT and go up alot after. Also there are other things that make tagging someone especially a QB 3 times stupid. Also what message are u sending other players. Then u also only get 1 FA tag per year. Guess whose contract comes up soon also...DK. Also if Wilson does not want to be here do you really want to keep him? That said if a new HC comea.in you also don't want to hamstring him with 50+ mill gone from jumo street. Truth be told its not a good idea.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Absolutely. Get capital back to reload with if he wants out. No way you can let him walk scot free.

Fade

Reaction score
It would be amazing if they could get something done.

1) It would lower his cap number drastically, giving even more cap space.

2) It would show he is committed long term.

3) Now you can lure big Free Agents to come to Seattle. Because they now know the QB isn't going anywhere.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":16xddmsz said:

3) Now you can lure big Free Agents to come to Seattle. Because they now know the QB isn't going anywhere.

It would be buy it would need to be done the right way. Unfortunately it's not PCs way.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Wilson will not throw another pass as a Seahawk!! BOOK IT!

Chapow

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2bx9txpn said:

Surely it must be more entertaining to troll Facebook or Twitter or something. I mean, this site probably has less than 100 active members that post at least somewhat regularly at this point.

RiverDog

Reaction score
John63":3hku8pur said:
Guess whose contract comes up soon also...DK. Also if Wilson does not want to be here do you really want to keep him? That said if a new HC comea.in you also don't want to hamstring him with 50+ mill gone from jumo street. Truth be told its not a good idea.

Which is one of the reasons why I advocate trading DK this season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":pg7ft30h said:

Free agents and trades got you into this mess.

First things first, get rid of Carroll.

A total rebuild needs to happen first.

Get rid of the head coach and work your way down through the front office execs, assistant coaches, scouts, and then players.

Rebuild the entire foundation. This is the correct order.

Greenhell

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3cdv24h6 said:
Fade":3cdv24h6 said:

Free agents and trades got you into this mess.

First things first, get rid of Carroll.

A total rebuild needs to happen first.

Get rid of the head coach and work your way down through the front office execs, assistant coaches, scouts, and then players.

Rebuild the entire foundation. This is the correct order.

This. We all have an idea that Carroll is the downfall of this team. Once he's gone we could really see what productivity Waldron's offense can put together. A new d-coordinator and coaches and I'm all for the rebuild. Russ has plenty of life in him to move this team into the future.

Rat

Reaction score
I'll bet a holdout is coming soon. He's probably in the late part of his prime years, and I'm sure he has taken notice of the contracts signed by Mahomes, Allen, Prescott, and soon Lamar Jackson. It's helping his leverage that the team is struggling without him.

Boycie

Reaction score
John63":2r8vqlrr said:
Fade":2r8vqlrr said:

It would be buy it would need to be done the right way. Unfortunately it's not PCs way.

That's why hopefully Vulcan sees it this way, and lets PC go. I mean who in their right mind would keep a 70 year old coach for another 4 years, and let a QB in his prime go? If Pete isn't gone, then you have to think Russ walks or demands a trade.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson has seen what a difference he makes.

More importantly, all the talking heads have and they are already building Wilson's brand on this.

Wilson might still be under contract but he has TONS of leverage.

Not sure he would pull a Harden or even a Simmons, but having an unmotivated or actively disgruntled QB that is literally responsible for 80% of your winning? Probably not a recipe for long term or even short term success.

Right now, the consensus seems to have shifted to Seattle being a dumpsterfire and only the greatness of Wilson was keeping us above water. That is admittedly good for the Wilson brand, so maybe he ends up OK with this.

But more likely, he starts chirping (not afraid of being the villain) because everyone already is recognizing him as the reason for wins.

But if HE believes this to be true as well, then he has to wonder what he would do with a good team and great or even good gameday coaching. That could lead to frustration and set in motion some things that will lead to a Pete or Me moment.

My concern is that Pete is the guy that will end up being able to make decision, because Vulcan won't bother with it. And the chance of Pete not picking himself in that power struggle is low.

But you never know. I never expected Wilson to sign another contract with us the first time. It made no sense then. Even worse with hindsight. But he did.

We got years of extra winning because of that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1vt0vdmx said:
K.J WRIGHT":1vt0vdmx said:
When he starts week 10 do you promise to return? doubt it lol

If he throws a pass this season you have to delete your account. Seriously, Mods can you delete his account this November?

Elemas

Reaction score
Retain Russ..even if it’s a tag later on.
Dump Pete.
Dump these delusional fans that still pump “Pete’s offense needs a game manager” and don’t appreciate greatness.
Take JS with you. Pete may have control but there’s no way JS. hasn’t co-signed some of these horrible picks and trades.

Not even talking about Adams. I’m still salty over the Graham and Unger trade. LJ over Sweat. Penny over Chubb.

I digress.

Russ 4 President.