Trades

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the salary cap reportedly going down this year, I am anticipating a much higher number of trades this offseason. In the past, trades have been few and far between. Most trades have basically revolved around the draft and draft position. With the Rams starting off the process by trading for Stafford, I really think we will see lots of player movement this way. FAs are going to be very disappointed that they won't be able to get what they think they are worth. We may also see a lot more one year prove it deals.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Griffin is already complaining on Twitter, so yes I think the trade market is going to be much more active vs free agent market.

With the lower cap, it makes more sense to trade players and their contracts hoping new teams and situations work out vs making a big free agent cap commitment.

Not sure how the Hawks fit into the trade market, but IMO we need to get draft picks back, so I hope we're active.

chris98251

Reaction score
I suspect very few trades, low level 1 year contracts, more cuts then trades actually as teams either try to re negotiate or cut, the market will be flooded at some point with 4 star players that had big contract numbers, 5 star guys will be signed but at a slow rate as not to over spend and still low level compared to other years.

1 year deals in hopes the league gets fans back next season is what a players agent should look at, Cap will go back up with fans back in the stands.

Players are going to balk at this, they know it's reality but they also are going to be saying why should I take less if they are told they are worth so many dollars by their agents and mediots.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Lockett get traded. He’s a stud WR, that would be a nice security blanket for a developing QB (Dolphins?). Would free up enough cash to make a couple small moves. Other than that I am not sure we have anything moveable that will fetch anything decent. Duane Brown may fall in that restructure or else camp. If they move Brown and Lockett the cap really wouldn’t be an issue for next year. I want to be clear, I love both players and I don’t want to lose either.

Latest posts