Trailblazers fire 3/4ths of broadcast team

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3j7iqyw6 said:
Kevin Calabro has been hired. So there's another stick in the eye for sonic fans. Now I'm hoping and praying for bill Walton as his partner.
How can it be a stick in the eye when we don't have a team??? KC has been doing national broadcasts since Stern and Clay Clay stole the Sonics. Seattle isn't getting an NBA team for at least another decade if not ever, so why not get a gig with the next closest market? KC Is the best NBA play by play guy IMHO. Absolutely great hire for the Blazers.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2tjb29iq said:
JSeahawks":2tjb29iq said:
Kevin Calabro has been hired. So there's another stick in the eye for sonic fans. Now I'm hoping and praying for bill Walton as his partner.
How can it be a stick in the eye when we don't have a team??? KC has been doing national broadcasts since Stern and Clay Clay stole the Sonics. Seattle isn't getting an NBA team for at least another decade if not ever, so why not get a gig with the next closest market? KC Is the best NBA play by play guy IMHO. Absolutely great hire for the Blazers.

We currently don't have a team but we're still Sonics fans, that's the one thing they can't take from us. For many of us Sonics fans the Blazers were our hated rival. Great hire for the Blazers and wish nothing but the best for him. But for me it's like Steve Raible going to the 49ers.

CPHawk

Reaction score
86Hawk":2642u4ba said:
Sports Hernia":2642u4ba said:
JSeahawks":2642u4ba said:

We currently don't have a team but we're still Sonics fans, that's the one thing they can't take from us. For many of us Sonics fans the Blazers were our hated rival. Great hire for the Blazers and wish nothing but the best for him. But for me it's like Steve Raible going to the 49ers.

Growing up as a Blazers fan, I never viewed the Sonics as the hated rival. That was, and always will be the Lakers. If not for the NBA stealing two game 6 from Portland vs the Lakers, Porland would have been to two more finals and would have surely beaten Indian for a 2nd title. F you David Stern for rigging the games.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":32al5ha9 said:
Growing up as a Blazers fan, I never viewed the Sonics as the hated rival. That was, and always will be the Lakers. If not for the NBA stealing two game 6 from Portland vs the Lakers, Porland would have been to two more finals and would have surely beaten Indian for a 2nd title. F you David Stern for rigging the games.

Agreed. Lakers were always the most hated. Then Utah with Malone and Stockton. Seattle was 3rd.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
CPHawk":92qtqrof said:
86Hawk":92qtqrof said:
Sports Hernia":92qtqrof said:
JSeahawks":92qtqrof said:

Totally agreed. Grew up in Vancouver -- my first two favorite professional athletes were Bill Walton and Slick Watts. The rivalry has never really done that much for me, either.

And yeah, if NBC/NBA weren't so damn desperate to have had a Magic vs. Michael final back in '91, Jordan would only have five rings.

Atradees

Reaction score
I wish they would pair Kevin Calabro with PJ Carlesimo. The last broadcast crew was well.....you know.

PJ was a great coach and a better radio personality.

Yes, we nearly beat Jordan And Shaq teams. Jordan wasnt a mercenary.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Atradees":23zvbr6a said:
I wish they would pair Kevin Calabro with PJ Carlesimo. The last broadcast crew was well.....you know.

PJ was a great coach and a better radio personality.

Yes, we nearly beat Jordan And Shaq teams. Jordan wasnt a mercenary.
The Blazers should try to land Marques Johnson as well to their broadcast team.
KC and MJ were pure magic when they worked together in Seattle, teaming them both with Wheels you'd have the best announcing/broadcast crew in all of sports.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't mind KC going to Portland while Seattle has no team. Portland fans just better hope they don't get too attached to him, because he will be back in Seattle when they finally get another NBA team.

CPHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3os37xeq said:
I don't mind KC going to Portland while Seattle has no team. Portland fans just better hope they don't get too attached to him, because he will be back in Seattle when they finally get another NBA team.

KC is 60, do you think he'll be doing games still when he's 75-80? I wanted the Sonics and an NHL team back in Seattle as much as anyone, but at this point I'd almost bet Vegas gets a NBA team first.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CPHawk":whfnw97v said:
fenderbender123":whfnw97v said:

KC is 60, do you think he'll be doing games still when he's 75-80? I wanted the Sonics and an NHL team back in Seattle as much as anyone, but at this point I'd almost bet Vegas gets a NBA team first.
:ditto: Sadly I just don't see the NBA in Seattle very soon given the political climate in the city. Now if Bellevue, Renton were to step up, then it might increase the chances.