Training Camp Question???

liftingaddict

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Lifelong Seahawks fan here! I just recently returned home from Afghanistan and am located in Ohio, I am headed out to Seattle from August 13th - August 20th and have already purchased tickets to attend their preseason game versus the Broncos. I would like to snag a few autographs for some items in my man cave and was considering attending their last training camp on August 14th. I was wondering what time their training camp usually ends so I can try and get there to get a few autographs of my favorite Seahawks.

Thanks guys,

Tyler

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome home and to Seahawks.net

Someone here will be able to answer your questions I'm sure.

:th2thumbs:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you DON'T have tickets to attend camp that day, right? Your plan is to head to VMAC and wait for players leaving? All the camp practices are sold out, so I'm just curious.

If that's the case...it's really hard to say. After practice they go to meetings and usually to lift, so it would be quite awhile before anyone leaves the facility.

Not to mention I don't know how viable it is to stand out on the road and flag down cars leaving, lol.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah without registration to that camp it's going to be hard to get any autographs I'd say.

Since camp is already sold out you may want to ask around and have people let you know if they aren't going to end up going and seeing if you can snag their registration. They will just need to fill out this form and give them your name and email address to transfer the registration to you:

http://bingtrainingcamp.seahawks.com/contact.html

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Barthawk":2bx1zuk4 said:
Tyler,

PM me and I will put you in touch with the military relations guy.. Should not be a problem to get a ticket for Camp..

The Hawks may have a "special place" for Active military and intentionally direct players to that area to sign autographs.

OP
OP
liftingaddict

liftingaddict

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! I am bummed to hear that all the practices have been sold out, hopefully I can work something out where I can stop by.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the camp dates were booked before camp even started. Your best bet would be to heed Barthawk's advice. Get in contact with him as soon as possible.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
liftingaddict":2mac4lrk said:
Hey everyone! Lifelong Seahawks fan here! I just recently returned home from Afghanistan and am located in Ohio, I am headed out to Seattle from August 13th - August 20th and have already purchased tickets to attend their preseason game versus the Broncos. I would like to snag a few autographs for some items in my man cave and was considering attending their last training camp on August 14th. I was wondering what time their training camp usually ends so I can try and get there to get a few autographs of my favorite Seahawks.

Thanks guys,

Tyler

I just came back from my first training camp. Training camp ends promptly 2 hours from start time. So in my case practice started at 1 pm, so practice ended at 2 pm. I started lining up towards the gates at 1:45, but some people were there from the start. I was maybe 2 people back,but it surprisingly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to get to the front.

I lined up around the 30 yard line closest to the VMAC, and was able to get about 8/10 people/players doing autographs. Others either didn't make it over to me or skipped me in the madness :(.

Anyway, so here's the thing. When you finally get to the gate (cus people believe it or not do move to chase other people down who are doing autographs in other areas). You take a risk. You give up your spot, and by the time you get to that player/person/coach he either will be where you were originally, or running back to the VMAC for the post-practice meeting. In some cases it works to hunt them down. In other cases, it worked against you (from the others I talked to around me). I just stuck in my spot. I was able to get people like Pete, KJ Wright, and Bobby Wagner. However I missed out on Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson who only signed to an area on my left and right and did not really work down the line. Had I left my spot, I'm not even sure if I would have pulled it off.

Anyway, you'll get autographs, but probably not all of them. Just be kind and courteous to those around you. Especially the little kiddos, some of them got damn near shoved through the gates... They were not signing any autographs during the practice I was at, only after. So personally I wouldn't spend 2 hours standing at the gate.

OP
OP
liftingaddict

liftingaddict

Reaction score
Thanks for the informative read! I just found out my fiance and I will be attending training camp! Thanks so much Bart!

ZagHawk":qbhckkc6 said:
liftingaddict":qbhckkc6 said:

Thanks guys,

Tyler

I just came back from my first training camp. Training camp ends promptly 2 hours from start time. So in my case practice started at 1 pm, so practice ended at 2 pm. I started lining up towards the gates at 1:45, but some people were there from the start. I was maybe 2 people back,but it surprisingly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to get to the front.

I lined up around the 30 yard line closest to the VMAC, and was able to get about 8/10 people/players doing autographs. Others either didn't make it over to me or skipped me in the madness :(.

Anyway, so here's the thing. When you finally get to the gate (cus people believe it or not do move to chase other people down who are doing autographs in other areas). You take a risk. You give up your spot, and by the time you get to that player/person/coach he either will be where you were originally, or running back to the VMAC for the post-practice meeting. In some cases it works to hunt them down. In other cases, it worked against you (from the others I talked to around me). I just stuck in my spot. I was able to get people like Pete, KJ Wright, and Bobby Wagner. However I missed out on Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson who only signed to an area on my left and right and did not really work down the line. Had I left my spot, I'm not even sure if I would have pulled it off.

Anyway, you'll get autographs, but probably not all of them. Just be kind and courteous to those around you. Especially the little kiddos, some of them got damn near shoved through the gates... They were not signing any autographs during the practice I was at, only after. So personally I wouldn't spend 2 hours standing at the gate.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Good job guys, getting this fellow hooked up. A whole lot of crap gets slung up in here. (mostly in fun), but it made My heart feel good to see y'all jump to help the guy out. For what it's worth, thanks from me.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Btw change my line up time to 2:45 practice ended at 3, 2 hrs after 1. Apparently I can't do math ;)

Latest posts