Tre Brown, one day to be known as the best CB

keasley45

Reaction score
to ever lace them up for the Hawks.

Premature? Absolutley. But you can't ignore the intangible qualities this guy seems to have. He's got that 'it' that transcends pure athleticism and xs and os knowledge.

https://youtu.be/l6DRJCw16Qw

Very excited about the combo of him, Taylor, Brooks, Diggs, Blair (hope you can make it back 100%) Adams and Woods. That's a pretty solid young core - a group that can finally start to create their own legacy in Seattle. The best part - they're all 'dog'!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he better talk to the person that wore that 22 jersey first, Dave Brown, then you have Sherman, Springs, Trufant, thats just a start.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Almost zero chance.

If he comes anywhere close to Patrick Hunter or Dwayne Harper, I will be happy.

But Sherman was good in Yr 1. He isn't going to edge out Sherman.

It would be amazing but unlikely.

Not going to be better than Springs or Brown. Probably not even Hunter or Harper, but just a freaking decent effective corner is fine with me.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":80evg1rw said:
Almost zero chance.

If he comes anywhere close to Patrick Hunter or Dwayne Harper, I will be happy.

But Sherman was good in Yr 1. He isn't going to edge out Sherman.

It would be amazing but unlikely.

Not going to be better than Springs or Brown. Probably not even Hunter or Harper, but just a freaking decent effective corner is fine with me.

I think he's already shown he can be better than decent / effective. B Maxwell was decent / effective.

Time will tell.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Are we talking about the Tre Brown who has 5 NFL games under his belt? The same Tre Brown with 10 career tackles and 1 pass defensed? I think recency bias and a comparison to the play of one Tre Flowers could be skewing the hype of Brown. He flashed in his limited playing time but we have to remember that he was a 4th round pick. I know Sherman was a 5th rounder but still. I have high hopes for Brown, and hope that his limited playing time was a microcosm of what he brings to the table and not something else.

If he goes down as one of the best Seahawks CBs ever then awesome. If he is serviceable and provides a steady presence for a few years then I'm fine with that too.

nwHawk

Reaction score
First off, I think he’ll be a very good player. Best ever is probably a reach, but hey, I’d rather focus on the positives and future rather than piss and moan about the past. Ignore the noise Tre, just be you and you’ll have a fine career.

seabowl

Reaction score
Today:

Four years ago:
Tre Flowers, one day to be known as the best CB

toffee

Reaction score
seabowl":3ezp39dp said:
Today:

Four years ago:

lol, Tre Flowers did good in the playoff game, he is not useless.

raisethe3

Reaction score
seabowl":3cexk6mo said:
Today:

Four years ago:

Don't forget there was talk about Tharold Simon too.

2013 Tharold Simon will be known as the best CB (according to Sherman)

2022 Tharold Simon: Out of job.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I think he could be the best corner on the team next year or the year after.

I don't think he'll be the best of all time, but I hope you're right

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1w4kptog said:
I think he could be the best corner on the team next year or the year after.

I don't think he'll be the best of all time, but I hope you're right

I'm putting money on it.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Sherman is one of the CBs to ever play the game. I sure hope you’re right, but it is incredibly unlikely.

Elemas

Reaction score
He’s got a bright future ahead. I too believe he’ll be the best corner on our team next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear that people haven't forgotten this guy. He showed a ton of potential and will likely end up being another great draft pick. Yes, they actually DO make good draft picks sometimes :irishdrinkers:

And comparing him to Flowers is laughable. Flowers was brutal. This kid is going to be a hell of a player.

morgulon1

Reaction score
chris98251":2t25g92e said:
Well he better talk to the person that wore that 22 jersey first, Dave Brown, then you have Sherman, Springs, Trufant, thats just a start.

Don't forget Julius Jones !!! Hahaha

Jville

Reaction score
keasley45":3ubx0syu said:

Premature? Absolutley. But you can't ignore the intangible qualities this guy seems to have. He's got that 'it' that transcends pure athleticism and xs and os knowledge.

Very excited about the combo of him, Taylor, Brooks, Diggs, Blair (hope you can make it back 100%) Adams and Woods. That's a pretty solid young core - a group that can finally start to create their own legacy in Seattle. The best part - they're all 'dog'!

Enjoyed the "Big Play Trey" story. Certainly worth clicking on the link.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The problem is players have a very hard time coming back from Patellar tendon injuries. Most players lose their speed with that injury too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
keasley45":1j3ivy85 said:

I'm down with this! Maybe not quite "Best Ever," but I Love the boldness of the statement, and think Tre Brown will end up Top 10 All-Time Seahawks CB. He has the smarts, having ran several routes for the WRs this year... As a Rookie! He has the speed and agility, and as the OP stated, the intangibles!

What are intangibles? It's the 6th Sense a player, or anyone else develops by being tuned in to their chosen profession from an early age. You've heard of "Muscle Memory." What your muscles learn to do without your applying thought to it, from repeated "cycles" of response to a particular input.

That's what intangibles are, a combination of muscle memory and a natural/unnatural thought process that takes zero time, thus eliciting a "zero-time" response, which will always beat a split-second response.

Tre will be our top Corner next year, and should make the Seahawks DB Coaching, and Defensive Coordinator jobs very attractive.