Tre Flowers is Kelly Jennings 2.0

King Dog

Reaction score
I read all these stories from the Hawks beat reporters about Flowers turning the corner in year four of camp and he gets sliced and diced by Nate (wait for it) Peterman... Not good. Time to go shopping boys, if he's the best we have for a #2. Same old Flowers.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Agreed. All of these reports and podcasts raving about Flowers and he went out there and looked lost on game day.

Give Ryan Neal or Tre Brown reps over Flowers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah the pre-game show was pumping up Flowers big time.
If the guy can’t get his head turned to play the ball none of the rest matters.

Cut him and let Jerruh pick him and he can g o be horrible for the Cowboys.

knownone

Reaction score
Maulbert":3sfe9wuc said:
No, he's not. Jennings was a 1st rounder. Flowers is a 5th rounder. If he fails, it didn't cost us much.
This. And Flowers actually looks like a professional football player on the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":2ktbkn73 said:
Maulbert":2ktbkn73 said:
No, he's not. Jennings was a 1st rounder. Flowers is a 5th rounder. If he fails, it didn't cost us much.
This. And Flowers actually looks like a professional football player on the field.
Size wise yes. That’s where it ends.

balakoth

Reaction score
So ... Tre flowers... he plays off ball. DUE TO DESIGN FROM THE COORDINATOR

Yet some how you blame him for the idiotic scheme

I hope he gets to go to a team that has a DC who knows how to use CBs..

Yep Tre flowers decides to play 10 yards off ball. Some of you.. might be related to Kermit the Frog honestly

balakoth

Reaction score
Actually I hope he goes to a team who has a competent DC Period

Bash Norton all day long yet some how its the players fault.. we get it.. drink beer in your recliner and yappp about diddly

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
please let us not see Flowers every play again this year! I don't know what they see in this guys?!

Elemas

Reaction score
Not seeing the ball every time you get burnt is also part of the scheme…..

He’s not being used differently or playing like he’s playing, has played, and will likely continue to play because of a DC or anyone else except Tre Flowers.

Maybe he’d shine back at safety but, he’s not the answer for what this team wants him to do.

This isn’t a head scratcher boys…

getnasty

Reaction score
Not the best showing for Flowers unfortunately his competition Witherspoon was even worse in my opinion. Those two are definitely guys that will do better in press getting there hands on guys and if i remember right Norton went that direction later in the year. There both your average NFL cornerback we've just been spoiled in the past.

Tokadub

Reaction score
King Dog":sg5o5qaw said:
I read all these stories from the Hawks beat reporters about Flowers turning the corner in year four of camp and he gets sliced and diced by Nate (wait for it) Peterman... Not good. Time to go shopping boys, if he's the best we have for a #2. Same old Flowers.

He has sucked from day 1.

He's NEVER looked good for a whole season. Maybe 1 play in a blue moon.

He can't even get a hand up when he has good position on that first big pass... He looks like he's smoking the ganja or something... How can you not know to raise your hand in that situation...

He's a bust imo.

Brandon Browner went under the radar compared to the rest of the Legion of Boom but he was 10x the player of Flowers.

Tokadub

Reaction score
getnasty":wzd4b7zx said:
Not the best showing for Flowers unfortunately his competition Witherspoon was even worse in my opinion. Those two are definitely guys that will do better in press getting there hands on guys and if i remember right Norton went that direction later in the year. There both your average NFL cornerback we've just been spoiled in the past.

Flowers is below average imo, always has been. Maybe he can prove me wrong this season but I doubt it.

Tokadub

Reaction score
balakoth":evbog05t said:
So ... Tre flowers... he plays off ball. DUE TO DESIGN FROM THE COORDINATOR

Yet some how you blame him for the idiotic scheme

I hope he gets to go to a team that has a DC who knows how to use CBs..

Yep Tre flowers decides to play 10 yards off ball. Some of you.. might be related to Kermit the Frog honestly

Did you see the first big reception? He was pressing the receiver with perfect position and looked like he was trying to give him a kiss instead of raising an arm to block the ball...

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Tokadub":2wfhz522 said:
getnasty":2wfhz522 said:

Flowers is below average imo, always has been. Maybe he can prove me wrong this season but I doubt it.

That's about it. We know what he is at this point. Seems somewhat foolish to have different expectations.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I think the OP was comparing Flowers to Jennings in regards to his inability to get his head around when in coverage.

Bringing up their draft position really has nothing to do with pointing out a weakness of his game

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jerhawk":blyf4642 said:
I think the OP was comparing Flowers to Jennings in regards to his inability to get his head around when in coverage.

Bringing up their draft position really has nothing to do with pointing out a weakness of his game

They really have nothing to do with each other at all. Bringing up Jennings is just a easy way to get fans riled up.

Compare him to Tharold Simon. It’s a better comp.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Basis4day":29siceii said:
Jerhawk":29siceii said:

They really have nothing to do with each other at all. Bringing up Jennings is just a easy way to get fans riled up.

Compare him to Tharold Simon. It’s a better comp.

The Simon comp is maybe better overall, but as stated, one glaring weakness Jennings shared with Flowers is the perpetual inability to react when the ball was on it's way.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
King Dog":2nzkgz23 said:

Sliced and diced? Garbage. Gave up the sideline catch without turning around. Gave up a 5 yd slant playing 10 yards off a bunch grouping. Not to mention peterman is a very capable back up. I didnt see anything that was aside the norm for flowers besides giving up a pass play of more than 20 yards. Which he hardly does. Not worried. Witherspoon looks like dunbar. Not good enough in our defense. I would give brown tons of reps going forward. Might as well. Heslop also.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
31 players were held out of the game and the defense was plain vanilla. I'm gonna go with the body of work vs. this game, which was a truly useless thing to try to get any information out of regarding how the real team will look.

Latest posts