Tre Mcbride sleeper treat :)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
two dog":330xlpz8 said:
I'll tell you how much of a sleeper McBride is. If you want him in the second, you are probably will have
to trade up. Dorsett, Agholor, Lockett then McBride. Just a guess but this time of year that's what we do.

That's OK. Not many low picks make our strong roster anyways.

1st. Jalen strong
2nd McBride with a trade up.
Then a bunch of camp bodies.

See that was easy :)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kn193h1 said:
hawksurething":2kn193h1 said:
pehawk":2kn193h1 said:
If hawkssurething likes him, so do I. It's as simple as that.

Dude's been a godsend to this board and 12's in general. Knowledgeable, unflinching, straight-shooting analysis this place has never seen.

Count me in on McBride AND anything this dude cosigns.

Thank you so much !

I thank all of you who have given good info & insight that I learn from too on this board.

I have learned so much about DTs that I did not know about like being top heavy with skinny legs = bad knees. & CBs for our single high safety defense need to meet the 32 inch arm length requirement :)

Its amazing how much the 12th man's consciousness can evolve when we have people chipping in,instead of just want average for our hawks or just act dismissive to proven less flawed talent.saying stuff like old news when all news becomes old or it is irrelevant when all things are relevant is caveman thinking...WE ARE THE 12s THE SMARTEST CITY IN THE USA & soon our fans will be the smartest in football since we have so many fans from all over the world who may not know much about football.

Heck even Pete Carroll & bilicheat is still learning. :)

Go Hawks !!!
FYI, hawksurething, Pehawk is easily the least respected member of this board. He was seriously pissed a couple years ago that the Niners got AJ Jenkins in the first round, and we didn't. He called AJ the next Bad Moon Rison, which is both inaccurate and a bit hacky. He wanted Mora to get another year, thought Locklear should play center, and was adamant that Obamanu should have been starting over DJ Hackett.

Pehawk is not the ally you want. He will hold you back eventually.

Well that was then,this is now where I'm teaching the 12th man how to pick sure WR 100% :)

Hopefully He won't make that mistake again. Whole organizations make that mistake. Hawks miss on WR too. But I never miss.

Also the truth is my ally ;)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1mz47bz7 said:
ivotuk":1mz47bz7 said:

Well, lets knock down the 4th wall here...theENGLISH grifts all his WR related ideas from hawksurthing. I mean, he should be anyways, if he wants more clicks on his site.

I like Austin's idea about the disciple thing. I'm pretty sure hawkssurething could restore Coleman's eyesite and turn Gatorade into malt liquor...just like Jesus.

Wait...Coleman is blind now too? We're never going to win the Owl with Helen Keller 2.0 at FB. Blitzer's going to kick that stool over once and for all.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksurething":3pjkgzy9 said:
Scottemojo":3pjkgzy9 said:
FYI, hawksurething, Pehawk is easily the least respected member of this board. He was seriously pissed a couple years ago that the Niners got AJ Jenkins in the first round, and we didn't. He called AJ the next Bad Moon Rison, which is both inaccurate and a bit hacky. He wanted Mora to get another year, thought Locklear should play center, and was adamant that Obamanu should have been starting over DJ Hackett.

Well that was then,this is now where I'm teaching the 12th man how to pick sure WR 100% :)

Hopefully He won't make that mistake again. Whole organizations make that mistake. Hawks miss on WR too. But I never miss.

Can you do me a favor and post, say, a top ten of WR's you like in this draft class. Not where they will be drafted, but who you think will be the best.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3h4qdpat said:
hawksurething":3h4qdpat said:
pehawk":3h4qdpat said:
If hawkssurething likes him, so do I. It's as simple as that.

Dude's been a godsend to this board and 12's in general. Knowledgeable, unflinching, straight-shooting analysis this place has never seen.

Count me in on McBride AND anything this dude cosigns.

Thank you so much !

I thank all of you who have given good info & insight that I learn from too on this board.

I have learned so much about DTs that I did not know about like being top heavy with skinny legs = bad knees. & CBs for our single high safety defense need to meet the 32 inch arm length requirement :)

Its amazing how much the 12th man's consciousness can evolve when we have people chipping in,instead of just want average for our hawks or just act dismissive to proven less flawed talent.saying stuff like old news when all news becomes old or it is irrelevant when all things are relevant is caveman thinking...WE ARE THE 12s THE SMARTEST CITY IN THE USA & soon our fans will be the smartest in football since we have so many fans from all over the world who may not know much about football.

Go Hawks !!!

None of this is true hawkssurething. Even if it was true, which it most certainly isn't, my "surething" was Karston Bailey and Taco Wallace. I had high hopes for those two. According to my projections each would still be here, averaging 900 yds receiving per year. Which is I've ditched my own opinions and firmly planted myself on the coattails of you, hawkssurething.

Scotte lifts all his stuff from the poster "General Manager" and he once called Jimmy Clausen "the great white Rodney Peete".

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":3309zavj said:
hawksurething":3309zavj said:
Scottemojo":3309zavj said:

Can you do me a favor and post, say, a top ten of WR's you like in this draft class. Not where they will be drafted, but who you think will be the best.

Sure can name my top 10 in this weakest WR class in the past 3 years... Heck I can name 13.

1.White size to go with other good stuff. Routes are just OK.
2.Cooper great routes. he just lacks size & speed for his height.
3.Parker the jump ball reciever,great hands. Lacks speed but like cooper is still a 4.4 guy. Eh routes he tips the CB off.
4.Jalen Strong good size,Great hands,decent speed for his size,when jump balls even with guys hanging in him. OK routes.

2nd rounders...
5. Mcbride he has it all accept size & speed for his size. 4.41 at 6'0. Should be a 4.38 or lower but he is still fast enuff.
6.Conely 4.35,jump ball,good routes. He gets off the press just OK though.argh.

This is where it gets even more iffy...
7.Dorrsett 4.33 speed,quick,attacks ball. He is just little & might struggle getting off the press ? McBride could be better ?
8. Beckham 6'6 4.49. He decent at stuff,but his character could make him bust.(talent wise he is good enuff). Not physical.
9. Perriman has lots of good stuff. But darn his hands are bad. If he can catch the ball like strong & parker he be top 5 !

Slot guys...
10. Lockett good. Just lacks size & struggles with press.

11.agholor good at a lot of stuff. A little speed & lacks size.,same with press issues. He'll be a good slot WR/KR too.

Bounus jump ball WRs...
12 Waller 6'6 is a good small hands WR. He just needs to learn how to use his body to shield CBs and fix routes.#2WR.
13. Bell good #2WR good hands,but dude is skinny might not hold up,he is all muscle though. He is fast 4.38 & varies his speed. He is sort of straight lineish.

So now you have my top WRs off this weak draft. Book it for next year. So you can say I'm was wrong about my top 4 if I am.(quote me cause you know I like to edit with my touch screen messing up).

Anything under 4 is a huge gamble with the low grades in this years draft. Even white & Cooper are low graded compared to other years. ;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":10vsh8t1 said:
Scottemojo":10vsh8t1 said:
hawksurething":10vsh8t1 said:
Thank you so much !

Go Hawks !!!

None of this is true hawkssurething. Even if it was true, which it most certainly isn't, my "surething" was Karston Bailey and Taco Wallace. I had high hopes for those two. According to my projections each would still be here, averaging 900 yds receiving per year. Which is I've ditched my own opinions and firmly planted myself on the coattails of you, hawkssurething.

Scotte lifts all his stuff from the poster "General Manager" and he once called Jimmy Clausen "the great white Rodney Peete".
If Clausen was with Bevell, I would be right. You can't account for bad coaching on a stat sheet, jerkwad. Yeah, I attacked a poster, what you gonna do about it? Tell a Mod?

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tmai897 said:
pehawk":1tmai897 said:
Scottemojo":1tmai897 said:
hawksurething":1tmai897 said:
Thank you so much !

Go Hawks !!!

If Clausen was with Bevell, I would be right. You can't account for bad coaching on a stat sheet, jerkwad. Yeah, I attacked a poster, what you gonna do about it? Tell a Mod?

Tell a mod? There's one mod for every two posters.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
OK guys leave pehawk alone. Every gets to evolve to become more wise. It is how God made us humans who may error...but supposed to learn from our mistakes.

Hawks have learned the needs real WRs after the Superbowl. They learned not to pick little WRs in free agency to be #1 WRs.
They learned to draft WR that are big strong & demand double coverage.so its better to trade up in the 1st round for blue chipWRs or the best the draft has to offer.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":lpj8kjne said:
OK guys leave pehawk alone. Every gets to evolve to become more wise. It is how God made us humans who may error...but supposed to learn from our mistakes.

Hawks have learned the needs real WRs after the Superbowl. They learned not to pick little WRs in free agency to be #1 WRs.
They learned to draft WR that are big strong & demand double coverage.so its better to trade up in the 1st round for blue chipWRs or the best the draft has to offer.

Thank you for that. I can learn a lot from you. The biggest thing I could learn is sticking up for myself and assertiveness. All these guys mock and steamroll right over me.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":27rsu7iw said:
Sure can name my top 10 in this weakest WR class in the past 3 years
Even white & Cooper are low graded compared to other years

You can't say you never miss on receivers and then say the 2013 WR class is better than this years. That class was horrible. Tons of misses and only two receivers (Hopkins and Allen) that can be consider above average at this point in their careers.

I'm taking this class over 2012, too. Better talent at the top and upside and depth throughout.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":31sn1m5y said:
ImTheScientist":31sn1m5y said:
He's been on the radar for some time by my plenty. Not a sleeper

Every WR in the draft is on radar...I'm speaking of not going in the 1st round.

2 nd round is the sleeper round that teams passed up & get much less money due to it. Sleeper money. Lol

lol at calling a 2nd round pick a "sleeper"

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":31ah1tqj said:
hawksurething":31ah1tqj said:

You can't say you never miss on receivers and then say the 2013 WR class is better than this years. That class was horrible. Tons of misses and only two receivers (Hopkins and Allen) that can be consider above average at this point in their careers.

I'm taking this class over 2012, too. Better talent at the top and upside and depth throughout.

Go look at my this is the worst draft in 5 years thread...it will show you the grades of each year.

No with that in mind... Remember I'm speaking only of top talent as like like to be 100% sure in my picks. Hopkins & Allen was can't miss. There is still WRs left from that class that got stuck behind killer WR corps or were just injured. Patton is one of them he is a good #2 WR that can be our #1 easy.

Austin & Patterson were just move weapons like Harvin...not good WRs by any means.

But Stills,bailey,woods,weaton, T.Williams. any of them can be hawks #1.

Even dobosn & hunter is good they just need playing time or a good QB.

Heck look at what Charles Johnson is doing with vikes when he got his chance ? And he was bottom of that draft.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2011

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#d ... n-input:wr

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#d ... n-input:wr

2011 & 2013 were light out in top end talent and depth.

2012 had wright,Jefferys,Hilton,mjones,Sanu,toon,randle,floydd,quick. And blackmon who was going to be a bad egg before the draft it said. But no questions in his talent.

Its why I put Beckham so low.

Randle is good he just needs proper system & QB. While hill was never going to be good on his profile he was just big and fast with bad hands. Yuck !

This is why I don't miss...I chose only the most complete NFL ready WRs,instead of just potential. They must have either size,physical jump ball ability,catch radius & big great hands. Or little with speed,quickness,great routes,and still jump ball physicality for their little size like Odell Beckham.

I will choose mike evans over Watkins every time.

But I will also choose O.Beckham over Watkins & Benjamin every time.

Ofcourse i have a natural knack for choosing right like travaris on coin tosses. Lol. But i hope yall can see a little of my patterns ? :)

I do all for the 12th man. Go hawks !

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":2aoh1kr0 said:
Recon_Hawk":2aoh1kr0 said:
hawksurething":2aoh1kr0 said:

Go look at my this is the worst draft in 5 years thread...it will show you the grades of each year.

No with that in mind... Remember I'm speaking only of top talent as like like to be 100% sure in my picks. Hopkins & Allen was can't miss. There is still WRs left from that class that got stuck behind killer WR corps or were just injured. Patton is one of them he is a good #2 WR that can be our #1 easy.

Austin & Patterson were just move weapons like Harvin...not good WRs by any means.

Heck look at what Charles Johnson is doing with vikes when he got his chance ? And he was bottom of that draft.

The list of players you have as #1s on this team, some of those weren't even #1s on their own team in college. They are barely #2s or #3s on their own team in the NFL. There are at least 5 guys on the first two rounds who be #1s on their team and even more who who can be #1 receivers for Seattle by the end of the year.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":kjghcnnl said:
hawksurething":kjghcnnl said:
Recon_Hawk":kjghcnnl said:
hawksurething":kjghcnnl said:

The list of players you have as #1s on this team, some of those weren't even #1s on their own team in college. They are barely #2s or #3s on their own team in the NFL. There are at least 5 guys on the first two rounds who be #1s on their team and even more who who can be #1 receivers for Seattle by the end of the year.

Yes. They are on loaded WR corps which sucks for them because they sure have the talent To be #1 & #2 WRs.

Its sad that if they come to the hawks the become #1s. Stills,woods,Bailey,Williams even though they are really #2 WRs in the nfl standards & can all beat out Baldwin. Even hunter Might be able to on the outside ?

Dobson is a good low end #1 with the potential to be high end. Pats playbook is so complicated that even chad Johnson was lost. Plus dob is in bill's doghouse & injured a lot. Sigh for him,but he was just a 2nd rounder so no biggie.

Shame our WR corp is not even good enough to be drafted. :( (though they have played admirably being thrusted into roles they are not fit for). :)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
You wont find me arguing that this WR corp is weak. I'd take any of those players and actually liked a few of them in college, but that doesn't mean being the were better coming out of college than where Baldwin is at now or that they are better than the WRs in this class.

If we did a side by side comparison of the two classes I don't see how you could have those guys ahead of this group. Only a few of the receivers in 2013 had #1 upside potential and that included a couple top receivers who needed a lot of polish to their game.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1c996ifw said:
You wont find me arguing that this WR corp is weak. I'd take any of those players and actually liked a few of them in college, but that doesn't mean being the were better coming out of college than where Baldwin is at now or that they are better than the WRs in this class.

If we did a side by side comparison of the two classes I don't see how you could have those guys ahead of this group. Only a few of the receivers in 2013 had #1 upside potential and that included a couple top receivers who needed a lot of polish to their game.

McBride is definatley a #2 WR with the potential to be a #1. Especially with the hawks with no comp ahead of him.

You have to remember any WRs I speak of after the top 3-4 in the draft boards are just #2-3s with the potential to develop into #1s.

I stay at 100% correct picks by picking only the best most complete WRs with out horrible flaws like too many dropped ball(unless is just focus drops),body catchers,and the inability to get off the press with ease.

If they are 6'2 they can run round routes & be slower the bigger they are but must win jump balls,big hands,physical & own the red zone.

Small guys must run great routes,be quick,fast,great hands,big hands,vert,attack the ball and take a hit.

Example Hopkins & Allen were sure thing #1 WRs in 3 years...they just developed even faster.

Evans & Beckham sure things. Benjamin was going to score TDs,but drop balls that did not matter much cause he would surly make up for it . Watkins was a athelite but I did not like him over these 3.(though he has the 3rd most potential next to Evans & O ).

But 2015 WRs have more huge holes in their game like the amazing Cooper dropping balls at 6'1,does not like to get hit,not a jump ball guy much,needs to shield the guys with his body,and he stops his routes which is a no no that cause INTs,etc...

Do you see where I'm coming from ?