Troymaine Pope

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Whoa. Epic post Spleenhawk.

It makes Thomas Rawls' success that much more amazing. He's like the Richard Sherman of RBs.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Atradees":33fll7m7 said:
That was my point when I complained about drafting all these RBs. A good free agent can be found at the position.
Top college Olineman were still available. Pope looks he has some tools.

Yeah, this kind of echoes my thoughts. I don't know why we spent so much draft capital on RB's (Prosise, Collins, Brooks) when we really needed some prospects on the OL. Specifically, we needed help at Tackle and it looks like we took a Guard.

Ah, well. I love the FO but I can't figure them out sometimes. Bottom line is that if the OL gels and plays well this season, it's all good. If not, I'll be scratching my head saying WTF.

Bottom line is that Pope does seem to be the most exciting RB in camp so far. Michael looks good as well. I was surprised at Collins' lack of explosiveness when he gets into the open field. I don't think he's looked bad, but he didn't look explosive to me, either.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tical21":1y7ri3zd said:
I really wish Pope was 10 pounds heavier or a tenth faster. It is pretty rare for a small and slow back to amount to much. Well, except maybe Emmitt. I'm intrigued though, kid can accelerate.
His pro day numbers were actually pretty good. He had 40 times of 4.49 and 4.55. He also had a 35 vertical, 10 foot long jump, a 4.21 20-yard shuttle and he benched 25 reps.

He's small, but that lower center of gravity will help him. Biggest concern would be injury, though that could be mitigated somewhat by fewer reps due to RBBC.

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/jsu- ... 2ecfa.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=RB

Latest posts