Tyler Lockett

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":m9vivu4v said:
Easy to say from the couch or from the stands

If you're saying it's much harder for RW than it appears on screen, I agree. I think the degree of difficulty this offense thrusts upon him is ridiculous. Still, whether it's the playcalling, blocking, or QB, there are many instances where Lockett is open and doesn't get a target. Just another facet to this disappointing, anemic offense.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Lockett has had some big catches this year. But so has PRich, Doug, Jimmy, et all. I'd say we have one of the better receiving corps in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1iqumawv said:
Lockett has had some big catches this year. But so has PRich, Doug, Jimmy, et all. I'd say we have one of the better receiving corps in the league.

10. Seattle Seahawks: This offense will likely prevent TE Jimmy Graham from being the force he once was, but he still rebounded from a serious knee injury to have a strong second year in Seattle (65 receptions, 923 yards). Doug Baldwin deservedly remains Russell Wilson's preferred target, and Tyler Lockett or Paul Richardson could make a claim for the No. 2 receiver post.
From USA today

Not bad but more middle of the pack.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not sure why Lockett hasn't flourished more other than Wilson doesn't have the time for #2 or 3 over half the time. Russell has missed him a few times and at least 2 I remember could have been game breakers. The whole offense is just weird this year. I thought going in he and Graham both would have good years, but nope not thus far. Frustrating knowing what could be but just aint.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2t6cu8et said:
Siouxhawk":2t6cu8et said:

10. Seattle Seahawks: This offense will likely prevent TE Jimmy Graham from being the force he once was, but he still rebounded from a serious knee injury to have a strong second year in Seattle (65 receptions, 923 yards). Doug Baldwin deservedly remains Russell Wilson's preferred target, and Tyler Lockett or Paul Richardson could make a claim for the No. 2 receiver post.
From USA today

And this has what relevance to the topic at hand? Looks like a preseason guesstimate.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2q50ec2v said:
chris98251":2q50ec2v said:
Siouxhawk":2q50ec2v said:

From USA today

And this has what relevance to the topic at hand? Looks like a preseason guesstimate.

Your right, probably worse now.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ovw7zgy said:

They're excellent deep threats mostly. Too bad our OL can't hold up long enough consistently enough to make deep shots viable. Doug is the only guy we have who plays the "possession receiver" role really well, but he can also go deep. Hopefully Darboh can step up and fulfill that role. We saw him catch a slant pass on a RPO in one of the past games (Titans?) which was nice.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":12zaoj7a said:
Siouxhawk":12zaoj7a said:

They're excellent deep threats mostly. Too bad our OL can't hold up long enough consistently enough to make deep shots viable. Doug is the only guy we have who plays the "possession receiver" role really well, but he can also go deep. Hopefully Darboh can step up and fulfill that role. We saw him catch a slant pass on a RPO in one of the past games (Titans?) which was nice.
PRich has caught a few of those intermediate out patterns along the sideline, but yeah, I think the feeling when they drafted Darboh was to be a younger, hopefully more reliable, version of Kearse.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Locketts a play maker. We just need to find a way to get the ball into his hands. Russ has flat out missed him a few times this year. All in all though, I would say we have an average to middle of the pack receiving corp.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1lffg4dy said:
Well, I mean, we already know it wasn’t sustainable because it wasn’t anywhere close to being sustained.

As for it hypothetically having been sustainable, that’s always possible, but whenever someone who you already have data on goes on an all time best historic tear over a short stretch you have to decide if they’ve suddenly become leaps and bounds better than what we even considered possible before, or if like every other wildly improbable conclusion resulting from a small sample size, you should predict regression back to the mean.

Since that truly epic and historic run the prediction — Russell Wilson is a very good QB, but probably not leaps and bounds better than the best QB who will ever play the position — was the correct one.

It’s no different than looking at Baldwin on that run and predicting he’d continue to be a very good WR, but probably wasn’t going to go on to average 25 TDs per season over the rest of his career (I’m guessing there — you’d project his TDs over those seven games across 16 games and then use that as your average annual TE totall if you didn’t think small sample size was partially at play).

Isn't it hard to actually gauge a players full capability if they are hamstrung by the 10 members on their team? I mean in relative terms. Football is the ultimate team sport and a player is only as good as the other players around him. Sure you have the exceptions to the rule like Brady and Manning. But for everyone else, would they be who they are on a different team. You say Baldwin is good but not great. Would you still think that way if he played for the Falcons? The Patriots? What if Julio was drafted by the Seahawks? Would he still be considered hands down the best in the game? What if Bowman played alongside the LOB throughout his career. May have been potentially one of the best ever.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":c1j5bjjh said:
Mistashoesta":c1j5bjjh said:
It certainly is sustainable. Get a cohesive semi functioning offensive line to provide Wilson with reasonable protection and watch Wilson dismantle whatever D is in front of him. Unsustainable would be to lose your job after once reaching the Superbowl and then to unfortunately find yourself unemployed.
That awesome streak wasn't due to our offensive line becoming good.

Sure it was. Even if it was a minor role compared to that of maybe say the defense. Swap that line with the line they have now. Does that run still happen? Chances are slim. Very.

RCATES

Reaction score
austinslater25":2qdgk3yp said:
RCATES":2qdgk3yp said:
It's Wilson. He has been off every since the start of last year. Either he has taken a step back or the league has figured him and the offense out. Sadly neither he nor Bevell have been able to make a adjustment.

Couldn't disagree more. The line has been garbage throwing the whole thing out of whack. They seem to be playing slightly better so maybe it continues.

Arizona's line is worse then ours. They had no problem putting up big offensive numbers last week. Its easy to blame the O-Line and continue to wear Wilson is elite goggles. His inability to see over the Lineman and having to drop back 10 yards every play to survey the field is a problem. A 3rd and 5 becomes a 15 yard throw to convert. There are only a few teams in this league that have really good offensive line. Its a league wide problem. Wilson inability to stay in the pocket makes it even more difficult for our O-line to protect and know where he's at all times. Teams have figured out how to limit Wilson and the numbers show. Everyone wants to point to Bevell and the lineman but there's a reason that Pete and John haven't made moves to bring in better lineman. They know its Wilson. I hope I'm wrong and he can figure it out. If not its going to be another 2nd round exit.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2zkhsr3q said:
austinslater25":2zkhsr3q said:
RCATES":2zkhsr3q said:
It's Wilson. He has been off every since the start of last year. Either he has taken a step back or the league has figured him and the offense out. Sadly neither he nor Bevell have been able to make a adjustment.

Couldn't disagree more. The line has been garbage throwing the whole thing out of whack. They seem to be playing slightly better so maybe it continues.

Arizona's line is worse then ours. They had no problem putting up big offensive numbers last week. Its easy to blame the O-Line and continue to wear Wilson is elite goggles. His inability to see over the Lineman and having to drop back 10 yards every play to survey the field is a problem. A 3rd and 5 becomes a 15 yard throw to convert. There are only a few teams in this league that have really good offensive line. Its a league wide problem. Wilson inability to stay in the pocket makes it even more difficult for our O-line to protect and know where he's at all times. Teams have figured out how to limit Wilson and the numbers show. Everyone wants to point to Bevell and the lineman but there's a reason that Pete and John haven't made moves to bring in better lineman. They know its Wilson. I hope I'm wrong and he can figure it out. If not its going to be another 2nd round exit.

Ya, and it's Wilson's fault the run game has pretty much vanished as well (too short to hand off correctly I guess). Teams don't have to respect the run, can get pressure bringing 3-4, and that leaves little openings down field to make them pay.

And please wake up and investigate what is going on here. They are trying like hell to bring in linemen, they just can't tell a good one from a bad one as we've seen over and over and over again.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":2y0qcnhb said:
RCATES":2y0qcnhb said:
austinslater25":2y0qcnhb said:
RCATES":2y0qcnhb said:

Ya, and it's Wilson's fault the run game has pretty much vanished as well (too short to hand off correctly I guess). Teams don't have to respect the run, can get pressure bringing 3-4, and that leaves little openings down field to make them pay.

And please wake up and investigate what is going on here. They are trying like hell to bring in linemen, they just can't tell a good one from a bad one as we've seen over and over and over again.

Only because of the surgery for LJ knowing he was going to be out a extended amount of time. Before that they were content on leaving things as is.

I can show you several articles backing up my assessment of Wilson from writers outside of Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":381vm8ti said:
Seymour":381vm8ti said:
RCATES":381vm8ti said:
austinslater25":381vm8ti said:

Only because of the surgery for LJ knowing he was going to be out a extended amount of time. Before that they were content on leaving things as is.

I can show you several articles backing up my assessment of Wilson from writers outside of Seattle.

Wrong again. Like I said, please investigate the subject before you throw our QB under the bus.
They tried and failed to bring in TJ Lang ($8M offer signed for $9.5 with Detroit), and have brought in or talked to at least 1/2 dozen other olinemen this season alone.

Wilson has some issues, I don't dispute that. My point is, 90% of them vanish a short period of time after you start protecting him with play calls and better linemen.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RCATES":1tjwvqjd said:
Arizona's line is worse then ours.

I dont believe that. They have one of the most immobile QB's in the history of the game and they always seem to find a way to run the ball (hell Peterson just went for 100+ last game) and they seem to always score points. The Seahawks on the other hand,,,,,,,,

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wrexbdd said:
RCATES":1wrexbdd said:
Arizona's line is worse then ours.

I dont believe that. They have one of the most immobile QB's in the history of the game and they always seem to find a way to run the ball (hell Peterson just went for 100+ last game) and they seem to always score points. The Seahawks on the other hand,,,,,,,,
We were at the Colts game 4 rows off the field near the team tunnel. No E still has a noticeable limp. He is not [emoji817]%

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
AZ got DJ Humphries back last game. He's much improved and bolstered their line quite a bit. Now they are healthier, their line is better than ours.