Uncalled facemask on Lockett

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ih5b2gnt said:
Hawk-Lock":ih5b2gnt said:
This forum amazes me sometimes. Serious question to some people. Do you guys actually think officials purposely make calls that go against us? Either meaning they have some kind of grudge against us or the fix is in?

Obviously it was a bad call, but simply a human mistake.

Interesting that Seattle has a disproportionate amount of "human mistakes", while our opponents seem to benefit from a shocking LACK of "human mistakes" year after year after year after year.....check the stats my friend.

I'm sure its just random coincidence, right? :roll:

So please elaborate. Tell me your theory for the disproportionate amount of penalties called against us. Do you think the mob has the refs in their pocket? Or is this just some random grudge that the refs have against the Seahawks. Or perhaps Goodell has it in for us.

Before you make comments like this, you need to elaborate. Because the more you explain it, the dumber you will sound.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock, apparently you are not watching the disproportionate number of penalties called against Seattle vs. the penalties called against any other team we play.

Read this article:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... eam-in-nfl

If that article doesn't cause you pause to reflect how it could be that every team we play has fewer penalties than their norm, and the Seahawks always lead the league in penalties, then I'd like to hear your response.

Something is clearly out of sinc with the referees when they call Seattle games.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Please additionally explain the nonsense that was the Lane facemask ejection, and the non-call against Lockett when the foul was right in front of the referee. Human error, confirmation bias, simple bias , poor refereeing , Vinnie's helmet, the travesty that was XL.

I absolutely maintain Seattle is regularly taking it in the shorts from the league and it's intentional.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3s7ftbp4 said:
Hawkpower":3s7ftbp4 said:
Hawk-Lock":3s7ftbp4 said:
This forum amazes me sometimes. Serious question to some people. Do you guys actually think officials purposely make calls that go against us? Either meaning they have some kind of grudge against us or the fix is in?

Interesting that Seattle has a disproportionate amount of "human mistakes", while our opponents seem to benefit from a shocking LACK of "human mistakes" year after year after year after year.....check the stats my friend.

So please elaborate. Tell me your theory for the disproportionate amount of penalties called against us. Do you think the mob has the refs in their pocket? Or is this just some random grudge that the refs have against the Seahawks. Or perhaps Goodell has it in for us.

Before you make comments like this, you need to elaborate. Because the more you explain it, the dumber you will sound.

There are plenty of posts on the .Net that show the statistics. Just because one can not "elaborate" and or show what the motive is does not disprove the numbers. Even if it is coincidental incompetence it still would not excuse poor refereeing especially if it is consistently one sided.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Refs are just calling it how they see it. But anyone who suggests it is on purpose is wrong. I've read and seen the stats. We are on the wrong side of a lot of calls, it sucks. A lot of our penalties are self inflicted. As for other teams having fewer penalties against us, I think most teams bring their best against us knowing that we have been one of the best teams for the past five years.

If you think there is some kind of fix then you are crazy. And it's easy to remember every call that goes against us. How many times do you count the calls that we got away with? We are on the short end of the stick more times than not, but it's not intentional.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm starting to buy the of human nature because if they just wanted to keep us out of it they would've called a hold or something on every scoring drive in SB 48
After sb40 my wife said sorry baby it just doesn't look like they want you to win, and that bothered the heck out of me until SB 48
I know we are one of the higher jersey sellers so you think that they'd want to build all of those teams.
That however is not the case , it can almost only be human nature and possibly some hate from the nfl HQ lol.
It's most likely human nature and a little east coast bias thrown in for good measure
JMTC

Go Hawks :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":lrqsce8r said:
Refs are just calling it how they see it. But anyone who suggests it is on purpose is wrong. I've read and seen the stats. We are on the wrong side of a lot of calls, it sucks. A lot of our penalties are self inflicted. As for other teams having fewer penalties against us, I think most teams bring their best against us knowing that we have been one of the best teams for the past five years.

If you think there is some kind of fix then you are crazy. And it's easy to remember every call that goes against us. How many times do you count the calls that we got away with? We are on the short end of the stick more times than not, but it's not intentional.

Except when they choose not to see it !

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Only a homer Seahawk fan would actually think there is some conspiracy by the NFL or refs to call games against us.Do you know how crazy that sounds. Do you really think a billion dollar business would fix games for no apparent reason? You sound like those crazy conspiracy theorists.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2fkzmwg6 said:
Only a homer Seahawk fan would actually think there is some conspiracy by the NFL or refs to call games against us.Do you know how crazy that sounds. Do you really think a billion dollar business would fix games for no apparent reason? You sound like those crazy conspiracy theorists.

“I’m upset so I’m going to stomp my feet around and attack EVERYONE who’s posted in here, because they’re Not telling me what’s i want to hear”

No ones a homer, nobody has said conspiracy. BUT NO it is NOT CRAZY to think is a BILLION dollar company would Steer games to benefit them, to keep games close, to keep ratings from dipping further or to assist teams/players with Fantasy football stats since there are a a few FF companies sponsored by the NFL and or NFL Teams, such as DraftKings/FanDuel etc etc, simple google search.

So yes it’s not crazy to think that games aren’t steered or teams aren’t aided.
Lockett’s Facemask couldnt have been the most clear example of how 1 ref choosing to stare at a blatant Facemask and not call it can have an effect. It killed a. 1st down, a drive and gave SF the ball.. 1 example out of the MANY .net alone has found and have.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Sorry Hawk-Lock, the NFL you remember from 10,20, 30 years ago is dead. Here's the five stages of grief, let us know when you move beyond denial and anger...

1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Exittium":jpronqpe said:
Hawk-Lock":jpronqpe said:

“I’m upset so I’m going to stomp my feet around and attack EVERYONE who’s posted in here, because they’re Not telling me what’s i want to hear”

No ones a homer, nobody has said conspiracy. BUT NO it is NOT CRAZY to think is a BILLION dollar company would Steer games to benefit them, to keep games close, to keep ratings from dipping further or to assist teams/players with Fantasy football stats since there are a a few FF companies sponsored by the NFL and or NFL Teams, such as DraftKings/FanDuel etc etc, simple google search.

Lockett’s Facemask couldnt have been the most clear example of how 1 ref choosing to stare at a blatant Facemask and not call it can have an effect. It killed a. 1st down, a drive and gave SF the ball.. 1 example out of the MANY .net alone has found and have.

It was a horrible call. The ref is human, he makes mistakes. Since when did reffing ever become perfect? Bad calls happen. That was one of them.

I just think anyone that thinks these games are fixed against us are crazy. Just my opinion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34ahrpqb said:
Exittium":34ahrpqb said:
Hawk-Lock":34ahrpqb said:

It was a horrible call. The ref is human, he makes mistakes. Since when did reffing ever become perfect? Bad calls happen. That was one of them.

I just think anyone that thinks these games are fixed against us are crazy. Just my opinion.

SB40.gif

41298206 hinesbus416

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":32l5vdbn said:
Hawkpower":32l5vdbn said:
Hawk-Lock":32l5vdbn said:

As others have said, the statistics don't lie.....and there are too many years of these statistics to call it any kind of coincidence.

I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy....I don't know WHAT it is that is driving the Hawks getting jobbed year after year after year.....all I know know is that I would love for it to stop.

Hard enough to win in the NFL as it is.

I will say that to blindly have faith that the NFL is some infallible organization that would never EVER be on the take is just as silly as believing blindly that it is for sure. You and I don't know. And quite frankly, what happens to Seattle is unique and suspicious to say the least.

chris98251

Reaction score
Could be that Paul cold just about buy half the league if he chose, he isn't a owner that gets his identity and notoriety from having his NFL toy like other owners, he is low key and for many years sent a representative to the Ownership meetings rather then go himself. He bought the Seahawks for the fans not himself unlike the rest of the league.

The unspoken grudge??????