Underrated reasons for optimism

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
  • Ryan Grubb has a background as a very good OL coach. Charles Cross and Olu Olu are both young guys looking to take the next step, Cross particularly having pretty great raw talent. We stand to gain a lot from that experience.
  • John Schneider knows the best way to help a quarterback is to get the run game going. I think he's going to lean into it, make Geno's job easier, and make the job of the next guy up easier as well by making sure that framework remains solid. Run the ball, stop 'em on D, and hit 'em with well-timed nutshots in the passing game.
  • Mike Macdonald could not have picked a more ideal background to come from. Draft is loaded with promising Michigan dudes. McCarthy, Colson, Jenkins, Sainristil, Henderson, Zinter, Keegan, Nugent, Barner, McGregor, Corum, Wilson... christ. Some pretty good Ravens FAs too that we might have an edge on.
  • Is John Schneider about to go wild with Macdonald and Grubb in this draft? Macdonald having a beat on Michigan, Grubb obviously on UW... there is so much to keep an eye on there.

chris98251

Reaction score
You only have so many picks, what their background does is have insight to guys that may not get headlines but were support role players that were very good we can sign as UDFA. Both programs have a fair number of guys that are stand outs and have been noticed. It also gives them understandings of if their weaknesses will be exploited in the NFL.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'll add that the last couple of drafts have added some building blocks, especially if Abraham Lucas's knee issues are resolved. And McDonald has a recent track record of getting a lot more out of talented defenders that hadn't yet clicked at the NFL level.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm optimistic as well. May not seem like it with the way I speak about Mr. Schneider, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how this team changes going forward.

The main things Jerhawk will be looking for to ensure the Seahawks are on their way to win Superbowl 61 are as follows:

1. Cut dead weight (already started this)
a. By dead weight I'm referring to their production compared to their cap hits.
2. Continue to develop young players
3. Bringing in established veterans in key positions (O line, safety, linebacker)
4. Infusion of smart, high impact young players

Easier said than done, but as long as they stay hungry and determined to build this team the right way - no more shortcuts with dumb trades - coach Big Mac will be holding that Lombardi come February 2027.