Unger Update?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
PC just said it was a Pec Strain. I am wondering if it is like the one TJ had.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was the pec strain going on during the game because he sure has been snapping the ball very low on shotgun formations...

seahawks08

Reaction score
Pete said there was a player who had the same issue and was able to play through it, so he will wait to see how Max feels day to day about the issue and how much of a drop off it would be from the pain.

seabowl

Reaction score
Aros":120keonv said:
Was the pec strain going on during the game because he sure has been snapping the ball very low on shotgun formations...

Been doing this all year. I actually think Jeanpierre is playing better than Unger and would rather see him at center.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm no kind of coach or talent evaluator, but would Unger be better at G? The guy is horrible at snaps out of the gun for some reason.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1c91ovvs said:
I like Unger but Lem's an upgrade.

I was thinking about this after Lem came in, that guys huge and honestly Unger has had horrible snap problems all year, not saying Lem is definitely better but I gave it a thought.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would bet money that Lem starts in NY and that barring some unlikely meltdown on his behalf we don't see Unger until the playoffs, maybe Rams game. I like the job Lem has done.

The depth has just been huge this year. Our backups have been very good and that is a major reason why this team is 11-2. Maxwell and Lane are getting great experience and it is only making the Legion even better come playoff time.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
King Dog":6tt2dip8 said:
I'm no kind of coach or talent evaluator, but would Unger be better at G? The guy is horrible at snaps out of the gun for some reason.

He was drafted as a C/OG, and played OG for a while until Pete came and moved him to C. He was not very good and was starting to not live up to expectations then Pete came along and everything changed.

slipwax

Reaction score
Lem may be more gifted physically, but I think Unger's value is his ability to make line calls

Domseahawks

Reaction score
slipwax":2q9s9mjy said:
Lem may be more gifted physically, but I think Unger's value is his ability to make line calls
This. I would be happy either way we decided to go but just from watching it looks like Max's experience and leadership edges out Lem.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seabowl":45kh7hrv said:
Aros":45kh7hrv said:

Been doing this all year. I actually think Jeanpierre is playing better than Unger and would rather see him at center.

And you base all of that on his shotgun snaps? There is a reason Unger is higher on the depth chart. There's an instant and noticeable improvement in pass protection with him in, but, hey, let's just make the switch based on shotgun snaps.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
What the heck has happened to Unger? Wasn't he an all pro? Lineman don't usually fall off a cliff like this. Perhaps he did a little too much surfing during the off-season in his native Hawaii.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Come on guys.... seriously.. our first-team All-Pro needs to take a back seat to Jeanpierre? Wow ..fail. even battling injuries all season he is still better. Someone needs to actually watch the all-22 before making unfounded statements based on your limited TV viewing experience.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What is everyone basing their opinions on Unger on? Some low snaps? Geez, our starting O-Line has been lights out in pass-pro since Unger, Okung and Breno came back. Why would you want to mess with that?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
PC press conference yesterday said he hoped Unger would be able to play this week. When means... absolutely nothing. Doesn't sound season-ending, though.