Unger's destiny message to teammates.

CitrusHawk

Reaction score
"Center Max Unger and cornerback Richard Sherman addressed their teammates. The message: We're going to the Super Bowl. If any of you want to do this stuff, go ahead. You won't be coming with us." NFL.com

This is exactly what I want to hear from the team. No excuses... we're going with or without you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I just posted and deleted this same thing.

Of note, for those worried about this being a distraction, this is actually kind of old news for the Hawks. Browner's appeal has already been heard, and apparently the team knew about these suspensions before this team meeting.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I wonder how the rest of the DBs are reacting to/dealing with these two behind closed doors. There has to be a certain sense of betrayal.

Good to hear Unger & Sherman are taking this lead though.

McGruff

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":x8uq2sh6 said:
Shouldn't have needed to be said at this point but I am glad it was!

Yeah. They said similar things in TC after Irvin was suspended, so I'm skeptical. But I do love seeing Sherman take the leadership role.

lobohawk

Reaction score
The Hawks are going to be receiving lots of grief from the talking heads for a while. Hopefully, this lights an additional fire for those still on-board to disprove the doubters.

Sturm

Reaction score
Should Sherman be giving this speech after his questionable PED suspension that was overturned? I think Red Bryant would be the best candidate to address the defense.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Sturm":2q6facna said:
Should Sherman be giving this speech after his questionable PED suspension that was overturned? I think Red Bryant would be the best candidate to address the defense.

Sherman didn't take any PED's.

Johnny

Reaction score
I'm not so worried about Thurmond & Browner as many are, I remember last year we made a playoff push without these two players and I feel this defense is good enough it can overcome the loss of these two players... now if it were players like Thomas/Sherman then I would say the season 'might' be over....

And with the addition of Winfield (maybe)... I don't see as huge of a drop-off as some people do.. Maxwell/Lane showed they can hold down the fort in short stretches last year and with another year of seasoning under their belts who knows maybe one of these guys can step up and earn the starting job for the rest of the year..

Also, I like how the other players in the locker room are standing up and saying "NO MORE"... They are telling the team "We have a chance of doing something special this year, So don't blow it!"....

I feel that Browner has played his last plays in the NFL... If this one year suspension sticks that would make Browner 31 years old when he is able to comeback, He might get a one year deal with the Jags if Bradley is still the HC there....

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":146d5ez4 said:
Sturm":146d5ez4 said:

Sherman didn't take any PED's.

Sure he didnt :)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2w3tqd8y said:
I just posted and deleted this same thing.

Of note, for those worried about this being a distraction, this is actually kind of old news for the Hawks. Browner's appeal has already been heard, and apparently the team knew about these suspensions before this team meeting.

This team distracted by drug issues? Drug related issues are the norm not the acception. There is almost always a suspension looming for this team.

This is just business as usual.

OP
OP
C

CitrusHawk

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Browner being gone is a bad thing. I wouldn't be suprised to witness a sense of relief and a more free and loose backfield. How many threads have been ignited about the "next man up" phenomenon. Just watch Perrish Cox, Lane, and even Maxwell, make us feel that Browner should have never regained his starting spot this year.

Latest posts