Uniform?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Champions Unis. Always will have a special place in my heart for those. Nostalgia runs deep in those.

As an aside, did we wear the Wolf Greys last Sunday? It was one of those broadcasts I really couldn't tell. If it was our all whites they sure looked dingy.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The Champions Unis. Always will have a special place in my heart for those. Nostalgia runs deep in those.

As an aside, did we wear the Wolf Greys last Sunday? It was one of those broadcasts I really couldn't tell. If it was our all whites they sure looked dingy.
Yeah, last week our Seahawks wore the "doesn't their equipment manager have somebody to wash their uniforms?" combo, also known as the "TV audience, here's where each player sweats most" greys.

As I said in another thread, as cool as "wolf-grey uniforms" sounds, they really needed to be a few shades darker, so they don't look like badly-washed whites (or worse, Rams uniforms), and so each drop of sweat doesn't show up so clearly for everyone watching.

Ruminator

Reaction score
When I first tuned into the wolf greys game, my first thought was, literally, "Are those their whites that look less white because of crappy lighting at Arizona's stadium?" Yeah, needs to be more of a medium-dark grey, not "almost" grey.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Yeah, last week our Seahawks wore the "doesn't their equipment manager have somebody to wash their uniforms?" combo, also known as the "TV audience, here's where each player sweats most" greys.

As I said in another thread, as cool as "wolf-grey uniforms" sounds, they really needed to be a few shades darker, so they don't look like badly-washed whites (or worse, Rams uniforms), and so each drop of sweat doesn't show up so clearly for everyone watching.
I remember thinking about that last week, because someone commented about it here (it might have been you). I remember not noticing sweat. I think there might have been a change in the uniform fabric or the way they're constructed. I remember when they first came out, the jerseys made the players look like Teletubbies when they got wet.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I like the white over blue since we won the big game in those duds, but I still prefer the grey pants with both the blue or white jersey. I think the contrast really makes the uniform pop, especially with the blue home jerseys, plus it reminds me of the original Hawks uniforms from back in the day. I can see why the players like the blue on blue at home, but I'm tired of the monochromatic look. Too many teams are doing it and it reminds me of TNF.

sutz

Reaction score
I like the white over blue since we won the big game in those duds, but I still prefer the grey pants with both the blue or white jersey. I think the contrast really makes the uniform pop, especially with the blue home jerseys, plus it reminds me of the original Hawks uniforms from back in the day. I can see why the players like the blue on blue at home, but I'm tired of the monochromatic look. Too many teams are doing it and it reminds me of TNF.
I was never a fan of the unicolor look, but we won a lot of games in them, so I deal. :)