*UPDATE* Are you a Dish Satellite subscriber?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":f33ah278 said:
hgwellz12":f33ah278 said:
The day 'a la cart' programming is available will be a glorious event. Not expecting that any time soon tho, so it's 2 or 3 less trips to Melrose for delicious ribeyes per month.

No kidding; I could do without 50 Spanish-speaking channels, 25 shopping channels, 30 kids' channels, etc., etc.,etc...
Can you guys think of a scenario where the providers could make at least as much if not more offering ala carte as what's offered now? I'm skeptical.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":tk7y12jp said:
PlinytheCenter":tk7y12jp said:
hgwellz12":tk7y12jp said:
The day 'a la cart' programming is available will be a glorious event. Not expecting that any time soon tho, so it's 2 or 3 less trips to Melrose for delicious ribeyes per month.

No kidding; I could do without 50 Spanish-speaking channels, 25 shopping channels, 30 kids' channels, etc., etc.,etc...
Can you guys think of a scenario where the providers could make at least as much if not more offering ala carte as what's offered now? I'm skeptical.

I am really torn. I would love to save money of course, but I do agree with their assertion that if cable goes A' La Carte, you can say 'bye bye' to anything that isn't drawing big numbers. What TV I do watch typically comes from the more obscure stuff and I do fear that 3/4 of what I like to watch will be gone because the channels cannot make it on their own.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
First i lost fox 13. Ok thats ok with me till seahawks start playing but i came home today and went to watch my recording of NFL NETWORK Total Access and that channel is out now.
Im paying extra for that channel and now im pisted off. Isn't them charging me for a channel they don't have anymore illegal or something. F'ing BS, im so f'ing mad i could bleep bleep bleep bleep right now. Geesh get it together people.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Looks like the cuts continue..

The NFL has announced the Dish Network dropped NFLN and NFL RedZone at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday.

“This represents the first time in NFL Network’s 13-year history that one of its service providers has not continued to offer the network to its subscribers,” the league declares in the statement announcing the development. Dish Network would likely say that this represents one of the rare instances where someone has said to the NFL, “We’re not paying what you want.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-redzone/

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":288om488 said:
hawksfansinceday1":288om488 said:
PlinytheCenter":288om488 said:
hgwellz12":288om488 said:

I am really torn. I would love to save money of course, but I do agree with their assertion that if cable goes A' La Carte, you can say 'bye bye' to anything that isn't drawing big numbers. What TV I do watch typically comes from the more obscure stuff and I do fear that 3/4 of what I like to watch will be gone because the channels cannot make it on their own.

Agreed. Or, if the providers go the A'La Carte way, how much more would it cost to have, say, your favorite 15 channels? If they charged $10-15 apiece for them, then your bill is fairly high. But, it would save HOURS of time wading through channels you have absolutely no interest in. A conundrum indeed...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
12thman.garydrake":25f3nq6n said:
First i lost fox 13. Ok thats ok with me till seahawks start playing but i came home today and went to watch my recording of NFL NETWORK Total Access and that channel is out now.
Im paying extra for that channel and now im pisted off. Isn't them charging me for a channel they don't have anymore illegal or something. F'ing BS, im so f'ing mad i could bleep bleep bleep bleep right now. Geesh get it together people.
I just saw the NFL Network is out too and I am FURIOUS. I just upgraded my programming a couple weeks ago, so DISH is getting a nasty phone call tomorrow morning. I wouldn't have DISH if I didn't live in the sticks. I am so mad right now. :229031_banghead:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I would LOVE to A'la carte. My channel lineup would be ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, AMC, A&E, TNT, TCM, FX, ESPN, NBC Sports, Big10 Network, History, Discovery, TVG, NFL Network, IFC, MTV, Food, BBCA,VH1, NatGeo
That's it. I don't even watch any of the other channels. The main news networks(CNN, FoxNews, etc)can go to hell with their crap biased programming. I watch local for news. That is 22 channels I watch out of 200. It is such a waste IMO.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Dish Network has the worst customer service I've ever had with any company. I switched to them 6-7 years ago but could never get a clear signal and many channels just didn't work at all. Their was also no communication between dish and the 3rd party company that they used for installation and other house calls. When I finally tried to cancel they deliberately cut me off twice before I finally reached someone who told me it would cost $200 to get out of my contract. I told the guy your installer lied and said I could get service in this area but I can't because of some trees in the way. Finally the guy canceled my service and after threatening legal action I never had to pay to get out of my contract. Never again, I'll gladly pay a little more for Direct TV or Comcast.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":8vi2jvyk said:
What is on NFL network that anyone will miss?
A Football Life (generally very good show), Thursday night games, the draft once per year..............I'm thinking............Top 10 shows can be decent............

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah this is ridiculous. No Red Zone either. Basically I just have CBS now for Sundays? I can't even begin to comprehend the levels of greed going on in this country any more.

mikeak

Reaction score
hgwellz12":rgow7erw said:

That day will be awesome

Day 2 will suck when you realize your bill is $75 and every time there is some new show on a channel you normally didn't watch you have to pay another $5 to check it out