*update* Seattle Seahawks list Russell Okung out for Dallas

jake206

Reaction score
To be honest I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Okung's performance been going downhill for a while now. His agility, which is a premium at the tackle position, has been negligible with all of his past injuries.

hawk45

Reaction score
I thought that it would be addition by subtraction with carp and unger due to their injury histories but our current line has shown me the error of that thinking. There is no silver lining to okung being out and is shuffling more DL conversions around.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jake206":2s53nbxp said:
To be honest I think this could be a blessing in disguise. Okung's performance been going downhill for a while now. His agility, which is a premium at the tackle position, has been negligible with all of his past injuries.
Have you seen Alvin Bailey play THIS year?

hawk45

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":e49qnajn said:
jake206":e49qnajn said:

Seriously. Have the ambulance waiting in the tunnel for Russ. I intend to set myself up for being pleasantly surprised by expecting 1 sustained drive all game, 1 offensive TD, and a chance at victory that depends upon turning multiple short fields into 3 pts.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk45":3cpmn4ga said:
hawksfansinceday1":3cpmn4ga said:
jake206":3cpmn4ga said:

Seriously. Have the ambulance waiting in the tunnel for Russ. I intend to set myself up for being pleasantly surprised by expecting 1 sustained drive all game, 1 offensive TD, and a chance at victory that depends upon turning multiple short fields into 3 pts.
And maybe a big return from No E.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well since Siouxhawk says Bevell is the ultimate OC and should be a Head Coach as well as carry the Chalice for Jesus he should have no problem making this work, after all the offense isn't about just one person but about all the moving parts.

Guess we will see how well Bevell knows his uses his personnel in the game, will certainly send a statement about how well he can adapt to circumstances won't it. He has had all week to prepare, the staff knows who and won't play early on and only release information before the game to keep the opposition from preparing.

Mojambo

Reaction score
chris98251":j7n43rbm said:
Well since Siouxhawk says Bevell is the ultimate OC and should be a Head Coach as well as carry the Chalice for Jesus he should have no problem making this work, after all the offense isn't about just one person but about all the moving parts.

Guess we will see how well Bevell knows his uses his personnel in the game, will certainly send a statement about how well he can adapt to circumstances won't it. He has had all week to prepare, the staff knows who and won't play early on and only release information before the game to keep the opposition from preparing.

Must this battle be fought in EVERY SINGLE THREAD?

A

Anonymous

Well crap....if you put it that way then we're screwed. If Bevell is the key to winning this game then we might as well just hop back on the plane and head back home.

Hope our defense shows up today and can dominate. We're going to have to rely on special teams and hopefully defense to score any points.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's about adapting our offense due to Okung being out, I think it's relevant.

hawk45

Reaction score
Good call day1, no E could very well be the difference, at the very least setting up some short field field goals.

cover-2

Reaction score
Maybe Cable will convert Michael Bennett to the o-line. :Dunno:

hawk45

Reaction score
Maybe Britt and Sweezy have the pass pro game of their lives to pick up the slack? Any takers? No?
Max protect or death it is then.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/660980626904866816[/tweet]

See we're fine w/o Okung, I rest my case.

Okung's injured legs are made of string cheese...

hawk45

Reaction score
jake206":thhua5u0 said:

Was that sarcasm? Bailey's flop and roll at hardys feet and the subsequent int nearly cost us the game.

I will agree that Bailey wasn't allowing free rushers like I worried he would,

jake206

Reaction score
hawk45":14rszs0i said:
jake206":14rszs0i said:

Was that sarcasm? Bailey's flop and roll at hardys feet and the subsequent int nearly cost us the game.

I will agree that Bailey wasn't allowing free rushers like I worried he would,

No that wasn't sarcasm, but we're comparing two subpar player to one another. Comparing Okung to Bailey... they are at best average...at worst a liability.. Out of the two Okung is the bigger liability.