us vs "The Cleveland Browns"

jammerhawk

Reaction score
LOL, yep the Browns personnel decisions especially where QBs are involved are a roaring dumpster fire.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I remember vividly the year that the Hawks were 2-14. This Browns team looks a lot better than that Hawks team.

There are pieces to work with on the Cleveland Browns, especially on offense. The fact that they scored 3 times in a game where we sustained every one of our drives except one...they actually looked decent at times. There is talent there. There is a universe somewhere out there where Manziel has both the poise and team stability/ coaching to become a top-5 QB. He has the physical tools to get there. That TD pass was excellent, and he made several other excellent throws. If that level of play had existed all season for the Browns, my guess is they win more than three games.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I dunno, in each of the Hawks early losses the games were competitive.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1q2bzlxe said:
bmorepunk":1q2bzlxe said:
sutz":1q2bzlxe said:
I think the point is, and I agree with this, that the Browns do look like a team that might be on the upswing. Their division is traditionally one that it is tough to grow into, but I could see them be pretty good in a couple of years.

The Browns have been on the upswing for 15 years. They're 3-11. There is no sports fate worse than being a Browns fan.

Mariners

That's not even close. The Browns left town, and when they finally got a team four years later they have sucked badly almost every year. They have had 12 seasons where they lost 11 or more games out of 17 (including this season). With rare exception they are the worst team in their division, every year.

The Mariners have been mostly mediocre as opposed to atrociously bad. Mediocre sucks, but it's not terrible. Cleveland hasn't won a championship since the year the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Also, baseball kind of sucks.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueBlood":h4upa9wo said:
bmorepunk":h4upa9wo said:
sutz":h4upa9wo said:
I think the point is, and I agree with this, that the Browns do look like a team that might be on the upswing. Their division is traditionally one that it is tough to grow into, but I could see them be pretty good in a couple of years.
The Browns have been on the upswing for 15 years. They're 3-11. There is no sports fate worse than being a Browns fan.
Mariners
I chuckled.

Polk738

Reaction score
They've had more starting QBs since 99 then any other team in the league and its not even close, that should tell you something about the Browns organization. Manziel shows some upside but I don't think he'll start to get it untill he grows up

mrblitz

Reaction score
the browns looked like they were giving a great effort. could have been closer (dropped passes), but it could have been a bigger blowout (michael could have broken a big run or three)

babyblues

Reaction score
The Browns looked better than I expected and I would agree that they could be a team on the rise. They showed great effort on Sunday, but were overmatched by Seattle. It seems that are only a few players away from having a decent team.

Seafan

Reaction score
Manziel has good feet but he's not a pocket QB. The Browns have one of the best OL in the NFL. Manziel is a gimmicky QB for a gimmicky offense. He's slight built. If he had been behind a bad OL he would be done already. People try to compare him to RW. They are both short and can run. That's where the comparison ends. He's made huge strides this season but he's hit his ceiling.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seafan":1pv26xot said:
Manziel has good feet but he's not a pocket QB. The Browns have one of the best OL in the NFL. Manziel is a gimmicky QB for a gimmicky offense. He's slight built. If he had been behind a bad OL he would be done already. People try to compare him to RW. They are both short and can run. That's where the comparison ends. He's made huge strides this season but he's hit his ceiling.

I thought he looked VERY poised in the pocket. He was actually standing still with the rush coming at him. He looked really good for that being his 5th start in the NFL against one of the best defenses in the league. If the Browns cut him loose, I think they'll come to regret it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seafan":2g6olckz said:
6 starts? To hit his ceiling?

You must be a gottdam genius.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
mrblitz":25ke1zr2 said:
the browns looked like they were giving a great effort. could have been closer (dropped passes), but it could have been a bigger blowout (michael could have broken a big run or three)

That's if you want to look at 'dropped passes' in a vacuum. Part of the that is hurried throws and part is WR's and Manziel still not knowing one-another well enough. Know what to expect from each other and the drops will decrease. They have improved, but they weren't competitive with us.