UW AT UCLA

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Anybody wanna caption that .gif of Price after the Shaq hit on special teams? LOL

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's going to be nothing but handoffs up the middle from UCLA the rest of the game. And UW still can't stop them.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Pac 12 refs throw more flags than any other conference, if its 50/50, they throw the flag. That was an iffy hold. Hands were inside.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawkWow":lfz7xtyk said:
seahawk2k":lfz7xtyk said:
USC always had a boatload of penalties too when both were there. They like their guys playing loose, and sometimes that leads to a lot of penalties.

Sark came after Willingham, the Huskies were terrible, but they are always one of the least penalized teams in the conference.

Carroll came after Holmgren/Mora, Holmgren's teams were constantly in the top five as far as fewest penalties.

As Seattle sports fans, i think it seemed that Sark and Carroll's teams were committing penalties after every play. Yeah, they commit a fair amount of penalties, for the Seahawks, especially early in the year, but I don't think that it has anything to do with some kind of officiating agenda.

I personally can't think of anything that has been called against the Seahawks with Carroll in charge that would even crack the top 20 of bad calls against Holmgren.

Thanks. The legit penalties don't bother me. Even in excess...but I'm trying to get my head around WHY so many bad calls against us? I watch an assload of football, but maybe I'm biased, cuz I don't see other teams getting as many game changing calls as the Hawks and Dawgs.

Now ask yourself, this...the way they both left LA, and stripped of a title, is it not possible that they are paying for that exodus now? I seriously believe it's happening. Hope I'm wrong.
Neither Pete nor Sark had anything to do with Reggie Bush and his stepfather taking money from guys in San Diego.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
That was a bad throw, and it was probably his last of the night.

Edit: I honestly didn't expect UCLA to go 3 & out there.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Release point is too early, ball is going to sail on him. They will get the mechanics fixed in time, just not tonight.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
seahawk2k":16ut2ltr said:
Pac 12 refs throw more flags than any other conference, if its 50/50, they throw the flag. That was an iffy hold. Hands were inside.

Yeah and they run in so excitedly to call it. They feel like the game is about them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sc85sis":9305zpuk said:
HawkWow":9305zpuk said:
seahawk2k":9305zpuk said:
USC always had a boatload of penalties too when both were there. They like their guys playing loose, and sometimes that leads to a lot of penalties.

Sark came after Willingham, the Huskies were terrible, but they are always one of the least penalized teams in the conference.

Carroll came after Holmgren/Mora, Holmgren's teams were constantly in the top five as far as fewest penalties.

As Seattle sports fans, i think it seemed that Sark and Carroll's teams were committing penalties after every play. Yeah, they commit a fair amount of penalties, for the Seahawks, especially early in the year, but I don't think that it has anything to do with some kind of officiating agenda.

I personally can't think of anything that has been called against the Seahawks with Carroll in charge that would even crack the top 20 of bad calls against Holmgren.

Thanks. The legit penalties don't bother me. Even in excess...but I'm trying to get my head around WHY so many bad calls against us? I watch an assload of football, but maybe I'm biased, cuz I don't see other teams getting as many game changing calls as the Hawks and Dawgs.

Now ask yourself, this...the way they both left LA, and stripped of a title, is it not possible that they are paying for that exodus now? I seriously believe it's happening. Hope I'm wrong.
Neither Pete nor Sark had anything to do with Reggie Bush and his stepfather taking money from guys in San Diego.

I understand they didn't physically hand Bush any money. It was the pimp agent doling out the cars, trips and house, but it was on their watch. I am not upset with them in any capacity, I mean...I wasn't astonished learning a Trojan might have been a cheat. ; )...I'm just wondering if there's not ill will towards them for departing the program during all the hoopla. Even Don James took heat, from some, when he bowed out.

Tical21

Reaction score
Was this good enough for Sark to prove his worth?

I don't like Miles. I don't judge a freshman by performance against his good team, I just don't like his motion. I'm thinking/hoping I was right that Troy Williams will be the QB next season.

The defense had a tough day. Those UCLA RB's looked awfully slippery, kept getting 5 yard gains when there was nothing there.

Stringfellow is my new favorite player. Kid has stud written all over him.

What is ASJ's stock? Can it drop far enough for him to consider coming back?

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawkWow":35kpatbh said:
sc85sis":35kpatbh said:

I understand they didn't physically hand Bush any money. It was the pimp agent doling out the cars, trips and house, but it was on their watch. I am not upset with them in any capacity, I mean...I wasn't astonished learning a Trojan might have been a cheat. ; )...I'm just wondering if there's not ill will towards them for departing the program during all the hoopla. Even Don James took heat, from some, when he bowed out.
Sark left the year before Pete did because he got a head coaching gig. No one is going to have an issue with that.

Pete has taken heat from some press and fans for "bailing to avoid sanctions" but that's a bunch of crap and it's mostly died down anyway. Though there are plenty of ignorant fans of other schools who think Pete and USC were cheating, most of the press now realizes USC got hosed by the NCAA.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":2a1orhcd said:
Was this good enough for Sark to prove his worth?

I don't like Miles. I don't judge a freshman by performance against his good team, I just don't like his motion. I'm thinking/hoping I was right that Troy Williams will be the QB next season.

The defense had a tough day. Those UCLA RB's looked awfully slippery, kept getting 5 yard gains when there was nothing there.

Stringfellow is my new favorite player. Kid has stud written all over him.

What is ASJ's stock? Can it drop far enough for him to consider coming back?

I'm afraid I'm seeing the same in Miles. Don't like his delivery and I don't think it was nerves.

ASJ is definitely 1st rd, probably top of the bottom 3rd. I think if you're a first rd guy, you gotta' go. Which will suck unless he's catching balls from RW.