UW Husky Men's Basketball Thread

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I predict Washington wins this one. I base that on nothing more than my desire for them to win. Let's do this...

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Down 8 at half UW is within reach. Really important they don't let UNC come out in the second half and extend that lead.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Their zone is weird.

It's creating turnovers... but its also leaving open perimeter shots and (by what seems to be design) allowing UNCs big men to receive the ball freely and take whatever shot they want from 10 feet.

be interesting to see if there's a change for 2nd half

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Husky defense not creating enough turnovers to make up for terrible offensive sets. Husky basketball and football teams very much alike. Great defense and terrible offense.

D

DomeHawk

Pretty much what I expected, this team just doesn't have the talent to compete with top national teams.

Oh well, onto to next season.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1qv9yway said:
Their zone is weird.

It's creating turnovers... but its also leaving open perimeter shots and (by what seems to be design) allowing UNCs big men to receive the ball freely and take whatever shot they want from 10 feet.

Think the game plan was to allow that shot around the FT line area. For the most part we defended the perimeter well, they just are really good from out there. In a zone, you usually can’t take away everything. Hop has said many times after games that they are fine giving up that mid range shot. Unfortunately Nassir Little is the perfect guy to put there.

Nothing to be ashamed of, we lost to a better team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dk3bf6r8 said:
Uncle Si":dk3bf6r8 said:
Their zone is weird.

Think the game plan was to allow that shot around the FT line area. For the most part we defended the perimeter well, they just are really good from out there. In a zone, you usually can’t take away everything. Hop has said many times after games that they are fine giving up that mid range shot. Unfortunately Nassir Little is the perfect guy to put there.

Nothing to be ashamed of, we lost to a better team.

The shots were too easy though. And the Huskies couldnt hit their easy bsskets.

I understand losing to a better team. that was a little different

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree they were easy, but credit to UNC for attacking us there. If you go back and watch our upset against Kansas, we gave up that FT line area all game. I remember Fran Fraschilla continually saying that Legerald Vick could score 40 points in that area because Hop was willing to give that up.

We just don’t have a rim protector, zone will look a bit different with Stewart there next season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Horrible offense is what I saw..
It's all long shots and if you miss keep shooting..
Skills and fundamentals of the game are lacking.
No wonder the NBA is a 3pt parade :pukeface:
I give that one guy on UW knows how to play D.
I'm done with any men's basketball.
I saw so much better till the last 8 yrs or so on
all levels.
I'll just watch women since they can play the
way the game is meant to be played.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2d6v2cd0 said:
Horrible offense is what I saw..
It's all long shots and if you miss keep shooting..
Skills and fundamentals of the game are lacking.
No wonder the NBA is a 3pt parade :pukeface:
I give that one guy on UW knows how to play D.
I'm done with any men's basketball.
I saw so much better till the last 8 yrs or so on
all levels.
I'll just watch women since they can play the
way the game is meant to be played.

Have fun with that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":w9gnqoeb said:
I agree they were easy, but credit to UNC for attacking us there. If you go back and watch our upset against Kansas, we gave up that FT line area all game. I remember Fran Fraschilla continually saying that Legerald Vick could score 40 points in that area because Hop was willing to give that up.

We just don’t have a rim protector, zone will look a bit different with Stewart there next season.

That was thing. Seemed like the looks werent FT line area, but 6 footers. Huskies rarely stepped out to the pass and let the UNC big men turn and get a clean look.

UNC is a solid team, but Washington played poorly, especially in the first 10 of the 2nd half.

Will be interesting to see if the Pac-12 gets better next season.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nzoaeiew said:
Hawk-Lock":nzoaeiew said:

That was thing. Seemed like the looks werent FT line area, but 6 footers. Huskies rarely stepped out to the pass and let the UNC big men turn and get a clean look.

UNC is a solid team, but Washington played poorly, especially in the first 10 of the 2nd half.

Will be interesting to see if the Pac-12 gets better next season.

Agreed. I thought UW played really well in the first half. Difference was UNC made some three and UW didn’t. Second half the wheels cameoff with guys pressing to get back in the game. Pac-12 should be better because I can’t imagine getting any weaker. Word is Nowell is gone but McDaniels will join.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Think I saw a UW player yawning on the bench after he came out of the game. Yikes. UNC clearly the faster team and they spread out their offense much better than UW did. I thought UW should have switched to man to man pretty early in the game. UNC created the space they needed to...after that its all execution (knocking down shots) and they did that. UW missed 6 straight FT's at one point. UW is who we thought they were....good defense but inconsistent offense. I'm not a Ducks fan by any stretch of the imagination but I hope they make a deep run to represent the Pac12.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":374k0il9 said:
Think I saw a UW player yawning on the bench after he came out of the game. Yikes. UNC clearly the faster team and they spread out their offense much better than UW did. I thought UW should have switched to man to man pretty early in the game. UNC created the space they needed to...after that its all execution (knocking down shots) and they did that. UW missed 6 straight FT's at one point. UW is who we thought they were....good defense but inconsistent offense. I'm not a Ducks fan by any stretch of the imagination but I hope they make a deep run to represent the Pac12.

I will just tell you now, as long as Hop is here, we won’t play man. We played zero man defense all season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rebounding was the Achilles' heel for the Huskies all season. UNC destroyed the Huskies on the glass and got 3 or 4 chances when they missed shots. The Huskies on the other hand were one and done with their shots.